ZHA Zigbee Tested Devices...Please add your device results

I am getting these TSN messages constantly as well for my lightify dimmer switch I paired. I also notice I need to reboot at least daily or that switch stops functioning.

Any ideas?

Unexpected response TSN=79 command=1 args=[[<ReadAttributeRecord attrid=0 status=134>]] 10:27 AM deps/lib/python3.6/site-packages/bellows/zigbee/application.py (WARNING) Unexpected response TSN=78 command=1 args=[[<ReadAttributeRecord attrid=0 status=134>]] 10:27 AM deps/lib/python3.6/site-packages/bellows/zigbee/application.py (WARNING) Unexpected response TSN=77 command=1 args=[[<ReadAttributeRecord attrid=0 status=134>]] 10:26 AM deps/lib/python3.6/site-packages/bellows/zigbee/application.py (WARNING) Unexpected response TSN=71 command=1 args=[[<ReadAttributeRecord attrid=0 status=134>]] 10:23 AM deps/lib/python3.6/site-packages/bellows/zigbee/application.py (WARNING)

I have 4 iris motion sensors (centralite_3326l) and three iris open/close sensors (.centralite_3320l).

I also have one smartthings open close and one smartthings motion sensor.

Overall my experience with the Linear HUSBZB-1 stick has been barely accecptable with these.

When they work, they work great. Fast reporting. I also get temp readings from all of them.

My issue is that they often just stop reporting. usually a quick pull of the battery gets them working again, but Iā€™d say I have to do that at least one time a day with at least one sensor.

Whatā€™s mostly annoying is that they often get ā€œStuckā€ on.

Where this becomes a big issue is that I have a group with several motion sensors. I have a few automations that rely on the state going from OFF to ON or visa versa. If they are stuck the state of the group never changes, and the automations never trigger.

I bought an Iris zigbee plug to act as a repeater and it has helped a little bit. but not much. I dont have a giant house, these sensors are withing 50 feet of the USB stick, and they are all within probably 15-20 feet of each other in general.

The smartthings sensors seem to be rock solid.

I just really liked the size of the iris sensors. I have not seen a zwave motion sensor anywhere as small as these.

1 Like

I have 14 iris sensors and none of them have this issue. I also have several zigbee plugs around the house too. The range on the USB stick is not that great. None of my sensors get stuck. I have one iris motion sensors that died in 3 days of use so I may disconnect that one. Have you tried to replace the batteries to rule out low batteries?

I have replaced the batteries. Maybe I need more plugs, but at some point that becomes a nusance as too. I will say adding the one plug did seem to help a bit.

Thanks for the info

yea you only need a few of them really, you can use the iris smart plugs second gen. It may sound like a nuisance but its all about building your mesh properly. ST probably has a strong radio than these usb sticks but stuff still works.

What bellows version are you running? I thought without the ZDO Management Join permit broadcast the zigbee ā€œendā€ devices can only join the network by using the coordinator as their parent.

whatever is in 0.69 you can still pair devices directly to the controller and them work via the powered nodes.

hmm, I know the battery powered devices were not working for me reliably, unless being in vicinity of the controller. The ā€œroutersā€ (line powered) could pair to controller directly and then I could move them, but ran into the problems with ā€œwall switchesā€ as those I couldnā€™t move easily.

I bought another iris gen 2 plug today. I have what I believe is a pretty dumb question, but figure Iā€™ll ask anyway. The device does not have to be powered on to be a repeater, just plugged, in right. :slight_smile:

correct it doesnt need to be on just plugged in

BTW I didnā€™t have any luck with Sylvania Smart+ plug
For whatever reason bellows could get even manufacturer and model name. Have anyone tried these?

I want to report back that after adding just one iris 2nd gen plug centrally in my home, that my sensors have been very stable. I have not had any stuck or unresponsive devices.

Another quick question, now that I have these more stable, Iā€™m considering going back and ā€œrenamingā€ them. Not a huge rush, as Iā€™ve already just used the very long names in my groups and automations, but might be nice in the future.

My question is - Is this done in the entitiy registry.yaml same as zwave devices? Anything else? Was not sure since zigbee also has the .db file.

entity_registry.yaml to rename all entities in ZHA. Just make sure u update them everywhere. I had to do this recently myself.

edit: also great to hear you got stability there!

2 Likes

Hey everyone, Iā€™ve had my lightify dimmer working for a couple weeks now however I notice every time I reboot the switch is turned on which stops my light from working unless I turn it off first then flip it on. Is this normal?

Is there anyway to make this switch just a button that sends a command if you press up or down instead of it being treated as an on/off device? I much preferred how smartthings treated this.

Thanks!

Not sure if there has been an update, or if I just know what Iā€™m doing more now, but I was able to add the SmartThings Leak Detector (CentraLite 3315-S) and itā€™s working perfectly.

So Iā€™m using
centralite 3300s (Smartthings Open/close)
centralite 3305s (Smartthings Motion Sensor)
centralite 3315s (Smartthings Moisture Sensor)
centralite 3320l (Lowes Iris Open/Close)
centralite_3326l (Lowes Iris Motion Sensor)
These all report temp as well

Also
centralite 3210l (Lowes Iris Smart Plug/zigbee repeater)

Until I added the plug, my zigbee experience was ok at best, since Iā€™ve added it, itā€™s been rock solid.

I have HA 0.70.1, and tried to use zha with HUSBZB-1 and Xiaomi devices.
The following devices work ok:

• weather sensor ( sensor.lumi_lumiweather)
  • water sensor ( binary_sensor.lumi_lumisensor_wleakaq1)
  • Aqara Wireless Switch (but it has only click/toggle, no double_click or support for hold or mutiple clicks)

I have problems with the motion sensor (binary_sensor.lumi_lumisensor_motionaq2) that does not update update itā€™s status in HA although I see in the debug log that bellows receives the data from the sensor.

Also the Aqara Door Sensor although works properly and itā€™s listed in the bellows devices, it is not persisted in HA, and is not present in HA after restart. But it is listed in the entity-registry.xml.

I have also a gas sensor (binary_sensor.lumi_lumisensor_natgas), but I see the alarm triggered in HA only after I push the button from the sensor while the sensor detects gas, but not when the sensor detected gas. So I have to push the device button to also see the alert in HA.

The door sensor that dissapears from HA seem to be an HA issue. Any idea how to fix this?

I have the same issue with Xiaomi motion sensor. Per debug output seems like sensor does send data when itā€™s tripped, but does not send an update when it clears. I believe it would be addressed via ZigPy quirks

@Quatuor , the Xiaomi motion sensor does not send by design an update when it clears (I have seen this also with AqaraHub)
I think that Xiaomi Gateway has a timeout (2 minutes as I remember), that clears the sensor status.
In my case, zha doesnā€™t update in HA the motion detection status at all.
But the Xiaomi motion sensor is detected by zha and listed in HA.

Does anyone have or know if these motion sensors work yet on HA using a HUSBZB-1 ?
Bosch ISW-ZPR1-WP13

I didnā€™t see anything but wasnā€™t sure if some of the recent updates may have this working now.

It seems that the Xiaomi Door sensor is dissapearing from HA because of this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/app/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 129, in _async_setup_platform
    SLOW_SETUP_MAX_WAIT, loop=hass.loop)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/asyncio/tasks.py", line 358, in wait_for
    return fut.result()
  File "/usr/src/app/homeassistant/components/switch/zha.py", line 27, in async_setup_platform
    await cluster.bind()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/zigpy/device.py", line 89, in request
    expect_reply=expect_reply,
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/bellows/zigbee/application.py", line 241, in request
    v = await send_fut
2018-06-09 16:52:23 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.switch] Error while setting up platform zha
  File "/usr/src/app/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 129, in _async_setup_platform
    SLOW_SETUP_MAX_WAIT, loop=hass.loop)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/asyncio/tasks.py", line 358, in wait_for
    return fut.result()
  File "/usr/src/app/homeassistant/components/switch/zha.py", line 27, in async_setup_platform
    await cluster.bind()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/zigpy/device.py", line 89, in request
    expect_reply=expect_reply,
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/bellows/zigbee/application.py", line 241, in request
    v = await send_fut
2018-06-09 16:52:23 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.binary_sensor] Setting up binary_sensor.zha
2018-06-09 16:52:23 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.light] zha: Error on device update!
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/zigpy/endpoint.py", line 180, in __getattr__
    return self._cluster_attr[name]
KeyError: 'on_off'

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "/usr/src/app/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 244, in _async_add_entity
    await entity.async_device_update(warning=False)
  File "/usr/src/app/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 325, in async_device_update
    yield from self.async_update()
  File "/usr/src/app/homeassistant/components/light/zha.py", line 157, in async_update
    result = await zha.safe_read(self._endpoint.on_off, ['on_off'])
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/zigpy/endpoint.py", line 182, in __getattr__
    raise AttributeError
AttributeError

Any idea why these key and attribute errors related to ā€˜on_offā€™ property?
I am running the latest version of HA, 0.71

1 Like