ZHA locked up?

Correct, if the sensor is in good range of the controller, this should not an issue. I have two xiaomi sensors (leak and temp/pressure) in my basement connected over two smart plugs to my controller two floors above with problems. But two feet should be perfectly fine.

Okay, I managed to rebuild the zigbee network (removed DB and readded sensors). I’ve slowly added three movement, two temp, and one button - all xiaomi aqara sensors and it mostly works! I left everything overnight and in the morning, motion sensors and temp sensors are still alive. The button isn’t though. I need to reawaken it and then it registers clicks. That one’s a bit weird, but I can live with that. I’m going to see how things are after work today and if things are still alive, I’ll add the bulbs (repeaters) back in and see if that’s the problem. If that stays up, I’ll add more devices to hit my 20 device limit and see if I can replicate the issue. If it’s the max device issue, I’ll wait for the 0.68.0 release to see if the table patch fixes this. Thanks again for your work on zha and for responding to my issue.

Hmmm… so I’ve rebuilt the network again using the 0.68.0b0 branch with the patched tables and I can add all of my devices without issue now. However, when I add any of the repeaters (GE Link Bulbs) things start to go wonky. The sensors themselves seem to stay up now, but they do miss the occasional update, but they make their way back to the network over time. The bulbs though, they’re constantly disappearing and I’m getting this error:

2018-04-21 18:23:50 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity] Update for light.workshop fails
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 204, in async_update_ha_state
    yield from self.async_device_update()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 325, in async_device_update
    yield from self.async_update()
  File "/config/custom_components/light/zha_new.py", line 200, in async_update
    if self._supported_features & light.SUPPORT_XY_COLOR:
AttributeError: module 'homeassistant.components.light' has no attribute 'SUPPORT_XY_COLOR'

and this one:

2018-04-21 18:23:55 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity] Update of switch.button_door is taking over 10 seconds
2018-04-21 18:23:59 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity] Update for switch.button_door fails
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 204, in async_update_ha_state
    yield from self.async_device_update()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 325, in async_device_update
    yield from self.async_update()
  File "/config/custom_components/switch/zha_new.py", line 81, in async_update
    allow_cache=False,
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/zigpy/zcl/__init__.py", line 227, in read_attributes
    result = yield from self.read_attributes_raw(to_read, manufacturer=manufacturer)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/zigpy/zcl/__init__.py", line 194, in read_attributes_raw
    v = yield from self.request(True, 0x00, schema, attributes, manufacturer=manufacturer)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/bellows/zigbee/application.py", line 251, in request
    v = yield from send_fut
zigpy.exceptions.DeliveryError: Message send failure: EmberStatus.DELIVERY_FAILED

I’ll pull the lights so that things settle down. I might just switch all the lights over to z-wave and reserve zigbee for the sensor network.

Anecdotally - I removed all of my several-years-old GE Link bulbs from my network about two months ago, and zha has been MUCH more reliable ever since.

I get this same error when using Hue bulbs that I added directly to my HUSBZB-1 z-wave/zigbee stick using Hue-Thief. This started within the last update or two. I am currently on 0.67.0.