ZHA Zigbee Tested Devices...Please add your device results

In my case the quirks are applied but no event is triggered with a button press. They used to work prior to 88.1

Are you sure no events are being sent? Last release changed events to come from the IEEE address instead of the device name. I would make sure you are watching all zha events and see if you are seeing anything.

1 Like

Actually pressing the button does create this event:

2019-03-01 09:04:48 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection.140015827368144] Sending {'id': 2,  'type': 'event', 'event': {'event_type': 'state_changed', 'data': {'entity_id': 'zha.zha_lumi_lumi_sensor_switch_aq2_02133f78', 'old_state': <state zha.zha_lumi_lumi_sensor_switch_aq2_02133f78=online; nwk=0x569e, ieee=00:15:8d:00:02:13:3f:78, lqi=254, rssi=-73, battery_size=CR2032, battery_quantity=1, battery_level=100, friendly_name=Office Lamp Button Online @ 2019-03-01T07:14:19.846953-05:00>, 'new_state': <state zha.zha_lumi_lumi_sensor_switch_aq2_02133f78=online; nwk=0x569e, ieee=00:15:8d:00:02:13:3f:78, lqi=254, rssi=-83, battery_size=CR2032, battery_quantity=1, battery_level=100, friendly_name=Office Lamp Button Online @ 2019-03-01T07:14:19.846953-05:00>}, 'origin': 'LOCAL', 'time_fired': datetime.datetime(2019, 3, 1, 14, 4, 48, 9027, tzinfo=<UTC>), 'context': {'id': '0b057ead86bc4ef78820c79bdbd24239', 'user_id': None}}}

but you will see that it is only updating the status from online to online.
I can’t really use this to trigger a button press as online status updates are also generated periodically.
In 86.4 there used to be additional log entries that showed the actual button press.
thx

That is weird. All my zha devices are sending events like this:

{"event_type":"zha_event","topic":"zha_event","payload":{"event_type":"zha_event","event":{"unique_id":"0xba16:1:0x0006","device_ieee":"00:15:8d:00:00:ee:0c:bc","command":"attribute_updated","args":{"attribute_id":0,"attribute_name":"on_off","value":true}}},"_msgid":"4a911b1d.8df5a4"}

do you have any scripts or automatons that try to issue Zigbee commands? Something is trying to communicate with a device that isn’t responding. Can you provide more of the log?

if you don’t have debug logging on you won’t see them in the logs. Use the event tool to watch the events. subscribe to zha_event You can find details on the event tool in the release notes for .88

Thank you very much for your response! I really appreciate your hard work in this ZHA environment.

As mentioned earlier these switches worked in 85.1 - I was able to see the Zha-events in log file (debug logging was on and is on now when I try to see them). Since 85.1 they have not worked at all. Even the first press after start does not change the state from unknown to bool.true (what it used to).

I have also tried to see events with this excellent event tool with same result …

So now the switches are useless in my system.

And to the topic (ZHA tested devices) - I have had two Ikea trådfri signal repeaters in my system for two weeks now. It appears that they really improve the signal quality if I can trust this states view rssi/lqi …

Xiaomi devices fall off the network constantly. Remove, reset and rejoin them. Scroll up through here and you can see a bunch of resources I posted about this previously.

Thanks again for a quick response!

I assure you I have removed, reset, rejoined many, many times. And once again they worked well earlier 85.1 …
My experience with my 20 Xiaomis in my system is that they have been extremely stable. I have had no problems with them within latest weeks. Earlier I had some problems but not any more. (except these switches)

Also I bet these switches are joined as well in the mesh. Because if it is not joined one pres with that reset button brings one blink with the led. Two means they are joined and they give me two … also in the states display the rssi/lqi changes and they show that they are online …

If they are online, and they have cluster 6 as an output cluster, they emit events automatically. Do you know how to use the new event tool?

Thanks again - I am just guessing because I have not found any instructions. I have pasted zha_event to event to subscribe to - line and then started to listen. Pressed the button and nothing happens.

If I paste state_changed and start to listen I see a lot of things to happen …

Please tell me what to do and I will …

BTW I just opened a sealed brand new box of a new Xiaomi switch from my shelf, paired and tested and nothing happened with this new one either. And also state does not change to bool.true what happened earlier to all switches - they are now unknown state

One more piece of info - I have very same switch in my deconz/raspbee testbench - once I pairred it - it has never dropped, worked always.

My dream would be using raspbee shield with ZHA environment. Any idea what is the future with deconz ZHA environment? Documentation says it would work - I tested, - it did start and I was able to pair devices, could not do anything with them though ;-(

Let me start by saying thanks for all of your great work.
I do have debug on as that is how I got the log entry that I had in my post.
I tried subscribing to zha_event and do see some entries for some of my other Xiaomi devices but not for the Xiaomi button. So no activity at all in the log file or the event tool.
I have three of these buttons (two that I use for garage door openers) and they were solid in prior releases, as well as zigbee2mqtt and the Xiaomi gateway but not working at all using ZHA in 88.1.
In the past the state would change to bool.true but is now always showing as unknown.
I have removed them and re-paired them several times to no avail.
This is what I see on the ZHA management panel in case it helps

They’re paired right and the quirk is on… I should clarify that homeassistant.core needs to be at debug to see the events. I just tried mine and everything is working… so not sure what the issue is.

I have no insight into zigpy_deconz

i have the same switch and i see no zha_events in my logs either i’m using an zigpy_xbee though

OK thanks! That’s a pitty - I thought this great work of yours would work some day with this Raspbee hardware. The only reason for this is that I do not know any hardware available in Europe right now after they quit with Elelabs. HUSBZB-1 might be illegal because of the zwave frequency.

If anyone knows a suitable hardware in Europe to support David’s work please share that piece of info.

@tosion After trying various other zigbee solutions, a week or two ago I ordered the conbee USB device. It works really well. My tradfri, Xiaomi devices all work and Zha even detects sensors I didn’t know were in the devices. I have a hive active plug that doesn’t work, but I’ve not done any trouble shooting. There are a few bugs in 0.88 but thanks to David these seem resolved. I think there are some underlying problems with zigpy, but the setup works.
The conbee cost about £50 delivered to UK, wish I’d bought it earlier and saved a few months messing with other stuff.