ZHA locked up?

I believe you ran this update -> pip3 install --upgrade git+git://github.com/rcloran/bellows

were you having any issues prior to running that? Are you running HA in a virtual environment do I need to switch into that to run this? A little concerned about running that update but ever since I switched to 0.61.1 it just locks up all the time now.

@Yoda-x,

Do you plan on merging your bellows and zha work into the official home assistant component?

@MediaCowboy
Yes I do, But currently, with all the last changes from Rcloran and Andreas, Iā€™m not sure where their direction goes. So Iā€™m waiting

1 Like

@Yoda-x just an FYI but I was asked by Rcloran last week to test your commit here and submit a PR if it allows me to pair more than 12 Iris sensors. Do you think you might be able to submit a fix? https://github.com/Yoda-x/bellows/commit/9b31e42b78cad9949930d55f585d9574cea27105

I am honestly not sure how to test this commit as I have never modified code or used a custom component. Would be happy to if I had some direction :slight_smile:

You shouldnā€™t need the custom component to test the bellows change. Just remove your current bellows and install Yoda-Xā€™s branch:

pip3 install --upgrade git+git://github.com/Yoda-x/bellows

1 Like

Well the request was actually to test the particular commit in the link above without the additional code. I would switch over to Yodaā€™s branch but I was hoping to get the main zha component updated to allow more nodes. Probably something simple I am not seeing so hopefully it will come to me soon.

That particular commit is in the Yoda-X branch of bellows, not the ZHA component. The device limit would be with bellows, no the ZHA component.

So yes, you just need to remove bellows, switch over to Yoda-Xā€™s branch to testā€¦then you can always easily switch back.

Yes I could do that however Yoda has also made more changes beyond that commit so the test wouldnā€™t be precise as there is additional code in the code base. I was asked to test only those changes so for me it would be tough to distinguish if other code changes is needed as well for the PR. I know in the commit I can manually make the changes but I am not sure if modifying the file directly in the venv is the right way or not. I am no developer but I do know my way around lol.

Oh boy, donā€™t worry about the other changes and make things harder on yourself than it needs to be!

But if you insist, change zigbee/application.py in your venv to the contents of this file:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Yoda-x/bellows/9b31e42b78cad9949930d55f585d9574cea27105/bellows/zigbee/application.py

2 Likes

@walt I am a QA guy lol, I need things to be precise when I test so I donā€™t mind the extra work lolā€¦thank you for confirming what I thought needed to be done. I am new to some of this but I should be able to do what I need now so thank you very much :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi
I will pull a clean of the latest and greatest and create a push request, no prob,
It may take up to the weekend, when I find some time to do this.
No worries,

1 Like

Anyone have any updates on if @Yoda-xā€™s great work is going to be integrated into the main repo anytime soon? Iā€™ve tried to set it up, but my docker image is short on some necessary tools (canā€™t upgrade zigpy or bellows). Hoping that these upgrades will make it to the main repo eventually.

Just about everything works with the stock zigpy/bellows now and Yoda-xā€™s new_zha as a custom component.

Really? I was messing around with it and got a few things to work but the whole thing fell over pretty badly. I guess my failed attempts to patch the bellows and zigpy messed things up. Iā€™ll try it out on a clean install. Thanks!

Got it working! Thanks @walt and @yoda-x for the awesome work/advice. I paired four motion/light sensors, two buttons, one door sensor and a temp/humidity sensor! Everythingā€™s working with a HUSBZB-1. Iā€™ve run into two issues though. I canā€™t seem to add anymore devices. With the multiple sensors and other lights Iā€™ve got, I have 19 devices (4 lights, 4 motion, 4 lumen, 2 sensors for the door, 2 buttons, 1 temp, 1 humidity, and 1 pressure). I canā€™t add anything else. Is there still a cap on the number of devices? Iā€™m using 0.67.0 with a custom component (no Yoda-X zigpy or bellows).

The second issue is related to the devices themselves. How do you guys prevent them from going to sleep? I have to regularly wake up the motion sensors and the buttons to get them to report back to the network by pressing the small reset button. Is there a way of keeping the motion sensors awake?

the next hass release 0.68 will contain the data table fixes to allow us to pair more devices until then you can switch to yoda-xā€™s branches for that.

the official bellows 0.52 with the table patch is on pypi already. If you can do a ā€œpip3 install --upgrade bellowsā€ you should be fine. Not sure how this works for hassio or docker.
Btw, I was thinking this patch was already roled out, not taking the pypi life cycle in consideration. This explains some of the issues with limited device numbers

1 Like

what kind of sensors you have? usually the sensors send a kind of heartbeat to prevent this. for example the xiaomi does this every 50miin, And bellows has an increased timeout of >1h since 0.51.
BUT: if you have an zigbee router (bulb, plug,etc) in between, this may break the connection, having a shorter default timeout.
Sometimes itā€™s possible to configure the sensor to send reports for attributes every x min to overcome this, sometimes the sensor accept the command and ignores it.
In theory the end device should do a rejoin after a timeout. But it seems a lot of devices not really follow the standard and are designed to exist in their own eco zone.

unfortunately there has been a lot of zha stuff that has been pending for us to enjoy. I know a lot of us are also waiting on @dmulcahey PR https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/pull/12515

It brings battery reporting and energy reporting but its been waiting to get merged for longer than your table patch :frowning:

Thanks for the info! Iā€™m using xiaomi sensors with four old GE Link zigbee lights. The lights might be repeaters, but at least two sensors are less than two feet from the radio, so I donā€™t think repeater should get involved should they?

Things seemed to be working better before I installed more than ten or twelve devices. The GE Link lights (which worked fine for a long time) are now acting up too. Iā€™m going to try removing everything except one of each type of xiaomi sensor (in my case one door sensor, one movement sensor, one temp sensor, one button, and one water sensor). Then Iā€™ll see if they are all sending a heartbeat notification. Then Iā€™ll rebuild everything from there. No time to do this tonight, but Iā€™ll try it tomorrow and report back. Thanks again for your help!