Zigbee 3A Smart Home Smart Dimmer Switches Not Updating Status

I’m using 3A Smart Home Smart Dimmer Switches along with a Elelabs Zigbee Shield on a Raspberry Pi running hass.io, and using the ZHA Component.

Can anyone help me understand why the switches don’t report their status back when physically switched? How can I investigate this further & find a solution?

Furthermore, if I try to adjust their brightness in hass.io, the switch crashes and requires restart.

I’m not sure but I have a bunch of dimmers and light switches which seem to operate fine with a Conbee II and Deconz.

Previously I used ZHA with a husbzb-1 but it seemed to give some weird errors which congested the zigbee network.

I am using Conbee II and have exact same issue with 3A 4Gang (https://3asmarthome.com/zigbee-scene-switch). I can turn the switch on and off in HA but there is no status send when switch is manually turned on or off.

I don’t have any issue with 3A 3Gang.

NUE 3A 4Gang is detected as FB56+ZSW1JKJ2.7 by Feibit Inc co.
NUE 3A 3Gang is detected as LXN-3S27LX1.0 by 3A Smart Home DE

Did further investigation. 4Gang doesn’t seem sending status feedback (in contrary to their product description).

[55724:16:0x0006]: executed 'on' command with args: '()' kwargs: '{}' result: [1, <Status.SUCCESS: 0>]
[55724:16:0x0006]: executed 'off' command with args: '()' kwargs: '{}' result: [0, <Status.SUCCESS: 0>]

Whereas 3Gang sends the status feedback

[0x8fd5:2:0x0006]: executed 'on' command with args: '()' kwargs: '{}' result: [1, <Status.SUCCESS: 0>]
light.3a_smart_home_de_lxn_3s27lx1_0_level_on_off_2: turned on: {'on_off': [1, <Status.SUCCESS: 0>]}
[0x8fd5:2:0x0006] ZCL deserialize: <ZCLHeader frame_control=<FrameControl frame_type=GLOBAL_COMMAND manufacturer_specific=False is_reply=True disable_default_response=True> manufacturer=None tsn=185 command_id=Command.Default_Response>
[0x8fd5:2:0x0006]: executed 'off' command with args: '()' kwargs: '{}' result: [0, <Status.SUCCESS: 0>]
light.3a_smart_home_de_lxn_3s27lx1_0_level_on_off_2: turned off: [0, <Status.SUCCESS: 0>]

Looks like it might be a problem with DCONZ or whatever software is talking to the Conbee. I just looked at the zigbee2mqtt code (which I use) and that zigbeeModel is listed as as a Nue / 3A product.

I’ve ordered another zigbee device which I am planning to use it with zigbee2mqtt. I would then be able to verify this. Also got this response from 3A vendor:

“The 4 gang switch is a ZigBee ZHA device, not the ZigBee 3.0 one like the 3 gang switch. We did not test it with Conbeell by ourselves.”