ZHA Zigbee Tested Devices...Please add your device results

Visonic MCT-340 E
Does anyone have this sensor working all of the time.
If I watch the sensor it will display temp for a second or 2 randomly
with no pattern but never stays on.

I currently have one MCT-340 E door/window sensor working in HA. I installed it while on 0.47.1 and recently upgraded to 0.50.2 this week. It reports open/close and temp consistently (see screen capture above). The only issue with reporting I see is sometimes the temp reports out to many digits, as seen in the screen shot above. Otherwise seems to be working correctly.

My concern is the log errors I am receiving. I just created an issue for it as I didnā€™t receive any response in my forum posting -> https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/8822
No idea why I am getting these. I was asuming they were going to be corrected in 0.50.2 with the bellows update.

NYCE NCZ-3043-HA Ceiling Motion Sensor - NOT WORKING
Device starts to communicate and shows up in HA, but either doesnā€™t fully complete the pairing process or immediately leaves the network as the LED on the device goes back to indicating ā€œsearching for networkā€ right after indicating ā€œdevice being configured.ā€ Referring to LED codes from manual.

I didnā€™t see any errors in the log - if thereā€™s somewhere else I can pull data from to help troubleshoot please let me know.

Sengled Element Classic bulbs work great.

Pairs easily and all 4 have worked perfectly

Relatively inexpensive @ 4 for $40.00

I wasnā€™t able to get the Tradfri E26 color temperature bulbs from IKEA to work right. The bulb shows up as ā€œswitch.ikea_of_sweden_tradfri_bulb_e26_ws_opal_980lm_xxxxxxxx_1ā€ and I can only turn it on/off - no dimming or color temp controls. Is there a way to tell HA that itā€™s a light, not a switch?

Ecosmart A19 Smart bulbs from Home Depot Canada work fine. I have both RGB and white bulbs. They are very cheap! 27$CA for RGB and 22$CA for white (can change the ā€œtemperatureā€). They also have cheaper white bulbs with fixed color temperature (at 15$ I think).

Canā€™t compare with Philips Hue, I didnā€™t tried them when I found the Ecosmart bulbs (50$ for a bulb, seriously Philips!?).

EDIT: well, they are not perfect. They seem to randomly miss commands from hass (light will not always turn on/off as requested) or they do the action but the ā€œconfirmationā€ is not received by hass. Donā€™t know if the problem is the bulbs and/or the usb controller. Bulbs are my only zigbee devices. Any idea? Should I open a dedicated thread about that?

How far are they from the usb controller? If they are not in the same room, try moving them closer, at least temporarily for testing.

I have lights in most of my rooms. Lights in the same room as the controller seem to always work fine. The farthest ones are the ones that miss more often, but even lights in the next room fail from time to time.

But the distance between the lights and the controller should not matterā€¦ zigbee is a mesh networkā€¦

I found somewhere that zigbee devices doesnā€™t look for better parent node once they found one, even if the signal is weak and there is a better one added later on the network, unless their parent node is unresponding. So, I stopped my rpi and restarted every bulbs. Then I started my pi. I did this to force the devices to look for the better zigbee nodes. I think this helped, the miss rate seem a lot better since, but I will need more time to confirm if this is ok or not.

While I searched about that, I read about zigbee channels (like wifi channels). It was suggested to switch the zigbee channel to another one if the current channel is overused. Is it possible to do that with the GoControl stick?

Thanks.

Sorry, that was a misunderstanding on my part ā€“ when you said bulbs were your only zigbee devices I incorrectly read that as these bulbs were your only zigbee devices.

If you already have a mesh going with other devices that are having no issues, then I agree with your approach. Try to force the mesh to reconfigure itself by leaving some of the nodes turned hard-off, then turn them back on again.

You were right, all my bulbs are ecosmart bulbs. No other zigbee devices except the USB controller itself.

not sure if this will help anyone get the Bosch motion sensors working but there are instructions on the MyDigitalDiscount site for getting them working in SmartThings.

Here is a link to the code that you need to put into the SmartThings API to get them to connect:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/tomasaxerot/SmartThings/master/devicetypes/tomasaxerot/bosch-motion-detector.src/bosch-motion-detector.groovy

Just reporting Osram bulbs that I tested.
The Osram color bulbs work well. The non color bulbs are very buggy. They will turn on then not be able to turn off. Also it keeps changing its mind as to weather they are color bulbs or not. I am using the USB zigbee stick. The non-color bulbs work fine if I use them through the Osram hub.

Did you have to do anything special to get them added to HA? I got some e12 IKEA bulbs, and just calling zha:permit isnā€™t working for me.

Tradfri e12 - unable to get the bulbs to pair. I receive the following warnings when attempting to pair.

[bellows.zigbee.application] Message on unknown device 0x6c21
2017-08-17 00:17:53 WARNING (MainThread) [bellows.zigbee.application] Unexpected message send notification
2017-08-17 00:17:53 WARNING (MainThread) [bellows.zigbee.application] Unexpected message send notification
2017-08-17 00:17:54 WARNING (MainThread) [bellows.zigbee.application] Message on unknown device 0x6c21
2017-08-17 00:17:54 WARNING (MainThread) [bellows.zigbee.application] Unexpected message send notification
2017-08-17 00:17:54 WARNING (MainThread) [bellows.zigbee.application] Unexpected message send notification
2017-08-17 00:18:07 WARNING (MainThread) [bellows.zigbee.device] [0x8c09] Failed ZDO request during device initialization: ('Endpoint request failed: %s', [129, 51609, []])

Edit - My current config is HomeAssistant 0.51.1 on a pi3 with a Linear HUSBZB-1 stick.

1 Like

I am running HomeAssistant 0.51.2 on a bare metal Archlinux box, installed in Docker using Hassio with a Nortek HUSBZB-1.

Iā€™m using the Bosch Security Motion Sensor PIR and like others have reported, itā€™s not working. I get the following entity already exists error every time I permit new ZHA devices:

2017-08-16 20:10:19 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/asyncio/tasks.py", line 179, in _step
    result = coro.send(None)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py", line 381, in async_process_entity
    new_entity, self, update_before_add=update_before_add
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py", line 228, in async_add_entity
    'Entity id already exists: {}'.format(entity.entity_id))
homeassistant.exceptions.HomeAssistantError: Entity id already exists: binary_sensor.bosch_iswzpr1wp13_b44d65e0_5

ā€“

Iā€™m also using multiple Visonic MCT-340 E Wireless Door sensors. These work great. Beyond the intial confusion, since the friendly name is always the same, I was able to get these rolling real quick. The opening sensor is rapid, but the temperature and battery data is not available.

Unfortunately, I donā€™t have any clue why one of the bulbs eventually connected as a switch. But since that wasnā€™t quite right, I deleted the zigbee.db and started over, hoping I could get it to pair correctly. I was never able to get either bulb to pair again. I tried about 30-40 times. I always turned on/off 6 times and waited for the flash. Very strange that 1 of those times was different than the others. I eventually gave up and returned them.

1 Like

Maybe some good news for all European / German users:

I purchased the following USB stick from digikey(.de) and it is recognised by bellows and the zha implementation:

https://www.digikey.de/product-detail/de/silicon-labs/RD-0002-0201/336-3333-ND/5399115

Price was 67.82ā‚¬ with UPS shipping from the US. Iā€™ll try to connect my tradfri lamps and keep you updated.

The ETRX357USB should also work. At least it is recognised by bellows and the zha implementation, but I have not been able to pair my Ikea lamp yet.
https://www.digikey.de/products/de?keywords=ETRX357USB

For more info:

Over at the SmartThings forums, a lot of the instructions say that the hub should be right next to the bulb when pairing. Could that have been the difference? I havenā€™t tried getting the bulb closer since it would be a bit of a pain, but I may give it a shot tonight.

I was having a hard time getting my Tradfri bulbs to pair. Did you have to do anything special to get your IKEA bulb working?