ZHA Zigbee Tested Devices...Please add your device results

Just tried that, but does not make a difference for me

Just bought 4 more of the Sengled bulbs.
I have recessed lights so I got more of the BR30 version.
Only $35.99 US for a 3 pack of them.

With Zigbee because its mesh they seam to work better the more you add

The great thing with these is they are easy to reset just turn off/on fast
10 times and they will flash which lets you know they are reset.
Also when you pair them they flash when connected unlike the Cree
which you have no idea if the pairing worked.

I bought one Cree, Hue, Ikea and these have worked better than the others

To pair them goto services pick ZHA and then Permit click call service
and then turn the light on.

1 Like

At first I was trying to pair from about 15-20 feet away. I eventually moved within about 10 feet and thatā€™s when I magically got 1 of the bulbs to pair (incorrectly) as a switch. I then setup a lamp directly next to my Hass box and tried pairing another 10-15 times with no luck.

Edit: I just remembered something. I started out trying to pair 2 bulbs at the same time. After 10 or so failed attempts I decided to try 1 bulb and THATā€™S when I got it to pair as a switch. I thought, ā€œWow, Iā€™m dumb.ā€ Went to bed and tried to do the second bulb the next day but couldnā€™t get it to pair.

Ive purchased this stick from digikey. Its based on the EM357.

So far I havent had much luck. Home assistant appears to hang on startup trying to initialise the stick (I assume). Its a minefield trying to determine whether Ive got the right firmware. If I dont, from all my reading so far, I might need the dev kit to flash the firmware, and thats expensive and overkill.

@rklomp can you help with the software you used to flash your firmware?

Did you get the $12 bulbs or the $18 bulbs that allow you to change the white color temperature? I believe the bulbs that @wixoff paired successfully are the $12 non-color temp bulbs. The bulbs I had nothing but trouble with were the $18 color temp ones.

To upgrade any EM35x based device use the following URLs.

Upgrade guide: https://www.silabs.com/documents/public/user-guides/UG228.pdf
Terminal software https://www.silabs.com/documents/login/software/telegesis-terminal-setup.exe
Package containing firmware: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/yqyunjie/Zigbee-Project/master/software/STACK/ember-stack-Z5.0.0.0-em35x-ezsp-dev.exe

I used this image file from the package
EmberZNet5.0.0-GA\EM35x-EZSP\build\em35x-ezsp-images\EM357\em357-ncp-uart-xon-xoff-use-with-serial-uart-bl-500.s37

@rklomp Thankyou very much for information. That is the most concise summary Ive seen and I spent a lot of time looking yesterday.

I followed those instructions and got the driver installed and telegesis terminal installed. It connects to the stick fine, but Im seeing the same issue that I saw previously, in that I get no bootloader prompt and any commands sent donā€™t do anything. I can only guess that the stick Ive purchased does not come with firmware that has the correct bootloader installed. I did read yesterday that this can be the case, and that an ISA3 is needed in this scenario which is a real shame as it costs 3-4x as much as the stick.

If youā€™ve any further suggestions Im very open, but I think Ive wasted my money on this one.

BTW, 2 of your links above have a 2 at the end that shouldnt be there.

The bulbs I have are color temp ones, so that is probably the difference. After trying a bunch of times, I was able to get them to pair as switches like you were originally. I canā€™t control the brightness or the color temp, but Iā€™m okay with that since the bulbs are over the stairs and the mood settings arenā€™t really important. At least they are e12 bulbs, so I donā€™t have to change the light fixtures.

You can control the color temparature and brightness level if you change the device_id in the zigbee sqlite db.
The author of bellows mentioned that in his pull request: the IKEA bulbs indentify themselfs as Zigbee Home Automation (ZHA) instead of Zigbee Light Link (ZLL) and use an (not existing?) device id.

You can either hack into the bellows constants (https://github.com/rcloran/bellows/blob/master/bellows/zigbee/profiles/zha.py) or change the id in endpoints table of your zigbee.db (might get overwritten at some point).

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up. Iā€™ll give that a shot some time this week and report back.

EDIT - edited the zigbee.db tonight (decimal value for COLOR_DIMMABLE_LIGHT is 258 if you were curious), and the bulbs are fully functional now! Thanks a bunch TFA.

How did you edit the zigbee.db file? I opened the sqlite db using a db browser. I only have one line in the devices table. The rest of the db is empty. Is it missing something or did you add a new line in the endpoint table?

I used sqlite admin on windows.
You should have the following tables:

sqlite> .tables
attributes       devices          output_clusters     clusters         endpoints

You would have to change the device_id in table endpoints.
But it looks like this change will be overwritten at some point (restart maybe).

I think iā€™ll return the IKEA bulbs as for me it does not seem worth the effort hacking into things to get the light working occationally.

There may be an firmware update for the bulbs, but i donā€™t plan to buy the ikea hub just to update my lamps (if you would have said this sentance 10 years ago, everbody would called you crazy :smile:)

I used DB Browser as well, and yes, my endpoints table already had entries for the IKEA bulbs. I believe the incorrect device_type (or device_idā€¦ canā€™t remember which it was and Iā€™m at work now) their endpoint entries had was 544. Unlike TFA, so far the change is holding for me with multiple reboots.

Has anyone had any luck with Zigbee smart plugs? I see that the first gen IRIS plugs didnā€™t work, and I ordered a 45853GE plug to use as a zigbee repeater instead. In the description, it says it works with ā€œSmartThings, Time Warner Intelligent Home, Cox Home Security, Rogers Smart Home Monitoring, PEQ, Bright House Home Security and Control, Comporium Ready Home, and Logitech Harmony Home Hub Extenderā€ and also that it is ā€œHA 1.2 Home Automation Certified.ā€ Any ideas if it will work with Home Assistant?

For what itā€™s worth, the next gen Iris plugs (the square bulky ones, not the WiFi switches) do work. If you can manage to get their internal ZW slave to pair as well, now youā€™ve got a repeater for both, and cheaply.

Iā€™ve gotten the next gen Iris plugs to pair for On/Off but not energy monitoring. When you say that they do work, does that mean you have both parts working for you? Wondering what Iā€™ve done differently if so!

I read a while back that the IRIS 2 plugs werenā€™t working even in SmartThings without a hack, but it looks like that was old or incorrect info. Thankfully, I think I am already good on Z-wave repeaters, and I like that the 45853GE has two plugs, one that is always on and the smart plug.

For the 45853GE, the on/off functionality and repeater capabilities are working in HomeAssistant. However, it registers as a light, so the energy monitoring functionality isnā€™t working.

zha is still pretty primitive and only implements a handful of things ā€“ we donā€™t even have battery level reporting yet.

If energy monitoring is important and you already have a zwave setup, have a peek at Aeotecā€™s new smart plug.

1 Like

I just got a Sengled Element paired with Home Assistant, via a Linear HUSBZB-1 Z-wave/zigbee usb dongle. I had a bit of trouble, but the key for me was resetting the bulb. It was part of a 2 pack + hub, and it turns out they were prepaired with the packaged hub.

You reset the bulb by turning it off and on 10 times quickly. It flashes to let you know itā€™s reset. I then issued the ā€œpermitā€ call in HA and the bulb paired within a few seconds. I can control brightness as well as on/off.

As I mentioned already in another thread, German users can buy the Long Range variant ETRX357USB-LRS+8M of the stick at ā€œhttp://de.farnell.com/telegesis/etrx357usb-lrs-8m/zigbee-transceiver-modul-2-4ghz/dp/2442934ā€ for less than 50 ā‚¬, including shipping.