ZHA Zigbee Tested Devices...Please add your device results

Thanks again - I am just guessing because I have not found any instructions. I have pasted zha_event to event to subscribe to - line and then started to listen. Pressed the button and nothing happens.

If I paste state_changed and start to listen I see a lot of things to happen …

Please tell me what to do and I will …

BTW I just opened a sealed brand new box of a new Xiaomi switch from my shelf, paired and tested and nothing happened with this new one either. And also state does not change to bool.true what happened earlier to all switches - they are now unknown state

One more piece of info - I have very same switch in my deconz/raspbee testbench - once I pairred it - it has never dropped, worked always.

My dream would be using raspbee shield with ZHA environment. Any idea what is the future with deconz ZHA environment? Documentation says it would work - I tested, - it did start and I was able to pair devices, could not do anything with them though ;-(

Let me start by saying thanks for all of your great work.
I do have debug on as that is how I got the log entry that I had in my post.
I tried subscribing to zha_event and do see some entries for some of my other Xiaomi devices but not for the Xiaomi button. So no activity at all in the log file or the event tool.
I have three of these buttons (two that I use for garage door openers) and they were solid in prior releases, as well as zigbee2mqtt and the Xiaomi gateway but not working at all using ZHA in 88.1.
In the past the state would change to bool.true but is now always showing as unknown.
I have removed them and re-paired them several times to no avail.
This is what I see on the ZHA management panel in case it helps

They’re paired right and the quirk is on… I should clarify that homeassistant.core needs to be at debug to see the events. I just tried mine and everything is working… so not sure what the issue is.

I have no insight into zigpy_deconz

i have the same switch and i see no zha_events in my logs either i’m using an zigpy_xbee though

OK thanks! That’s a pitty - I thought this great work of yours would work some day with this Raspbee hardware. The only reason for this is that I do not know any hardware available in Europe right now after they quit with Elelabs. HUSBZB-1 might be illegal because of the zwave frequency.

If anyone knows a suitable hardware in Europe to support David’s work please share that piece of info.

@tosion After trying various other zigbee solutions, a week or two ago I ordered the conbee USB device. It works really well. My tradfri, Xiaomi devices all work and Zha even detects sensors I didn’t know were in the devices. I have a hive active plug that doesn’t work, but I’ve not done any trouble shooting. There are a few bugs in 0.88 but thanks to David these seem resolved. I think there are some underlying problems with zigpy, but the setup works.
The conbee cost about £50 delivered to UK, wish I’d bought it earlier and saved a few months messing with other stuff.

Now I am confused. Are you saying that you use Conbee thru ZHA integration with a deconz component?

David just wrote a bit earlier

I have no insight into zigpy_deconz

My Raspbee should work as Conbee and I tested the same itegration and almost nothing worked? I also will have Conbee and another Raspbee coming from USA in a week or two (Raspbee was not available in Europe)

@tosion Well the underlying zigpy-deconz code that makes the conbee work is supported by a different developer. It’s at a lower level but I didn’t have to install or do anything to make that happen. I have a raspberry pi 3 with hass.io. I plugged the conbee in and added it ZHA through the integrations menu. I did have to update the firmware using another computer first (another pi in my case) this was using software from the manufacturer and was quite straightforward.
Then it just worked.
Edit: I added the Zha integration. Not deconz
Edit 2: I ordered the conbee direct form manufacturer in Germany, took about 5 days.

Thanks for a quick response!

I am confused because I did the very same only difference is Raspbee instead of Conbee. I upgrared the firmware. I have Hass.IO with latest uprades. I did the ZHA integration with Deconz option - it started but testing with I think 5 different devices I did not get good results …

Manufacturer did not sell anymore Raspbee in Europe - might have something to do with this Phoscon Gateway; it at least looks like Raspberry maybe with Raspbee inside. Just guessing?

I see the conbee is now £35 inc delivery on Amazon. I was on 0.87 when I installed and it works very well. v 0.88.x brought a few problems but these have been resolved (I’m now using the dev branch of zha see my post here:

My network consists of: Tradfri bulbs approx. 7; Tradfri control outlets approx. 8; Xiaomi Aqara Motion approx. 8; Xiaomi Aqara door magnetic switch x2.
Zha is working much better for me than the zigbee2mqtt option I tried before.

Thanks!

I am now a bit busy, but I will give this another try when I have time. That would be just great to get working hardware here.

BTW one Conbee and one Raspbee were together 79$ from US - delivered in the suitcase :wink:

The RaspBee and the ConBee are both available from this German shop.

OK, I set core to debug and get this in the log when I press the button.

2019-03-03 07:37:35 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection.140015825214432] Sending {'id': 11, 'type': 'event', 'event': {'event_type': 'state_changed', 'data': {'entity_id': 'zha.zha_lumi_lumi_sensor_switch_aq2_02133f78', 'old_state': <state zha.zha_lumi_lumi_sensor_switch_aq2_02133f78=online; nwk=0x569e, ieee=00:15:8d:00:02:13:3f:78, lqi=254, rssi=-72, battery_size=CR2032, battery_quantity=1, battery_level=100, friendly_name=Office Lamp Button Online @ 2019-03-01T07:14:19.846953-05:00>, 'new_state': <state zha.zha_lumi_lumi_sensor_switch_aq2_02133f78=online; nwk=0x569e, ieee=00:15:8d:00:02:13:3f:78, lqi=254, rssi=-65, battery_size=CR2032, battery_quantity=1, battery_level=100, friendly_name=Office Lamp Button Online @ 2019-03-01T07:14:19.846953-05:00>}, 'origin': 'LOCAL', 'time_fired': datetime.datetime(2019, 3, 3, 12, 37, 35, 23802, tzinfo=<UTC>), 'context': {'id': 'c450c1cf3edf4537ada902cfdb43383e', 'user_id': None}}}
2019-03-03 07:37:35 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection.140015826874152] Sending {'id': 2, 'type': 'event', 'event': {'event_type': 'state_changed', 'data': {'entity_id': 'zha.zha_lumi_lumi_sensor_switch_aq2_02133f78', 'old_state': <state zha.zha_lumi_lumi_sensor_switch_aq2_02133f78=online; nwk=0x569e, ieee=00:15:8d:00:02:13:3f:78, lqi=254, rssi=-72, battery_size=CR2032, battery_quantity=1, battery_level=100, friendly_name=Office Lamp Button Online @ 2019-03-01T07:14:19.846953-05:00>, 'new_state': <state zha.zha_lumi_lumi_sensor_switch_aq2_02133f78=online; nwk=0x569e, ieee=00:15:8d:00:02:13:3f:78, lqi=254, rssi=-65, battery_size=CR2032, battery_quantity=1, battery_level=100, friendly_name=Office Lamp Button Online @ 2019-03-01T07:14:19.846953-05:00>}, 'origin': 'LOCAL', 'time_fired': datetime.datetime(2019, 3, 3, 12, 37, 35, 23802, tzinfo=<UTC>), 'context': {'id': 'c450c1cf3edf4537ada902cfdb43383e', 'user_id': None}}}

Also, no zha_event entries in the new event listener when I press the button.
Also, a binary_sensor entity was not created for this switch when I paired it which I find a bit odd as it is not consistent with the Xiaomi door sensor which does create this and does work. The problem I have with the door sensor is that it works for about a day and then shows as unavailable. I know that this is a different problem.

This looks like you’re pressing the pairing button and not the switch…

Great - looks like they are again available. That was not the case when I placed my order.

I tested the tool with the very same switch with deconz_event:

Event 2 fired 19.55:
{
    "event_type": "deconz_event",
    "data": {
        "id": "smart_switch",
        "event": 1002
    },
    "origin": "REMOTE",
    "time_fired": "2019-03-03T17:55:10.828719+00:00",
    "context": {
        "id": "bebf54d9a1dd48ffbd6deb2309258de7",
        "user_id": null
    }
}
Event 1 fired 19.55:
{
    "event_type": "deconz_event",
    "data": {
        "id": "smart_switch",
        "event": 1004
    },
    "origin": "REMOTE",
    "time_fired": "2019-03-03T17:55:00.330675+00:00",
    "context": {
        "id": "5a64d784e5724068a30cb6ce2b82780b",
        "user_id": null
    }
}

Hi,
Not at all. I am pressing the big, round button and the the pairing button which actuall requires a paper clip through a ting hole. I know that this whole problem doesn’t make sense but it is real.
fyi, I do get zha_event entries with my door switches so I know that the event listener is working ok.
I have previously mentioned that I have removed and repaired all three of these buttons (XIaomi WXKG11LM) to no avail. Do I need to do something else for HA and ZHA to totally delete them?
Again, thanks for you help.

You have a Mija button. It isn’t supported yet. The aqara ones are. I have Mija support on the way. It should be in .90