Zigbee thermostat - Centralite Pearl Thermostat

I notice it’s mixing C and F

Sorry, fixed

1 Like

Yes, but so does @mwav3 's.

1 Like

Yes, if you use Fahrenheit you’ll see it mixing Celsius and Fahrenheit in the attributes. The Thermostat’s raw output to MQTT is always in Celsius, but the unit of measurement specified in zigbee2mqtt feeds into the climate template for the device, and that allows Home Assistant to handle all the C and F conversions automatically, so mixing C and F should not create an issue here. The C and F generally doesn’t create an issue for me unless I try to change the temperature by publishing directly to MQTT (I have to remember to change it to Fahrenheit).

So, that’s likely not your issue.

I would make sure “optimistic” is checked for the device in your settings

If it still isn’t working, then there might be a problem with your zigbee mesh and the message isn’t getting through to the thermostat - see my posts above about adding repeaters.

1 Like

Well that saved me a lot of research into the (non) issue :slight_smile:

2 Likes

After playing with this I’ve realized the when I set a new setpoint on the thermostats, the thermostat changes just fine, and the room temperature, and state of the stem also updates correctly.

Three Lovelace does not recognize the setpoint as far as I can tell.

I have two of these and they are working find with one exception. I’m using them with ZHA.

I’ve setup scenes for the temperature I want at different times (ie heating/cooling/day/night)

The issue is if you have a two stage cooling system. It only activates the second stage if the setpoint is 5 degrees (Fahrenheit) below the current temp. So I’m working through an automation that sets the temp down low after the ac has been on for 15 min so the second stage kicks in. Then I need a second automation to turn set the temp back up when the desired temp is reached. Otherwise they have been solid for me.

1 Like

FIXED!!! Z2M not updating setpoints on Lovelace .

CENTRALITE 3056106

Had to add the following to the devices “reporting” tab:

It did not autoconfigure.

Is this user error or a bug?

Putting it here because Google will bring other here.

Thanks all.

I just picked one of these up and I’m seriously regretting it… I have this same issue, the current temperature is extremely slow to update or it just never does(yesterday it showed 25.1 degrees Celsius for the entire day… Today I can’t seem to change the temperature at all, it just reverts back. Setting the fan to auto doesn’t work, reverts back to On… I’m using ZHA but seems like everybody here is using Z2M? I also don’t get any switch that exposes the hold function.

I know this is an old post but I setup zigbee2mqtt last night and it’s so much better than ZHA lol. It actually makes this thermostat usable I think now. Can anybody share how they are automating this thermostat? I had an ecobee before which had Sleep, Away, Home modes but this thermostat doesn’t. I’m curious how everybody is writing automations for this thermostat.

I have been considering getting this thermostat in order to replace my smart Honeywell unit in the hopes to have complete local only control. I’ve been hesitant as I’m concerned what functionality I may lose, or if HA is down how dumb might this thermostat be. I believe my Honeywell still stores the schedule locally in the device so if the internet is down it still functions. If i get into a situation where it’s the middle of winter and HA goes down and my pipes freeze that would be a huge issue.

There are high and low cool/heat set points that you can program into the device manually so if HA goes down your pipes shouldn’t freeze as theoretically if it drops below the low heat temp setpoint it will kick the furnace on. Having it setup with zigbee2mqtt in terms on functionality is basically the same as my ecobee one with the exception of no preset modes or furnace filter replacement alerts. On the device itself it also doesn’t show the local weather or the humidity level like what I had with the ecobee. Another thing you should be aware of is that it doesn’t have an auto mode for heat/cool it’s one or the other.

You could look up the manual on the centralite site to look :slight_smile:

The price $80 CAD is what drew me in since it’s more than half the price of the ecobee and once I get my automations switched over I think it’s the best bang for your buck in terms of smart thermostat with total local control.

Yeah, the price is what’s attracting me as well. Since we don’t really use the Auto mode on our Honeywell, my wife doesn’t like that mode kicking on in when she wants to open up the windows, I’m not super concerned about that feature. The filter replacement notice I would think I could setup something in HA for that, or even just go really old school and setup a calendar reminder for myself. I’ve got some other home automation projects to wrap up still so I may still end up grabbing one of these. Thanks!

If HA goes down the thermostat keeps the same temperature. So you loose setpoint changes, but it will never be set below freezing or too hot.

1 Like

Cool, thanks for the follow-up and sharing your experience with the device.

1 Like

EDIT: Removing and re-pairing fixed the issue.

I just installed one of these today. It allows me to control the temperature and turn it off. There is not Heat or Cool available. Looking at Dev Tools/States I have this, which certainly does not look right at all:

hvac_modes: off
min_temp: 44.6
max_temp: 95
fan_modes: auto, on
current_temperature: 72.6
temperature: 73
fan_mode: auto
system_mode: [<SystemMode.Cool: 3>]/cool
occupied_cooling_setpoint: 2277
occupied_heating_setpoint: 2000
friendly_name: Centralite 3157100 Centralitepearl
supported_features: 9

Notice Heat and Cool are missing from hvac modes. Also, searching thru the automations, there is no place that I can find to automate temperature changes.

I am using the Silicon Labs Zigbee/Z-wave Nortek controller with the stock Zigbee integration. Does anyone have any ideas here?

Good to see you sorted out, just incase anybody is interested this is the full list of state attributes as reported from developer tools tab. My model is centralite 3157100

hvac_modes:
  - 'off'
  - heat
  - cool
  - emergency_heating
min_temp: 45
max_temp: 86
target_temp_step: 1
fan_modes:
  - auto
  - 'on'
current_temperature: 79
target_temp_high: 79
target_temp_low: 77
fan_mode: auto
hvac_action: 'off'
battery: 98
battery_low: false
fan_state: 'ON'
linkquality: 87
local_temperature: 26.35
local_temperature_calibration: null
occupied_cooling_setpoint: 26
occupied_heating_setpoint: 25
running_state: idle
system_mode: cool
temperature_setpoint_hold: false
voltage: 2700
friendly_name: ThermostatDownstairs
supported_features: 10
1 Like

I have two of these, running in home assistant, using zigbee2mqtt. They are driving me insane. Overall they are nice units but… like you had mentioned earlier mine don’t update enough or something else is going on. Here is the scenario

I set the thermostat to cool to 78F
it runs …
temp gets down to 77F, it continues running until it gets to 76F

It does not turn on again until it gets to 80

Rinse and repeat.

That is strange. I have not had that issue. Have you checked your deadband?

zigbee2mqtt

A deadband is **a temperature range in which neither heating nor cooling system turns on**.

EDIT: (Default) – 1.8 Fahrenheit, 1.0 Celsius but perhaps it got messed up somehow.

Thanks for the reply, that was the first thing I checked, even though deadband seems to be only when the system switches from cooling to heat or vice versa. I reduced its value to 1 haven’t seen any improvement as of yet. I test by moving the temp control and waiting for the relay to click in. The other thing I am wondering if it has to do with rounding. There is another attribute target_temp_step: 1
however it appears to be a read only . I will play around a bit and see if I can set it via script. I also changed the reporting time in zigbe2mqtt for localtemp and runningstate from 3600 to 600 to see if that helps reflect on my dashboard as the last_updated attribute can be several hours which is also odd. If i get this sorted out will be very happy as overall seem to be well built units.

1 Like