ZHA Zigbee Tested Devices...Please add your device results

There is a service that can be leveraged in automations

This is nearly impossible to do well. Many device types can he grouped (lights, switches, plugs, cover devices etc. ) implementations Iā€™ve seen up to this point have everything (meaning the group) represented as a light. Thatā€™s a bad hack IMO. Iā€™m open to suggestions but at this point Iā€™m inclined not to add entities for groups. Iā€™m toying with an idea to make actions available for them similar to device actions in the automation editor but that has challenges too.

1 Like

Hi
I see that in new version HA 0.104 is added ZHA as integration. I have a zigbee radion USB Cc2531 looka like this:
https://www.google.pl/search?sxsrf=ACYBGNTiDiVqT4qJn9q20RtKiXqBvXCfUQ:1579254253135&q=zigbee+cc251+radio&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiNo5LGrIrnAhVswsQBHRCLDygQsAR6BAgKEAE&biw=1920&bih=1057#imgdii=K65FhgjWzuypEM:&imgrc=aMIihK4CVe-wqM:

What raio type i must select to add integration for it ?

100% agree with you. Every other hub device that Iā€™ve dealt with has taken that approach and yeah, itā€™s not a good way to deal with it. Would it be possible to have the end user choose the group type? Perhaps something as simple as a light group and a generic group? The light group would mimic the light group integration and the generic group could just be a simple switch (binary) grouping. Given that (at least imho) most users are going to group basically two types of devices (lights and switches/dimmers), giving the option to be able to select a group type would be a benefit.

Ohhhh, I like that idea. Kind of like how button remotes work today when selecting ā€œDeviceā€?

To be fair, that probably covers 90% of use cases :slight_smile: But I agree, I can see Shades/Covers, Switches and Thermostats be groupable as well. Another dilemma: how do you represent the state of the group? e.g. with a group of three lights,

• light #1 is off
  • light #2 is on

What the ā€œstateā€ of the group should be? It almost like group should be ā€œstatelessā€ AKA a ā€œremoteā€, only in this case HA itself being a ā€œremoteā€ Which I think we probably could do with a custom lovelace card which just calls zha.issue_zigbee_group_command service

2 Likes

Perhaps the easiest approach for the end users would be to create a zha.<group_name>_command service for every enumerated group?

That gets around having to track and report state but it still relatively friendly to use and fits in the existing HA architecture.

Group support is a great step forward!

When I add a remote with multiple endpoints, it seems to add duplicate devices, one for each endpoint. Is there a way to specify which endpoint of the device to bind to the group?

Dose any one know when the climate devices will be supported, e.g. danfoss trv001 as when i add it all i get is a battery status.

Anybody can help me what type radio select when i use USB CC2531 adapter?

Has anyone got the King of Fans zigbee controllers fully working? Mine add and look like they will work but are stuck in a state showing incorrect status and command and status donā€™t work on light on fan.

I have three of these and they work well, they have terrible range though. I almost gave up on the first one for the same issues, then i added a router in the room and it solved my issues.

Thanks, I had them into Hassio via Wink and have moved everything off Wink except these. Tried a remote deConz with no success. Looking again, one controller is working properly via ZHA, it is just one that is giving problems. I may have a spare.

Does anyone have any examples for issue_zigbee_group command to turn on, off or toggle a group of lights? This isnā€™t working as I expected it to:

Dug out what I thought was a spare, but it is toast. Smells of smoke and stays invisible. I bought all three of the controllers at once and have one in service that reports it is a Hampton Bay controller and one that ZHA discovers that reports its a Home Decorators controller. Wink had entries for both. I have moved everything off Wink and also a Hue hub for good measure, but canā€™t get the home Decorators version to complete pairing. Iā€™m using the Integration which does not have the option on quirks which may help. Really donā€™t want to remove the integration and try the config.yaml method but am out of choices.

Try removing manufacturer. I donā€™t think thatā€™s supported ATM.
What do you get in the logs?

Iā€™ll grab logs tomorrow. Adding the device has a line where it is skipping initialization of existing device. I did remove device and then restarted hassio. I added device three times and got progressively more returns but it now doesnā€™t finish and expose a device. Itā€™s like the permit is not long enough

Taking out the manufacturer makes it work as expected! :grinning:

Tried setting up a new zigbee group, and the UI never reported success (just spinning progress circle) and then the entities were added to my single existing group.

I saw someone else report the same thing, but now I canā€™t find the issue.

Can anyone else replicate the issue? Running 0.104.2

1. Make a new Zigbee group (so you have at least one)
  2. Create a second group (see if UI reports success)
  3. Check if second group was created
  4. Check first zigbee group to see if it had the entities added from the second group
1 Like

Isnā€™t that what it is supposed to be? What else are you looking for it to show up as?