Zigbee Firmware Update Failed

Light Firmware Update failed. It shows:

Installed version: 0x00102100
Latest version: 0x00102428

I click on INSTALL and get:

Failed to call service update/install. Update was not successful - result: <Status.FAILURE: 1>

Screenshot from 2024-02-09 12:33:40

Note: As I was creating this post the update is disapeared.

Note2: I think I accidentally clicked on SKIP

Note3: The update has reappeared in settings and still the same failure.

8 Likes

I’m having the same issue with all my Sonoff ZBMINIL2 devices. All are showing a firmware update is available but clicking install results in the failed error after a few seconds. One device did start to update once, but only got to 1% at 18 hours then stopped.

1 Like

Same thing here. ZBMINIL2 and SNZB-06P. Available update, but firmware fails to install.
Update was not successful - result: <Status.FAILURE: 1>

Same problem with sonoff SNZB-06P and TRADFRI bulb E27 opal 1000lm

Same for me - replying to track status

I tried to update by bringing the devices to be updated close to my Sonoff zbdongle-e and the update was successful. Perhaps the update is not possible with other device-“routers” acting as intermediaries, or if there is a weak signal.

2 Likes

All of my battery devices get the same error as the OP, but I have devices sitting just feet away that get to a certain point and stick. Like my Bar fridge has been at 23% for 27 minutes:

I like the thought of the router being the issue. I was finally able to take a look at the visualization.

Both devices are connected to a router, the one that worked his highlighted green, the other is grey. Tomorrow I’ll try unplugging the one router and see what happens.

Unlike others mine are in the wall so I can’t just move it closer or to a different location.

1 Like

Same experience with an Ikea Shortcut Button.

I have tried pulling the battery out, repairing, and moving it closer to the radio.

Here are my logs if that helps:

Log details (ERROR)
Logger: homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection
Source: components/websocket_api/commands.py:240
Integration: Home Assistant WebSocket API (documentation, issues)
First occurred: February 11, 2024 at 1:15:13 PM (8 occurrences)
Last logged: 8:47:54 PM

[140535163889344] Update was not successful - result: <Status.FAILURE: 1>
[140535151824320] Update was not successful - result: <Status.FAILURE: 1>
[140535786167488] Update was not successful - result: <Status.FAILURE: 1>
[140535069587264] Update was not successful - result: <Status.FAILURE: 1>
[140535122710848] Update was not successful - result: <Status.FAILURE: 1>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py", line 240, in handle_call_service
    response = await hass.services.async_call(
               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 2279, in async_call
    response_data = await coro
                    ^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 2316, in _execute_service
    return await target(service_call)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 892, in entity_service_call
    single_response = await _handle_entity_call(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 962, in _handle_entity_call
    result = await task
             ^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/update/__init__.py", line 161, in async_install
    await entity.async_install_with_progress(version, backup)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/update/__init__.py", line 465, in async_install_with_progress
    await self.async_install(version, backup)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/update.py", line 177, in async_install
    raise HomeAssistantError(f"Update was not successful - result: {results}")
homeassistant.exceptions.HomeAssistantError: Update was not successful - result: <Status.FAILURE: 1>

Screenshot 2024-02-13 205204

Exact same issue on my side with a IKEA Plug. Currently installed is 0x20024623, newer release would be 0x23089631

Same issue here. Using SkyConnect as ZHA controller and seeing issue across all devices. Most current is a set of Third reality plugs trying to update to 0x1001304b from 0x10013042.

Interestingly, I have managed to get 1 Ledvance bulb to finish updating, but I needed to kick/restart the install every day over a week to make it happen.

That sounds like a plausible explanation.

1 Like

Same issue here with SNZB-06P, does it need raising directly on Github as it seems this feature doesn’t really work well for everyone?

1 Like

Same Problem here for my IKEA Motion Sensors

SAME WITH ZBMINIL2 some times it fails from the start or it stopses at 50 percent (in 38 minutes)

Logger: homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection
Source: components/websocket_api/commands.py:240
Integration: Home Assistant WebSocket API (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 9:29:13 AM (7 occurrences)
Last logged: 9:37:43 AM

[547357222848] Update was not successful - result: <Status.FAILURE: 1>
[547413925568] Update was not successful - result: <Status.FAILURE: 1>
[547357365952] Update was not successful - result: <Status.FAILURE: 1>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py", line 240, in handle_call_service
    response = await hass.services.async_call(
               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 2279, in async_call
    response_data = await coro
                    ^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 2316, in _execute_service
    return await target(service_call)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 892, in entity_service_call
    single_response = await _handle_entity_call(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 962, in _handle_entity_call
    result = await task
             ^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/update/__init__.py", line 161, in async_install
    await entity.async_install_with_progress(version, backup)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/update/__init__.py", line 465, in async_install_with_progress
    await self.async_install(version, backup)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/update.py", line 177, in async_install
    raise HomeAssistantError(f"Update was not successful - result: {results}")
homeassistant.exceptions.HomeAssistantError: Update was not successful - result: <Status.FAILURE: 1>

Same for me with TRADFRI open/close remote by IKEA of Sweden

I had the same for the Ikea Vallhorn

1 Like

Same here for the Ikea Vallhorn

1 Like

Also having problems with updating the Vallhorn
Installed version: 0x01000057
Latest version: 0x01000064

Edit: eventually got this working as it wouldn’t re-pair either, so after the batteries came out, using the same (Ikea rechargables) ones, I woke it with the pair button and the update started this time. Hope that helps someone

There’s a thread I’ve been following where someone resolved this, but it could be anecdotal…

For most of us we have our powered USB hub plugged into the system USB port and then an extension for each dongle, this is considered best practice. He actually added an extension between his computer and the USB hub (so 12 feet of extension between the computer and the dongle) and says it now updates Zigbee. I’m going to try this myself this weekend and see if that’s really the answer.