šŸ§Æ ZHA - Xiaomi Cube Controller

NEW UPDATE:

Hi!

I have your blueprint woking and set up the dimmer script. It works great!
Before using the dimmer scrrpt I set up cw and ccw rotation to change light brigthness. This way I can set transition time as I want. Is there any way to set transition time with the dimmer script? I would like to smooth the transition between brightness settings.
Iā€™m really new to this.

Thanks!

I donā€™t plan on doing so, but between the dimmer script and the volume script and other examples in the exchange, you should be able to craft something that works for transition.
Give it a shot, itā€™s just yaml.

Iā€™ll give ir a try. I have never used YAML
But firs I have to solve another isue. The cube works when I pair it but after an hour it doesnā€™t respond anymore

Itā€™s probably asleep. Trigger it on one of the triggers not used, then try the one you want. If you are using this BP, you can install the sensor I built to see when the cube is responding, without having to have an action on everything. It helps you learn what physical actions are needed to make it happen.

I was looking in the device feed on ZHA. When the cube works I see triggered actions even if the donā€™t have automations asdociated (unused gestures). But after an hour is like communication between cube and coordinator is droped. Iā€™m using an XBee3 dongle (supported but not recommended). Tomorrow Iā€™ll receive a Sonoff dongle.

Hello Team,

I get follow error : : Error: UndefinedError: ā€˜dict objectā€™ has no attribute ā€˜eventā€™
The cube is available in HA with Sonoff Zigbee 3.0 USB Dongle Plus - Sonoff Zigbee 3.0 ā€ŽZBdongle-P
any idea ?

Thanks W1z

You have to trigger it using the cube device. That error looks like you are hitting run in the ui editor.

Hi Sir Goodenough,

looks like I was not good enough :slight_smile: that was the solution. I tested it with the run in the gui not with the device.

Many thanks
W1z

1 Like

NEW VERSION

:bookmark_tabs: Changelog

Hi, thanks for your impressive work and documentation!

I have the problem that i canā€™t switch the mode. Iā€™am in Scene mode and tried so many ways to switch it. I tried it paired, unpaired, wait 5 mins. Nothing works.

Iā€™am Using ZHA, with Sonoff ZDBDongle-E (the newer verion and not P). I can see all the actions when I configure an automation, just the events are not fireing. Only rotate and shake.

Does anyone has a tip?

Edit: I just saw that slide is working too but battery is unknown

I would do this paired and with my event sensor running so that you know what mode itā€™s in, but this instruction is what the manual says for the cube and has always worked for meā€¦
https://github.com/SirGoodenough/HA_Blueprints/blob/06da5f1a0fe0a6bcbc4cafcd60d58dc6b1d9bd33/Automations/ZHA-Xiaomi_Cube_Controller.md#--hardware-versions.

thanks for the fast answer. I found the Solution. You need to first give up :smiley:
After sync, i just let the cube alone for half an hour. Then i pressed the button shortly. Pretty sure that this was not important. I think the soulution is to wait a long while after sync. 5 Mins was for sure not enough.

1 Like

Hi!
I have the Cube T1 Pro (connceted with ZHA and skyconncet).

My aqara can shake and rotate, filp, slide but canā€™t knock.

I should be in the right mode (if i change mode i can only rotate and shake).

Sometimes if you don.t delay long enough between moves, the move wonā€™t register. make sure there is a 1 or 2 second pause right before the knock.
Plus you have to be doing the knock right. Thereā€™s a video above of how to do it.
Finally id you add the event sensor and put the sensor entity on your dashboard, you will see what the blueprint thinks your move was. That will help with training.
Foe ZHA figuring out the mode is a pain. Yoyu probably have to look at the zha events or in the lohistory for the device to see if scene or action mode.

thanks for your advices.
Iā€™ve try to wait but i canā€™t still knock.
Iā€™ve also try to update the firmware of skyconnect but nothing changed.
Is it normal that i see all the move in the regiter as ā€œface anyā€. It canā€™t detect (for example) slice face 1, slice face 2, ecc.

I could try buing another dice but i think is my configuration the problem

If you would like to read my instructions again, Iā€™m sure this is the problemā€¦

https://github.com/SirGoodenough/HA_Blueprints/blob/241faf3e5f7438eeeb9af0e9c1cc0eda53180f08/Automations/ZHA-Xiaomi_Cube_Controller.md#--hardware-versions.

Put it into action mode, it is the only mode that works properly on ZHA and the people that set-up the zigpy device registry have not made a proper interview device for this cube. Complaints would need to be registered thereā€¦
(It all works fine in Z2M, BTW)
The T1 pro Cube is missing new functions that are available in the device. Ā· Issue #2145 Ā· zigpy/zha-device-handlers Ā· GitHub. to thumb up this to possibly get this fixedā€¦

1 Like

Thank you again. I thought that listening the event from ZHA was fine.
In the dev tool i see the face of the dice and i was able to see a knock too

But only one (i wasnā€™t able to repruduce it).
I havenā€™t find the video that show how to knock the dice (iā€™ll try again).

Thanks again

šŸ§Æ ZHA - Xiaomi Cube Controller.

Direct link

I was looking at @Hybrego 's issue - and mine sounds very similar. I believe Iā€™ve swapped to Action mode, as triggering 5 presses alters the behavior - no flips will register in the events.

Iā€™ve re-read your comments, but my understanding is that Scene mode would only reflect rotate & knock, not the slide/flip which we currently see?

Iā€™ve also posted to the subreddit, if the signature would be hlepful. https://www.reddit.com/r/homeassistant/comments/18u86ke/aqara_t1_cube_faces/

When I view the trace -