Zigbee2MQTT Cover Options

I’m using a Tuya cover device and the open/closed and buttons seem to be reversed in HA.

I’m trying to change these options but can’t seem to get it working…am I doing it correctly?

In /config/zigbee2mqtt/devices.yaml I have…

'0x5c0272fffec2094c':
  friendly_name: James Blind
  device_options:
    invert_cover: true
    reverse_direction: true

But no matter the options I set, nothing seems to change.

Hi,

I had the same issue with an Ikea blind, the “invert_cover: true” option did not work. I even opened a new bug on github. Strangely it suddenly started working. (maybe I did a reboot?). I spent hours trying to get it to work.

I later bought 3 more of the same blinds and they worked correctly (ie I did not need to invert them) so I deleted the origional one from Z2M and repaired it and it also worked correctly.

So…have you tried a complete reboot? Also might be worth a re-pair.

Simon

Cheers for you input. Whilst it didn’t directly fix it, it gave me the impetus to try a few things out.
I removed the devices and started from scratch. One thing I also tried was reversing the direction on the actual device I had, something you could change with a couple of button presses.

After I tried that and fiddled with a few options in the code I ended up with this…

'0x5c0272fffec2094c':
  friendly_name: James Blind
  device_options: null
'0x5c0272fffec20932':
  friendly_name: Bedroom Blind

Now my blinds work by their supplied remotes the correct way, as well as the buttons on the actual devices and also now in HA, showing the correct position and open/closed states.

OK, so totally solved this now if anybody else is having issues. I bought some more blind motors, used the code as I had it above and some worked and some didn’t. After some experimenting and more reading around, the final bit of code should be…

'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx':
  friendly_name: Lounge Blind
  device_options: { invert_cover: true }

Now all 5 of my blinds are working correctly.

with zigbee2mqtt 1.22.0-2 you can invert covert with setting (specific)

Hi
i’m stuck right at this point now - i just updated z2mqtt and all the homeassistant os files to latest versions and my blinds are now backwards reporting ?

I tried settings (specific) in zqmtt but nothing happens, any other suggestions?

Thanks