Zigbee termostat

Hi

I’m wondering about buying ELKO ESH Plus Super TR RF PH. It is a norwegian but product the datasheet is in english. ESH Plus Super TR RF PH - elko.no

More info in norwegian:
https://proff.elko.no/elko-smart-home-super-termostat/esh-plus-super-tr-rf-ph-article2629-1779.html.

I’m wondering if anyone has used it with conbee (deconz)
Please let me know if anyone has experience good or bad…

I don’t use this thermostat but I’m always keeping an eye out for one that might work with my setup.

My understanding is that zigbee2mqtt is better at handling thermostats than deconz; deconz is still primarily focused on lights and switches, and to a lesser degree on sensors. You could use the conbee stick with zigbee2mqtt, or perhaps zha

I have now installed the termostat and it came right up in HA. But there is some strange things. The termostat has two sensor one for the floor and one for the room. But in HA there is only one for the room. And there is some trouble setting modes and so on. But it shows up with the right entity thing in HA. I added it as a sensor in deconz.

One strange thing is that I can not find it in deconz gui but it appears in HA…

It means that it is somewhat supported by the REST API but not by the GUI (Phoscon APP).

You should open an issue here if you want better support:

Thank you for the tip. I have now commented it on github… tnx

Hi @Andreas_Henden , Im buying thermostats for my basement now. How did your experience with these go in the end? Are they stable and how is your setup/any custom config you needed to do?

Sorry for the late answer. The support isn’t very great. I know they are working on it but now it disappears from HA and you have to go into deconz and refresh then the temp is working for a while. And you cant set it on or off from HA. But I think they are working on it…

Since this is a top Google search result, I want to add that device support is now great using zigbee2mqtt, at least for my Elko model (ZigBee RS16 Super TR RF PH).

Hi,
I’m looking for a Zigbee-enabled Thermostat for home too. My special requirement is that i don’t have a neutral cable available at my current ‘basic’ thermostat, plus i need to control hot and cold.

Based on the specs for this one i don’t see mentions of how the heaT/cold is control, so i’m guessing it only works for heating up?

Are you saying this device works great with HA now? Any features not supported? Experiences since 1 year ago?

Hi @Jacp101

I’m not sure what termostat i will buy for mye home, i need 3 and have been looking at the Elko EKO07259 (zigbee) , but not realy sure.

i have Elko smart switch/dimmer x-many and im not that happy with em since i can only turn then on/off and dim them. I want more attributes and info from them… but havent figured it out yett…

Im running HA, Conbee2, deConz,Phonscon app 2day —> not that impressed, so will change it out with Sonoff Zigbee 3.0 USB Dongle plus v.1 and Zigbee2MQTT.

This will hopefully give me more stability and info/attributes.

@Jacp101 have you desided if you will try the elko termostat or?

I’m also having a bit of trouble with this thermotstat. I have an ELKO Super TR (not sure if I have the 100% full model name since I’m not home atm). It was easy to add to HA using ZigBee, and everything seemed normal. The thing is that it doesn’t show the correct current temperature. I’ve set it to 26 degrees Celcius, and It’s now at 25-26 degrees when checking the thermostat itself. In HA it shows 12.3 degrees. It’s been like that since I installed it many months ago, iirc.

I’m a bit of a newbie at HA, but any help is appreciated. I’m using a ZigBee SkyConnect v1.0 by Nabu Casa. Firmware: 7.1.1.0 build 273.

I think it’s ZHA as default. I can’t rember chosing MQTT or deConz.

I have 6 of these connected through Z2M, all of them show correct temperature. Are you sure you are checking current temperature, not set temperature when you look at the thermostat? Have you set up the floor sensor correct (if using that)?

I’m pretty sure I’m checking the correct temperature. The floor sensor should be correct as it works on the Thermostat itself. It just seems to report the wrong current temp. in HA. Is there a way to check this in HA?

The floor is about 26 degrees, and not 12. :slight_smile:

I would try deleting it and adding it again.

1 Like

Where do you find that screen? I’ve never seen that. Can’t remember it from adding it last time.
I’m guessing the temperatur might be where the thermostat it self is placed, and not the floot sensor. So it’s probably showing the room sensor, yes.

I use Z2M, not ZHA. If you do a couple of breaths on the thermostat it should go up significantly in temperature if it is set to air, not floor.

1 Like

Ah, that might be why. Is there a way to fix it in ZHA, or do I have to set up my whole ZigBee network with devices again? I have a few devices, so it would be nice not having to set everything up again.

You could try deleting and adding just the thermostat, see if it is still stuck at 12,4.