ZHA Zigbee Tested Devices...Please add your device results

I see same error although I’m on python3.7.

Those Peanut plugs apparently don’t measure power at all, for any system including SmartThings, until they receive a firmware upgrade. And they are still shipping plugs with old firmware.

You will need a SecuriFi Almond hub/router (one with Zigbee) to upgrade the firmware. I just got my hands on a used one but I haven’t tried updating yet – I’ll update the thread when I have had a chance to do it.

Ahh that’s annoying…it’d be great if we could figure out how to update without the Almond hub since these plugs are so much cheaper than other zigbee plugs that I’ve seen

I upgraded 88.1 yesterday and now my Xiaomi buttons (WXKG11LM) are no longer working. They used to change state to Bool.true when clicked and now the state stays as ‘unknown’ even when clicked.
I think the problem is that when pairing it is not creating a binary sensor similar to binary_sensor.zha_02286c89_1_6
I am using the HUSBZB-1 usb controller, running HASS.io in Docker on a NUC.
Any ideas?
thanks

That happened to me also - they worked well in 85.1 (Hassio/RPi). After that I have not seen any ZHA-events with them …

So I have 3 of the Xiaomi buttons (WXKG11LM) that worked fine in 86.4 but are no longer working in 88.1. How do I go about reporting this problem so that hopefully it will be fixed? Sorry if this has already been covered.
Most of my other Xiaomi devices are working fine.
thx

with 0.88.x are the quirks enabled to allow using the xiaomi aqua contact sensors? I tried to pair them but get nothing.

Yes. Mine works great. If you go into the zha control panel you should see if the quirk is applied to the device.

In my case the quirks are applied but no event is triggered with a button press. They used to work prior to 88.1

Are you sure no events are being sent? Last release changed events to come from the IEEE address instead of the device name. I would make sure you are watching all zha events and see if you are seeing anything.

1 Like

Actually pressing the button does create this event:

2019-03-01 09:04:48 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection.140015827368144] Sending {'id': 2,  'type': 'event', 'event': {'event_type': 'state_changed', 'data': {'entity_id': 'zha.zha_lumi_lumi_sensor_switch_aq2_02133f78', 'old_state': <state zha.zha_lumi_lumi_sensor_switch_aq2_02133f78=online; nwk=0x569e, ieee=00:15:8d:00:02:13:3f:78, lqi=254, rssi=-73, battery_size=CR2032, battery_quantity=1, battery_level=100, friendly_name=Office Lamp Button Online @ 2019-03-01T07:14:19.846953-05:00>, 'new_state': <state zha.zha_lumi_lumi_sensor_switch_aq2_02133f78=online; nwk=0x569e, ieee=00:15:8d:00:02:13:3f:78, lqi=254, rssi=-83, battery_size=CR2032, battery_quantity=1, battery_level=100, friendly_name=Office Lamp Button Online @ 2019-03-01T07:14:19.846953-05:00>}, 'origin': 'LOCAL', 'time_fired': datetime.datetime(2019, 3, 1, 14, 4, 48, 9027, tzinfo=<UTC>), 'context': {'id': '0b057ead86bc4ef78820c79bdbd24239', 'user_id': None}}}

but you will see that it is only updating the status from online to online.
I can’t really use this to trigger a button press as online status updates are also generated periodically.
In 86.4 there used to be additional log entries that showed the actual button press.
thx

That is weird. All my zha devices are sending events like this:

{"event_type":"zha_event","topic":"zha_event","payload":{"event_type":"zha_event","event":{"unique_id":"0xba16:1:0x0006","device_ieee":"00:15:8d:00:00:ee:0c:bc","command":"attribute_updated","args":{"attribute_id":0,"attribute_name":"on_off","value":true}}},"_msgid":"4a911b1d.8df5a4"}

do you have any scripts or automatons that try to issue Zigbee commands? Something is trying to communicate with a device that isn’t responding. Can you provide more of the log?

if you don’t have debug logging on you won’t see them in the logs. Use the event tool to watch the events. subscribe to zha_event You can find details on the event tool in the release notes for .88

Thank you very much for your response! I really appreciate your hard work in this ZHA environment.

As mentioned earlier these switches worked in 85.1 - I was able to see the Zha-events in log file (debug logging was on and is on now when I try to see them). Since 85.1 they have not worked at all. Even the first press after start does not change the state from unknown to bool.true (what it used to).

I have also tried to see events with this excellent event tool with same result …

So now the switches are useless in my system.

And to the topic (ZHA tested devices) - I have had two Ikea trådfri signal repeaters in my system for two weeks now. It appears that they really improve the signal quality if I can trust this states view rssi/lqi …

Xiaomi devices fall off the network constantly. Remove, reset and rejoin them. Scroll up through here and you can see a bunch of resources I posted about this previously.

Thanks again for a quick response!

I assure you I have removed, reset, rejoined many, many times. And once again they worked well earlier 85.1 …
My experience with my 20 Xiaomis in my system is that they have been extremely stable. I have had no problems with them within latest weeks. Earlier I had some problems but not any more. (except these switches)

Also I bet these switches are joined as well in the mesh. Because if it is not joined one pres with that reset button brings one blink with the led. Two means they are joined and they give me two … also in the states display the rssi/lqi changes and they show that they are online …

If they are online, and they have cluster 6 as an output cluster, they emit events automatically. Do you know how to use the new event tool?