ZHA Zigbee Tested Devices...Please add your device results

I bet that it’s fixed in dev…

Do you think that the dev version will fix my issues? If so, how do I enable it?
Thanks

the latest image for my platform is: 0.89.0b1 and its not fixed in that version but that was from 3 days ago so will try newer images as they roll out

It won’t be in an image until the beta for .90

Trying to figure out why the Xiaomi buttons do not work for me but for others. Here is a list of my paired devices:

IKEA of Sweden TRADFRI bulb E12 W op/ch 400lm
IKEA of Sweden TRADFRI control outlet
IKEA of Sweden TRADFRI on/off switch
LUMI lumi.sensor_magnet.aq2 - Xiaomi Aqara Door switch - qty 2
LUMI lumi.sensor_motion.aq2 - Xiaomi Aqara RTCGQ11LM Human Motion Sensor - qty 3
LUMI lumi.sensor_switch.aq2 - Xiaomi Aqara WXKG11LM Wireless Button - qty 3
LUMI lumi.weather - Xiaomi Aqara WSDCGQ11LM Temperature Humidity Sensor
LUMI lumi.sensor_smoke - Xiaomi Mijia Honeywell Fire Alarm Detector

These devices are all working except for the wireless button. Some of these devices are not officially supported so could that possibly be causing the problem?
Would it make sense to clear everything out and start with a clean slate?
If so, do I simply remove all of the existing nodes and then re-add them sor do I need to delete the zigbee.db file as well?
thanks

Before you spend a lot of time on this I would suggest trying to run the folder for ZHA from the dev branch as a custom component. If things work like that you just have to wait… (or continue running the custom component)

Thank you for your reply and for your help.
Can you point me in the right direction in how to “run the folder for ZHA from the dev branch as a custom component”?
Do I get the code from the following link? If so, I do not see an option to download the code:
https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/tree/dev/homeassistant/components/zha
Do I put the code in \config\custom_components?
fyi, I am running hass.io in docker / ubuntu.
thanks

If you go to the main page for the repo you can download the whole project in a zip on you computer then unzip it and copy the zha folder over to you custom components folder. I did try it but it didn’t play nice for me it worked to an extent but did have quite a few errors and it stopped the zha control panel from working so I could not ‘reconfigure node’ I didn’t see any zha_events either

Thanks, I got the ZHA custom component working. It fixed the Xiaomi button for me but now the ZHA control panel does not work for me either. Anyways, I think that this is good news as I hope that new HA releases will permanently fix the Xiaomi button.
thanks
ps. How do you use the reconfigure node feature?

I’ve got that exact same issue…
WXKG11LM with my control panel looking like that:

and my logs looking like this, I only have state_changed events, but no zha_events whatsoever. I’m running 0.88.2 in Docker on x86 with a HUSBZB-1 stick.

2019-03-05 20:31:59 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: entity_id=zha.zha_lumi_lumi_sensor_motion_aq2_0204ae63, old_state=<state zha.zha_lumi_lumi_sensor_motion_aq2_0204ae63=online; nwk=0xe1fc, ieee=00:15:8d:00:02:04:ae:63, lqi=254, rssi=-72, battery_size=CR2450, battery_quantity=1, battery_level=100, friendly_name=ZHA Kitchen @ 2019-03-05T20:04:50.239091-05:00>, new_state=<state zha.zha_lumi_lumi_sensor_motion_aq2_0204ae63=online; nwk=0xe1fc, ieee=00:15:8d:00:02:04:ae:63, lqi=255, rssi=-72, battery_size=CR2450, battery_quantity=1, battery_level=100, friendly_name=ZHA Kitchen @ 2019-03-05T20:04:50.239091-05:00>>
1 Like

You can try dev in a custom component as well.

Make sure the device is awake and click the button :slight_smile:

What issue do you have with the control panel? Are there any tracebacks?

If I use it as a custom component the nodes don’t show up in the zha control panel it’s empty like a brand new install before you have paired any devices

Same here with the dev ZHA version, the Nodes dropdown list is empty on the ZHA Network Management panel. No biggie at this point.

I saw this too using dev as a custom component, moved to the .89 beta and it works as expected, so likely an incompatibility between he dev of zha and the .88 and earlier HA.

Does anyone have any solution for me. I have ZHA with Elelabs Zigbee Shield and some Xiaomi temp sensors. They pair fine with the Shield but the connection is lost about 1-3 times in a week. Really annoying when I have to pair the multiple times again and again. And I always have to restart HA before the pairing works again.

ZHA currently seems really unstable with Xiaomi and I am starting to lean on zigbee2mqtt because of this. I have installed HA 0.87 but this has percistent on all previous version and there has been no improvement on this problem with HA updates…

When I try to run the dev branch as a custom component it fails to load the sensor.py

I’m finding very similar results with my HUSBZB-1 and zha, not just with Xiaomi gear though. some Visonic MCT-340 E contact sensors fall offline a lot too as does a centralite plug and a wemo bulb. The network can fail to connect to anything after a HA restart, other times it recovers lost connections on a restart, no rhyme or reason. I am considering moving everything to zigbee2mqtt as I have the CC2531 already. I was trying to simplify / not rely on as many external services/programs.

If you are having devices drop off you likely need a couple devices that act as repeaters.I was having issues with devices dropping but since adding a couple plug in sylvania outlets as recommended earlier in this thread, I have had zero drops.

The only issue I had after that is the fairly common problem of zha locking up requiring a home assistant restart.That I have fixed for the time being by using Yoda’s branch of bellows. That will hopefully be fixed when home assistant starts using their own fork of bellows which I believe will be happening in the not to distant future.

I understand how frustrating zha can be but at the pace its moving I believe it will be stable soon. Unfortunately part of getting to end goal will likely cause some issues and breaking changes along the way.

1 Like