ZHA Zigbee Tested Devices...Please add your device results

I just got a Iris 3210L Smart Plug and it works great. I see references to it being able to measure current (in amps or watts), and I see “Electrical Measurement (2820)” in your bellows output. Have you been able to get that to work in Home Assistant?

Someone is actually working on this already. Hopefully we will see the PR come by soon, personally looking forward to the battery and energy reporting

4 Likes

Awesome, that’s great to see.

As an aside does anyone know of a way to see zigbee signal strength? I bought the smart plug mainly to strengthen my zigbee mesh network and I’d like to be able to test different locations for it. Ideally something in HA would be great, but even just a command line tool on the Pi would work.

I have no idea, but I get the idea that it might be in the Diagnostic cluster data.

Have you got these working again?

Also do they look as ugly as they do online?

I’ll try to get back to that PR this week. I have metering and battery reporting mostly working. I’m still trying to find a stable way to set up the entity id’s. I have something working but I’m going to try to clean it up a bit. My PR will include a breaking change and that’s why I closed it for now.

4 Likes

I have successfully added the following bulbs and they work.

Philip’s Hue White A19 Smart LED Bulb x 5
Philip’s Hue White and Color Ambiance A19 x 1
Sengled Element Classic A19 x 1

I had the hue bulbs attached to a hue bridge and had to use Hue Thief to get them to pair correctly.

1 Like

Cool, cant wait to get my battery reporting back!

hi, I’m having issues adding a new iris contact sensor. I already has one added earlier months ago and it is working well. However, I tried to add another one recently and that did not work.

It seemed to go through the add process but failed somewhere in the middle and subsequently the device does not show up in HASS.

there is that device data in the database, i believe that prevent me for adding the device again.

right now the current situation is that every time HASS start up there is this error.

Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 233, in _step
result = coro.throw(exc)
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/components/zha/init.py”, line 141, in async_device_initialized
discovered_info = yield from _discover_endpoint_info(endpoint)
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/components/zha/init.py”, line 285, in _discover_endpoint_info
yield from read([‘manufacturer’, ‘model’])
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/components/zha/init.py”, line 281, in read
allow_cache=True,
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/bellows/zigbee/zcl/init.py”, line 192, in read_attributes
result = yield from self.read_attributes_raw(to_read)
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/bellows/zigbee/zcl/init.py”, line 159, in read_attributes_raw
v = yield from self.request(True, 0x00, schema, attributes)
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/bellows/zigbee/application.py”, line 284, in request
v = yield from send_fut
File “/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/futures.py”, line 388, in iter
yield self # This tells Task to wait for completion.
File “/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 286, in _wakeup
value = future.result()
File “/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/futures.py”, line 277, in result
raise self._exception
bellows.zigbee.exceptions.DeliveryError: Message send failure: EmberStatus.DELIVERY_FAILED

1 Like

By “new” do you mean a new current gen model? I’m asking because the first gen Iris stuff isn’t Zigbee HA 1.2 compliant and will not work out of the box. Anything newer should work.

yes it is the newer model, I added one exact same one a few months ago and it worked well. however this one same exact model does not work. it got added partially but threw up that EMBER DELIVERY FAILED error every time hass start up.

Are there steps before this to pair the bulbs? How have you found the bulbs behaving since you’ve been using the stick? Have you added any motions?

I’m fairly new, trying to come off of the Hue hub and pair the bulbs directly with the HUSBZB-1

I switched my hue 5 white bulbs and a color bulb over to the stick and haven’t looked back.

To get this to pair with the stick after using the hub I had to do the following.

1. Shut down home assistant
  2. Install Hue Theif
  3. Run hue theif for each bulb.
  4. Start home assistant
  5. Call zha.permit
1 Like

Thanks. What’s there to configure in home assistant to run zha.permit?

You have to have zigbee setup. Plug in the USB stick and added the zha(zigbee) information to your configuration.yaml file.

1 Like

Got it. Thanks!

1 Like

Reset it, added it, worked for few and stopped working. I was able to pair a Hue dimmer switch by holding the “On” button. But can no longer control the light via HASS…

Error is: bellows.zigbee.exceptions.DeliveryError: Message send failure: EmberStatus.DELIVERY_FAILED

Edit: Figured it out. When you pair the Hue dimmer switch with the bulb you break the light’s association to HASS. So you can’t have both.

Looks like this PR is resolved, does that mean if I upgrade to the latest git I will get battery?

Nope, I closed that one… I was waiting for 2 others to get merged. I’ll probably open a new one this weekend with my changes.

3 Likes

now i am confused. Ikea’s own website says that Ikea tradfri light bulb uses “light link” profile.

so, which one does ikea tradfri uses?