ZHA Zigbee Tested Devices...Please add your device results

Ah, and don’t put 127 in the manufacturer override field. leave that one empty. Put 127 in the “value” field instead of 123 and press “set attribute”.

I’ve already tried changing the value in both the regular ‘value’ and ‘manufacturer override’ field, but ‘get zigbee attribute’ keeps returning the old value.

I’ve tried this for both config_status and window_covering_mode, since they both have a reversed-setting.

I’m using a CC2531 with ZHA. I have a few Aqara devices and smartthings working(passably)

I just added a sengled E11-N1EA. Now correct me if I’m wrong should this work as a router/extender?

In device management it says Device Type:EndDevice . I’m new to Zigbee so I may be off but I thought most mains powered devices would extend the network?

I added 10 hue bulbs to my setup a few weeks back and have had quite a few stability stability issues and lag since. Are there other issues with the hue bulbs I should be aware of? Or should I have just gone with the IKEA ones instead?

Sengled bulbs do not act as zigbee repeaters/routers.

It would appear that after the 108 update hue bulbs now do some kind of attribute report or poll? I’m talking ZHA to hue bulb not bridge.

Before if the bulb was turned on outside of HA like a power cycle HA would just show bulb as off even though it’s on.

Now it will eventually update its state seems to be up to around 5 minutes and the bulbs will then show it’s correct state including brightness.

The new ZHA groups is nice now get an entity for the group however because this update takes so long at least on hue bulbs the switch shows the wrong state for up to 5 minutes so not the best.

If you want to use ZHA groups try 108.1. I have some Hue bulbs in a ZHA group and they seem to update in the UI faster than the same bulbs in the light group integration.

1 Like

unfortunately whilst the switch doesnt seem to turn on then off as fast it still does it the hue bulbs are not updating status quickly enough so after about 30 seconds the switch turns off because the bulbs show off in HA.

it would probably work great with bulbs that report their state correctly but im not sure of many that do.

Im not sure why this couldn’t be fixed in software though it know what bulbs are in the group whilst turning the group on it need to set the light states to match that are in that group then it will stay in sync.

A PR# 33017 recently went into zha to poll hue bulbs more often.

Says to poll every 5 minutes which is happening now mine update after 5 minutes.

need to be be polled a lot faster than this to use the groups feature gonna needs like 5 seconds or something.

Meh, just use the bulbs which do proper attr reports

Yeah, saturate you network with polling traffic. Just use HUE in this case.

That’s what I ended up doing. Going back to Hue hub for my hue bulbs. A lot of people like myself got into Hue in the early days and have a decent investment in the bulbs. I see the comment from time to time, use bulbs with proper reporting, but for me and many others that would be throwing away hundreds of dollars of lighting, bulbs and light strips. Anyway, the hue intergration works much better these days, so it’s not that big of a deal. That’s the beauty of HA. :slight_smile: I still have a lot of ZHA entities, and am still amazed at how far it’s come in the past year. groups is a big one. Great work

Out of curiosity. Do you guys know for fact that Philips relies on polling and therefore has a very busy/chatty zigbee network compared to ZHA and I would therefore assume tradfri? Is it not relying on some other mechanisms/proprietary endpoints to report status?
I was looking to consolidate into a single network but this would make me gradually get rid of all the hue bulbs altogether if this was the case.

Has anyone successfully bound a dimmer switch to a ZHA group of lights? I have tried with both a Hue standard dimmer switch and one of the Lutron Auroras, but it doesn’t seem to do anything. Here is what I’m doing.

1. Add the device to my network (successfully)
  2. Goto Config->ZHA->New Dimmer switch
  3. Under “Group Binding” I select the relevant group, in this case “Living Room Lights”
  4. I then select “OnOff” and “LevelControl”
  5. Click “Bind Group”

I don’t really get any feedback one way or the other whether it did anything, and pushing the buttons on the remote doesn’t do anything. Is there a step I’m missing somewhere? I didn’t see any documentation on the feature. I am using a ConBee II if it matters.

I had a hue remote still in the box, I just pulled it out and tried to pair it to a group as well. The debug log shows that it’s binding table is full:

2020-04-14 23:49:05 DEBUG (MainThread) [zigpy.zdo] [0x195f:zdo] 0x195f: Bind_req 00:17:88:01:08:07:c3:5b, ep: 1, cluster: 6 to group: 0x0001 completed: [<Status.TABLE_FULL: 140>]

in the z2m docs it mentions it unbinding it from the coordinator before binding it bulbs. not sure how to do that in zha yet. I pinged zha dev on discord about this so will update if I figure it out.

Cool, thanks for giving it a shot and I’m interested in what you hear back. I also had a Lutron Connected Bulb Remote laying around so I just tried that. Interestingly, it works perfectly. I noticed the cluster names are different in the Group Binding list - LevelControlGroupCluster (Connected Bulb Remote) vs LevelControl (Hue Dimmer) and OnOffGroupCluster vs OnOff. I’m guessing that has something to do with it, but I’m not sure what I’d need to change. I’d really love to get the Hue dimmer and especially the Lutron Aurora working in the same manner.

Pics from the connected bulb remote setup for comparison:

I have some of the connected bulb remotes as well (just got them recently). They create a group containing just the coordinator when you join them and you can just add lights to the group it creates and they will work with the remote.

Interesting. I didn’t do that here though, I just bound them to my existing lightgroup in ZHA. Now I just need to figure out how to get the Aurora and Hue dimmer working like the connected bulb remote.

Any ideas @dmulcahey ?

The Lutron Aurora is weird I have 2 of them but they are in use and bound to just a single bulb. I got them right after they came out - I had to re-pair one recently, and looked at the manual online and it had a whole section about pairing to no hue hubs, and different procedures based on manufacture date (there was a FW update) mine were pre update and it said to remove the battery after pairing and replace. When I did that it would not join to a bulb. Reset, and re-paired it without removing the battery and it worked fine.