ZHA Zigbee Tested Devices...Please add your device results

The pace of movement on zha has been phenominal! When I was using it a year ago it was so broken. Now I am really starting to see some awesome progress thanks to a few new people.

I have Elelabs Zigbee Shield and in my system I have 8 of these:

Are we talking about same devices - I think these are supported but I am not sure are the other Xiaomi temp sensors supported?

They have bee the most stable devices in my zigbee mesh. The one far away outside even in -25 C has been very stable. I have around 40 devices and for instance 3 Ikea signal repeaters in the system. What kind of values you get as RSSI/LQI for your sensors - are they far away from your coordinator?

Anyone willing to try https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/pull/21866 and provide feedback? You’ll have to take the entire ZHA component from that branch and use it as a custom component.

I have couple of those and couple of the round ones (older?). The round ones actually report battery info also, those do not.

My RSSI is around -50 to -80 on all sensor. And LQI is 255 on all of them.

I just noticed that my iris motion sensors are no longer showing as a device class motion, Also my iris open/close sensors are no longer showing as the proper device class.

They still work, and change from on/off, just the default icons, and state names are default now.

I’m on 89.1

it’s a bug in zigpy from a recent change. It is already being corrected. Hopefully will be in .90

1 Like

How do I try this? Can I just download a zip file to try?

the aqara ones report battery too. The battery % will not show until the device reports it for the first time.

yeah and place the zha folder in custom_components. Apparently another change was added to HA that hasn’t made release yet though. you’ll have to change sensor.py to revert a change that brought in new HA constants.

What is the change that is required to sensor.py?
Also, where do we get this latest code?
thx

i must be doing something wrong as i get errors.
2019-03-09 16:21:13 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom component for zha which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you do experience issues with Home Assistant. 2019-03-09 16:21:30 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom component for zha.binary_sensor which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you do experience issues with Home Assistant. 2019-03-09 16:21:30 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom component for zha.fan which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you do experience issues with Home Assistant. 2019-03-09 16:21:30 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom component for zha.light which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you do experience issues with Home Assistant. 2019-03-09 16:21:30 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] Error loading custom_components.zha.sensor. Make sure all dependencies are installed Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/loader.py", line 166, in _load_file module = importlib.import_module(path) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/importlib/__init__.py", line 127, in import_module return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level) File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1006, in _gcd_import File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 983, in _find_and_load File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 967, in _find_and_load_unlocked File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 677, in _load_unlocked File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap_external>", line 728, in exec_module File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 219, in _call_with_frames_removed File "/config/custom_components/zha/sensor.py", line 11, in <module> from homeassistant.const import ( ImportError: cannot import name 'POWER_WATT' from 'homeassistant.const' (/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/const.py) 2019-03-09 16:21:30 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] Unable to find platform zha. Search path was limited to path of component: custom_components 2019-03-09 16:21:30 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to prepare setup for platform zha.sensor: Platform not found. 2019-03-09 16:21:30 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom component for zha.switch which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you do experience issues with Home Assistant.

That’s the change you have to make that I referenced. All references to “power watt” have to be replaced with the value of that constant from the dev branch and the import has to be removed

I edited the sensor.py file and simply removed any reference to power_watt and restarted HA and no more error msg.
I am using the ZHA folder from the dev branch but I see that it hasn’t been updated for 5 days so I wonder if this is the latest code?
thx
ps. This is what I am using

U need the zha folder from the PR linked in my message

I went there but did not see a download link. How do I download the code?

is now a good time to meantion that even with the dev branch i still get no zha_events.
i do get a switch for my switch.aq2 that turns on with a button press then after that does nothing what so ever

Finally some success got an Xbee, ikea repeater and a cc2531 flashed with router fw all joined To my coordinator. Added a few sensors. Need to spread out the repeaters and work on adding in the rest of my sensors - tomorrow/Monday or my wife will kill me after all the time I’ve spent on this!

that sounds like the quirk isn’t matched… can you give me a screenshot of this device on dev from the ZHA config panel?

this is what i get on the dev branch

i have never seen any zha_event my ikea 5 button remote does not work either, i have only recently added zigbee though, and i never get anything showing on the devices under lqi & rssi

You definitely don’t have dev up to date. There were PR’s that were merged that change what the device identifies as (that’s why I asked for the screenshot) I suggest updating dev and trying again. Also, the 5 button IKEA remote is ZLL and not supported at the moment.