ZHA not working after update to 0.115

I have a sonoff cc2531 usb gateway plugged into my intel nuc. I have 5 devices connected to it - all sonoff zigbee switches (BASICZBR3). All was working fine, until updated to 0.115.1 - devices show but are not working (they do not show unavailable, if I turn on or off, the state does not change). I tried restarting HA, restarting my intel nuc, removing ZHA integration, removing usb cc2531 and plugging it back in, moving it to a a different port, etc… If anyone is willing to take a look at the log to see what I am missing, I would really appreciate that. I am currently on 0.115.2 version of HA.
ZHA Debug Log

same to me

I solved it by moving the sonoff cc2531 further away from my nuc via usb extender cable, I removed all devices, removed the integration, restarted nuc, restarted ha, and started adding devices from scratch. Seems to be working now for the last 30 minutes. Hopefully it stays that way.

Got the same issue here. My devices are still showing, but not working anymore. Any way to just fix this without adding them all again?

Not that I know of, and I tried everything I could think of.

Me too, I did “reconfigure device” and the sensor apparently returns to work but if I try on a sensor door to open and close nothing happens and remains in a “closed” state.
I imported a new door sensor and it works immediately.

I hope there is really a different solution (is not a solution) to delete and import every single sensor again.

1 Like

Here is the github issue made for this. There are some changes made to it as well, with a migration path.
Github: https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues/39852
Migration: https://github.com/zigpy/zigpy-cc/blob/e75d1fccfcd225abf6ac93a1e215ea16b2018897/MIGRATION.md

2 Likes

thanks. sorted now

My conbee Ii ZHA integration just blew itself up after going from 115.2 to 115.3. Even rolling back to 114.4 did not solve the problem. The migration doc is unclear: adding the text as is to my config does not fix the issue, and i can’t find any info on the configuration variables to know how to tweak for my system.

This sucks :frowning:

All device are offline and i see this in the logs:

Logger: homeassistant.components.zha.core.channels.base
Source: components/zha/core/channels/base.py:280
Integration: Zigbee Home Automation (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 3:55:53 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 3:55:53 PM

[0x0C22:1:0x0201]: async_initialize: all attempts have failed: [DeliveryError('[0x0c22:1:0x0201]: Message send failure'), DeliveryError('[0x0c22:1:0x0201]: Message send failure'), DeliveryError('[0x0c22:1:0x0201]: Message send failure'), DeliveryError('[0x0c22:1:0x0201]: Message send failure')]

This too:

Logger: homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection.548042838080
Source: components/websocket_api/connection.py:84
Integration: Home Assistant WebSocket API (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 3:54:35 PM (6 occurrences)
Last logged: 3:55:12 PM

Received invalid command: zha/device

Triple edit: like others, it appears I can repair each device by unpairing it and repairing it…but that’s a lot of devices.

OK it wasn’t that bad. Everything came back one by one as i unpaired it and the repaired it. No renaming devices or entities as it was all preserved. All node-RED flows back 100% too.

I need to not be such a baby.

Does anyone have a real solution?

Re-pairing 60 Zigbee items is not something that I want to do.

Updated: Tried unplugging and replugging the HUSBZB-1, my bulbs are now ALL flashing constantly.
This is getting ridiculous.

Update 1: Re-paired every single sensor. Everything worked for an hour before having all the lights (HUEs) flash again. Can anyone let us know what is going on?

I’m starting to get really fed up as well.

I have approx 150 devices, two weeks ago I wiped my NUC clean and installed HASSOS from my previous Ubuntu and docker setup as it was “not supported”

Spent about five days getting back to where I was previously.

ZHA is worse than ever.

Things dropping off the network, its not interference ( yes I have a spectrum analyser) things wont join to the network after a period of time and I have to get a cold boot of the NUC to get it operating again.

Tearing my hair out. I am sick of spending every spare hour working on HA

Did you try this:

works for me too. But i have only 6 devices… for those who has 10+ it is not a solution :frowning:

Is this a confirmed solution to not having to re-pair all my zha devices? Does this work for the HUSBZB-1 stick? This ZHA issue of not working after 0.115 upgrade is the one thing holding me back from upgrading.

You should be able to upgrade without issues, this is only for Texas Instruments based adapters.

So apparently this is not true and it did impact me. So my question remains is this a confirmed solution to avoid having to repair all my zha devices or am I screwed now and have to bite the bullet and repair everything?

**** Edit - I apologize and stand corrected, initially everything was unavailable and it took an unusually long time to come back but it appears just about everything is back. Never seen it take that long after a restart/upgrade.

1 Like

I’ve given up - moved to zigbee2mqtt to give some separation between HA and ZigBee

2 Likes

I hear you, I have gone back to Deconz

Deleting ZigBee.db and repairing devices worked for me, although it’s a pain to pair all the devices again.