Zigbee Connectivity in my house sucks šŸ˜¢

Yuk, ok.

I deleted the ZHA integration, removed the zigbee.db, attached the SkyConnect dingle, added the ZHA integration again and started from scratch.

I looked into the config and it has channel 25 auto selected.

I will then add all power outlets tomorrow and go from there.

It wasnā€™t working again with the 7 outlets that I have. After the 5th, all devices are not showing after two days. I started over again and will add 1 after another, leaving 1 day in betweenā€¦ I hate bug fixing

Hey, I live in a home that nothing pass the walls, I had also many problems even with wifi,with the need to put several extenders everywhere to be able to have internet in the house + with the problem that the house is rented and I canā€™t put cables everywhere.

And when I started with Zigbee, of course the same problem + I wanted to monitor the gate (that is around 50mtrs from the house) when is open or closed to be sure that is closed before open the door to let the ā€œbeastsā€ go out (6 dogs, 3 chihuahuas, 1 pekines, and 2 datschunds).

Tried many plugs, put bulbs everywhere, but at the end, who resolved the issue in a perfect way was this extender Aeotec Zesilovač Zigbee signĆ”lu - AEOTEC Range Extender Zi (ZGA001-C15) | MALL.CZ . Also I donā€™t have houses close to me, then the wifi channel problem was never a problem for me, anyway the walls looks like are made to protect you from a nuclear war.

Now whit this, I reach every spot in my house and garden.

Thanks for the hint. Added to amazon cart!

So, I did a lot of further research and ordered several same-brand outlets that I read were good (German Lidl silver crest).

Still, after it was working great for two days, connection between basement and ground floor broke and never came back no matter what I do.

Iā€™ll attach a pic of the last outlet that works (basement) and the nearest one on ground level, which is also the first one on the way that doesnā€™t work:

Iā€™m really lost why this should no work. Itā€™s like 4m, no walls in between, that hip-high wall is ordinary stones. Lots of airā€¦

Is there any way how I could add a second coordinator, located on ground floor, that regulates that floor?

I probably donā€™t know, I can share my experience.
I use zigbee2mqtt. I have several smart outlets and plugs. All of them are with electricity monitoring and those never ever did fall off the network. They are tuya based but no issue. I have also thick walls and large house. The ones that can fall of are some older smart plugs without electricity monitoring.
Maybe try to adjust antenna direction on coordinatorā€¦
It sucks when it doesnt work, I know.

Ugh, I feel so stupid, once more ā€¦

I saw this error message and for the first time did not click it away, but copied it and searched for it:

Failed to send request: Failed to enqueue message after 3 attempts: <EmberStatus.MAX_MESSAGE_LIMIT_REACHED: 114>
EmberStatus.DELIVERY_FAILED: 102

It seems that many people had the same issue before me, but only recently (1-9 months ago):

People are reporting the same error again and again, but no one has a fix.
Broadcast appears to be an issue, but itā€™s disabled in my case.

They are all reporting that itā€™s ZHA + SkyConnect stick. Z2M and Deconz are said to behave normally.
For many of them, reloading ZHA helps for some time.

I donā€™t know what to do either.

Isnā€™t that just the message you get when a Zigbee device is unavailable? I get a bunch of those too sometimes, even though my zigbee network works very well. I do have a light that is Zigbee, but connected to a dumb switch, so when itā€™s powered off it cannot be reached I sort of assume that causes this message. In any case I have no problems with Zigbee connectivity but I do see this message. I have Sonoff E dongle, not Skyconnect
In Z2M, coordinators with the embernet stack are not (fully) supported, so itā€™s not surprising they donā€™t see this message. I donā€™t know about conbee.

I looked into the HA logs and they say:

2024-02-17 20:23:54.959 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection] [546147140800] Failed to send request: Failed to deliver message: <EmberStatus.DELIVERY_FAILED: 102>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/core/cluster_handlers/__init__.py", line 64, in wrap_zigpy_exceptions
    yield
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/core/cluster_handlers/__init__.py", line 84, in wrapper
    return await RETRYABLE_REQUEST_DECORATOR(func)(*args, **kwargs)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/zigpy/util.py", line 131, in retry
    return await func()
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/zigpy/quirks/__init__.py", line 199, in command
    return await self.request(
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/zigpy/zcl/__init__.py", line 377, in request
    return await self._endpoint.request(
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/zigpy/endpoint.py", line 253, in request
    return await self.device.request(
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/zigpy/device.py", line 323, in request
    await send_request()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/zigpy/application.py", line 833, in request
    await self.send_packet(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/bellows/zigbee/application.py", line 931, in send_packet
    raise zigpy.exceptions.DeliveryError(
zigpy.exceptions.DeliveryError: Failed to deliver message: <EmberStatus.DELIVERY_FAILED: 102>

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py", line 238, in handle_call_service
    response = await hass.services.async_call(
               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 2149, in async_call
    response_data = await coro
                    ^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 2186, in _execute_service
    return await target(service_call)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py", line 272, in handle_service
    return await service.entity_service_call(
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 882, in entity_service_call
    single_response = await _handle_entity_call(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 952, in _handle_entity_call
    result = await task
             ^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/switch.py", line 89, in async_turn_on
    await self._on_off_cluster_handler.turn_on()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/core/cluster_handlers/general.py", line 373, in turn_on
    result = await self.on()
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/core/cluster_handlers/__init__.py", line 83, in wrapper
    with wrap_zigpy_exceptions():
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/contextlib.py", line 155, in __exit__
    self.gen.throw(typ, value, traceback)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/core/cluster_handlers/__init__.py", line 75, in wrap_zigpy_exceptions
    raise HomeAssistantError(message) from exc
homeassistant.exceptions.HomeAssistantError: Failed to send request: Failed to deliver message: <EmberStatus.DELIVERY_FAILED: 102>