ZHA or Sonoff USB 3.0 Plus limits me to 250 zigbee devices?

I cannot seem to find any documentation as to why I seem to be hard limited to 250 devices. I am not having any major lag or problems for my application. Why is there a hard 250 device limit?

I find there’s a 150 device limits with deconz by the way, but did not try much to figure out why.

Is it ZHA or the drive itself that is imposing this limit? Is there a way to agree that i’ve been warned and ignore the limit?

Otherwise I use deconz and zha? I dont have any issue with the latency currently in my system, it is not an issue for my appliation.

Server is i7 with 32GB of RAM and is not in any way overloaded.

Thanks in advance for anyone who an shine some light on my roadblock.

The memory on the dongle is the limiting factor.

To exactly 250?

So use two coordinators then on what is the suggested solution?

Dongles with the EFR32MG24 chip are reported to support more then 300 devices

The Zigbee devices limit is not hardcoded but is limited by the memory on the Zigbee Coordinator as well as exactly what type of Zigbee devices you have as well a combination of what exact Zigbee SoC + firmware configuration your Zigbee devices have.

FYI, I further answered and explained the actual device limitations in much greater details as reply this other thread here which asked the same question → Switched from Sonoff to Skyconnect, burt still limited to 20 devices?

Summery; newer Zigbee Coordinator SoC will allow you to add more Zigbee devices because it has more memory but you will also be able to add more Zigbee devices if you use Zigbee Router devices which have newer SoCs as a Zigbee Coordinator can add less “direct children” than devices that are connected via Zigbee Router devices instead of being connected directly to the Zigbee Coordinaor.