Zigbee blinds displays backwards frontend

I am not sure if this is frontend or zigbee/zha related.

I have some zigbee blinds, the card for the blinds is always backwards (says open when it’s closed and vice versa).

In the attached screenshot, the blinds are up/open. The card says they are down/closed. So, it only allows me to click the up button; but since the blinds are already up, it doesn’t do anything. I can’t click the down button because it’s grayed out since the system thinks it’s already down/closed. Further, if I move the blue dot for the blinds location 1/4 inch from the left, the blinds start moving but the blue dot moves 1/4 inch from the right (the opposite side that I moved the indicator, and the blinds do move to the opposite state). If I put the blinds half way open and half way closed, I can then click either the up or down button, but the blinds do opposite of what the button indicates.

Is there anyway to reverse the blinds status in HA so it matches the actual status of the blinds?

1 Like

Are you using Zigbee2mqtt or ZHA?

I use Zha.

1 Like

Someone else is going to have to help you then. I only know how to invert states with zigbee2mqtt. Hopefully it wont require a template cover.

You’re not alone @deepsix , I have the same issue - I have a bunch of Graywind shades that appear as “yooksmart” devices when I connect them in HA. The shades internally have a configuration that lets you swap the direction. This lets you choose between having the shade descend from the outside or inside of the roller (side closer to the window or towards the room). So maybe that has something to do with it? We probably need some way to signal to HASS that the direction is swapped.

There might be a way to work around the issue with a template cover (as discussed here).

With Zigbee2MQTT there appears to be an option (discussed here) that might be what we need, but I haven’t been able to find anything similar for ZHA.

Did you get this sorted? I have the same issue.

I’m also having this issue. If anyone has code pointers for where I might need to dig around in the ZHA code to add this feature, I’d be happy to take a look. I haven’t had any luck just from poking around on GitHub though.

I think what’s really needed is a software-level “invert” flag, independent of the product’s “motor direction”. For my zemismart roller blinds, which work with Tuya, a “motor direction” attribute is exposed in both Home Assistant and in the Tuya app. If I set it to the direction that works inside the Tuya app, then the Home Assistant shades run in the wrong direction. And vice-versa; so the motor direction alone is not enough to get this right.

2 Likes