ZHA Zigbee Tested Devices...Please add your device results

Nope, you do need to preserve this file, as it keeps information about all Zigbee devices joined to coordinator.

I don’t know the details about your installation, but zigbee.db file by default is kept in the homeassistant configuration folder, same location as configuration.yaml (unless it was overriden via zha: section in configuration.yaml) and it is not normal for this file to be lost between the updates. Save it somewhere offline between the updates and restore, but you really should find out why the file is deleted.

Thanks for the info. Now I have more ideas of what to look at when I am back at my server.

So another light has become unavailable. I re-paired both outlets with no problem, but they were lost after I re-paired the lights that became unavailable. I’m now afraid to re-pair the light again that something else will go unavailable.

Is there a token or something that Zigbee uses that is getting out of sync? I’m a little confused how a re-pair would just get it active again (aka it remembers all the settings, doesn’t create a new entity, etc…). In other words, if everything is remembered, why doesn’t a power cycle or something bring it back online.

So I finally had time to look into my issue with the zigbee devices disappearing after and update (not restart) and it turns out that for some reason I had set the zigbee db to be something like zigbee_new.db which I couldn’t find on the file system and I suspect that was getting blown away when the docker got updated. I removed that and the zigbee.db that is with all my other configuration files is getting updated now.

I haven’t taken an update since this but I’m hoping the issue is fixed now.

Thanks for all your help.

Anyone have any luck getting lumi.remote.b286acn01 (Aqara 2-button wireless switch, WXKG02LM 2018 rev) working to trigger an automation or anything?

I’ve been searching the forums and I don’t see many using these with ZHA.

I can pair it fine and I see some states change when I press buttons, but I’m not sure if reacting to states is how to go about this (esp if the state text doesn’t actually end up changing, as a result of the same action being done multiple times in a row). Maybe there are events that I’m not seeing (I’m new to this)

Try going to the events developer tool and start up a listener for zha_event. Once you click “Start Listing” try and trigger your button. Data should populate there from what the button sends across. You should be able to use that data to create an automation. If you need additional assistance, feel free to post the data you get here and we can help you out.

1 Like

Thanks. That helped a lot.

I have automations working by listening for zha_event with data like so:

{
“command”: “both_double”,
“device_ieee”: “00:15:8d:00:03:13:65:92”
}

Would be nice if the actual entity_id was used though

Yeah, it is a little bit of a pain point that you need to use the device_ieee, but since you only have to set up the automation once it’s not too bad. You can also get the device_ieee as an attribute on the zha entity.

1 Like

I seem to have to remove the ZHA integration and re-add it, then restart Home Assistant, in order to pair a new device. Have any of you had this issue?

No, but if you are on hassio, then https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/23719 could be applicable.

Is there any consolidated list of known working devices? Or just go backwards through this thread / Trial & Error?

I only have a few zigbee devices currently (mostly due to my previous issues with ZHA not surviving updates) and I’d like to know things are working before I buy them.

Currently I’m in need of a repeater and unsure what device would be best to buy for it.

When a device becomes unavailable is there a preferred method to get it working again? I am seeing this happen more and more. What I have been doing is the following:

1. Factory reset the light bulb

2. Go to ZHA Management and select “Add Device”

After the above procedure the light is immediately recognized correctly using the same entity name etc. I am just concerned that if I am doing something incorrectly it may cause more issues down the line

That seems to be the only method.

I’m having the same issue.
I get everything paired up and working and within a day or two 1 light or switch will drop, then 1 or 2 more. Seems to be random and not the same lights or switches each time.

OK Thanks,

I am trying to prove to my wife that ditching my Wink Hub 2 in favor of HA was a good idea. It isn’t going too well right now lol

Hopefully this is just a software glitch, I have read elsewhere that people have good results with the HUSBZB stick that I am using.

I have a bunch of ikea light bulbs and also the older smartthings outlets which I’m assuming are acting as repeaters as I don’t have any communications issues with my furthest away devices.

Last night I got home and another 2 lights were unavailable, I am not sure what is happening but there seems to be a lot of info online about Zigbee being really unstable in HA. I have had zero issues with my two Z-Wave plugs connected to my HUSBZB stick. I just picked up an Osram Lightify Gateway and a warm A19 bulb on clearance for $39 CDN. I read on another post once the hub is setup and a firmware update is done local control is then supported. It is a simple case of assigning it a static IP and adding 2 lines to the config.yaml

I am going to setup a few bulbs tonight and see if the Zigbee radio is more stable with this device. Maybe this will be the way forward for the time being, I will just use the HUSBZB for Z-Wave.

I am trying to avoid getting home from work and finding my 30 smart bulbs in the garbage lol

1 Like

What hardware are you using to run HA? I was having a lot of issues with zigbee network stability and response times when I was on a RPI 3B+, I recently moved to a desktop computer and run HA in an ubuntu virtual machine. It has been rock solid ever since I made the move.

I am using an HP Elite 8200 Ultra Compact, Quad core i5 4GB RAM & Linux Mint. HA has been rock solid on this pc it is just Zigbee that is unstable

Using the zha component, is it possible to get the link quality of the zigbee devices? Has anyone come up with a way to visualize the zigbee network to determine which router/coordinator the end devices are talking to?

Before I switched from deconz I was able to use vnc to see a network graph with link quality indicated by the color of the lines. Prior to that zigbee2mqtt gave me the actual number for the link quality and a custom component to render the network diagram. I saw a custom component named zha_new that has a tool to create a digraph file, but it tries to reference a table in the zigbee.db that doesn’t exist in the official zha component.

I’m not currently having any issues with my 6-7 zigbee devices, but I also don’t know the health of the network, especially if I want to try to extend it to other areas of the house.

OK so I setup the Osram Hub, updated the firmware then added two of my spare Ecosmart Warm A19 lights and one Ecosmart RGB A19 light. Then added the lines to config.yaml and restarted HA. All 3 lights showed up in the unused entity section. I added them to a test entity card. There is zero lag turning the lights on and off. Changing colour of the RGB bulb is also very quick. I see no difference in the responsiveness between the lights connected to the Osram Hub and the rest of my lights connected to the HUSBZB stick. I have the Osram Hub in the basement family room along with two lights and one light on the 2nd floor in a bedroom.
I am going to see how stable the Osram hub is over the next few days but so far so good

1 Like