Zigbee thermostat - Centralite Pearl Thermostat

Z2m is now configured in its own ui, including a place to enter exernal converters.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion, that would probably be easier then messing with the config file. Assuming that would be done through here:

Well thank you to everyone. I actually did the change to the configuration.yaml file as in your first example, got no errors and it showed in the External Converters in the menu. Also now shows, up so appears to be working.

Just need to figure out how to use it in my automations, but I think I’m done with the hard part.

Thank you again!

2 Likes

Thanks Kupie, I will try your tweak out as well.

What I’ve noticed with the hold switch, is that it can be controlled accurately from the actual device. However, if I switch it in HA, it goes back to whatever the display on the thermostat shows, so essentially I’m unable to control the hold functionality from HA. Any suggestions?

I’m able to toggle hold on and off through Home assistant. It’s possible this is a difference between the “e” and non e version.

In your device settings, is “optimistic” checked? Mine is, and I think I had to check it for it to work right

So I now have 3 of these in service. I have a node red flow setup to control the schedule via mqtt. However, they keep disconnecting from the zigbee network. I was having some signal issues, so I changed WiFi channels on my access points and changed zigbee channel (requiring me to repair everything). My signal strength on all my devices is much better, but these things keep dropping. Any suggestions? Is there any type of automation to keep them connected?

1 Like

Even though these thermostats can receive power through the common wire from the HVAC equipment, they do not function as repeater devices, and basically in terms of zigbee routing act as a battery powered device.

That being said, do you have other mains powered repeaters near your devices? I was having some connection issues because before I bought these all my zigbee devices were battery powered. I added 3 mains powered Ikea outlets throughout the house, and the zigbee2mqtt map shows the thermostats are connecting through the outlets now. With the addition of the outlets, I rarely have these drop out. The only time they act a little funny is after a power outage where I might have to reconnect them, but otherwise they are stable.

These are the outlets I purchased to act as zigbee repeaters

This portion of the map in zigbee2mqtt shows 2 of the thermostats now connecting through the nearby Ikea outlet. The 3rd thermostat is in the same room as the coordinator so that connects directly to it.

Screenshot from 2022-06-03 13-07-51

@mwav3 thanks for clarifying the point that this thermostat doesn’t actually function as a repeater even if you have it connected to power. I’m considering one of these to replace my Honeywell, though there are also a couple Tuya & Moes ZigBee thermostats I’m also considering and I bet they would be the same. I too have been considering picking up 1 or 2 Tradfri plugs but I’m installing a couple of Sonoff ZigBee Minis within range and will see if I will really need the Tradfri plugs or not.

I have two of those, they repeat, but they don’t work as well as repeaters as the outlets- Maybe because they are so small and inside a wall outlet box, versus the outlets are bigger (likely bigger antenna) and out in the open.

The lqi numbers on the sonoffs are much lower then the ikea outlets that are close to them.

That being said, you can always look at the map after you add the sonoff Minis to see how everything is doing before buying more outlets.

@mwav3 I’m intrigued by your comment “look at the map”. Is there some ZigBee coverage map somewhere that I’m not aware of?

In the zigbee2mqtt GUI, right there where the menu item at the top of the page says Map.

1 Like

Ah, cool, I don’t spend much time in Z2M other than pairing my devices. Thanks!

1 Like

I have 2 of these in Zigbee2mqtt. Just popped the batteries in and they paired to my sonoff 3.0 dongle.

I paired them, have all the entities.

I can change the temperature setpoint of the unit using the “exposes” tab on zigbee 2 mqtt gui, but, I’m stuck with the lovelace cards, both the custom card and the “stock” card. They won’t change setpoints.

Am I missing something?

which custom card?

What are the attributes of your climate entity?

cards:
      - type: custom:thermostat-card
        entity: climate.main_floor_hvac
        title: Main Floor
      - type: custom:thermostat-card
        entity: climate.top_floor_hvac
        title: Top Floor

Thanks for your attention.
Just realized in using the Centralize HA Thermostat, not the pearl.

Entities are below, the main floor and top floor have the same ones active.

The stock thermostat card should change setpoints…

cards:
      - type: thermostat
        entity: climate.lower_floor_heat

therm

The first dot around the circle is your heat setpoint (slide it around to change it up and down), the next one is your cool setpoint.

Can you change the setpoint with a call service or automation?

If you go to developer tools, then states, you should see all these attributes. If you don’t see them, something is going wrong somewhere, likely with the MQTT broker or way the thermostat is setup in zigbee2mqtt:

hvac_modes:
  - 'off'
  - heat
  - cool
  - emergency_heating
min_temp: 45
max_temp: 86
target_temp_step: 1
fan_modes:
  - auto
  - 'on'
current_temperature: 74
target_temp_high: 80
target_temp_low: 66
fan_mode: auto
hvac_action: 'off'
battery: 100
fan_state: 'ON'
linkquality: 69
local_temperature: 23.57
local_temperature_calibration: 0
occupied_cooling_setpoint: 26.67
occupied_heating_setpoint: 18.89
running_state: idle
system_mode: 'off'
temperature_setpoint_hold: false
voltage: 2800
friendly_name: Lower Floor Heat
supported_features: 10

Yeah that’s what I was after.

I get the thermostat card, if I change the set point it reverted after 10 seconds. Only way to get it to stick is t go into the exposes tab in the z2m gui

hvac_modes:
  - 'off'
  - heat
  - cool
  - emergency_heating
min_temp: 45
max_temp: 86
target_temp_step: 1
fan_modes:
  - auto
  - 'on'
current_temperature: 73