Zigbee2MQTT - Control Alarmo via keypad

Thank you for creating this Blueprint. I confirm it works with Hive KEYPAD001 and Alarmo.

Is it possible to swap around the action keys? On the Hive Keypad, I think it would make more sense for the Home button (top right) to set the Alarmo mode to armed_home rather than disarmed.

That would confuse the hell out of those of us who have been using this for ages … also what would you press to disarm? Home as disarm is the obvious choice as you are … home.

Where can I find an Alarmo compatible zigbee keyboard sold in Europe? I can’t find anything. Not even on Aliexpress. I would need two pieces (even used ones as long as they are in good condition) and at a good price. Any links? Thanks

Frient (by Develco) Keypad works well with this Blueprint and Z2M.

I have stopped using Z2M though and am trying to replicate the same functions with ZHA and without Alarmo, as I want to use HA without custom components for stability reasons.

[edit]
Well ZHA just doesn’t support everything that is possible with Z2M and this Blueprint. So just have the Frient Keypad in Z2M and the rest is running in ZHA.

Does anyone have the status LED buttons working with Hive KEYPAD001 and Alarmo?
Doesn’t work for me. How can I modify the plan?

What do you mean? You want it to show if it’s armed on the keypad?

It works fine with my Develco/Frient Keypad. The Armed Away, Armed Home and Armed Night mode are all ‘left LED red’ . Only disarmed is ‘right LED green’.

Don’t have the Hive keypad, so not sure what you can see physically on the device, according to the Z2M page of the Hive keypad it should support the same commands and work with this blueprint to push the state to the panel.

I have the Hive Keypad working with Alarmo.

The Hive Keypad Status LEDs only show up when you are actively using the keypad. So when changing arm modes or disarming. They don’t stay on all the time.

I picked up a Hive KEYPAD001 in good condition 2nd hand one on eBay late last year for about ÂŁ20.

They don’t come up that often but setting an alert for one when listed seemed to work out. They don’t seem very popular so you can easily buy one for £20-30 when they become available.

1 Like

Hi,

it worked fine for me for 2-3 days with Develco/Frient Keypad, except that the leds didn’t show the state.
now in z2m the device is showing MANIPULATION and i can’t figure out what the problem is. also tried to reconnect my keypad to the zigbee network, but same problem. somebody have an idea?

Try to pair it again to z2m. Could be the interview is incomplete.

tried it already. i reset the device paired again. no change :frowning:

Yes, I would like to see on the keyboard if it is locked or unlocked.

Thanks I am giving this a go…

For Alarmo settings could anyone confirm does this blueprint require this to be enabled (its off by default)

Enable MQTT
“Allow the alarm panel to be controlled through MQTT”

Sorry if this is off topic but for the Linkind ZS130000078 Keypad specifically this is showing in a permanent tampered state does anyone with this know if this is normal or would need to be reset in order for it to function correctly with this blueprint?

Would there be a way to use specific codes to trigger other automations? For example, I come home and disable the alarm away and set it to alarm home. I’d like to be able to input another code that would turn on certain lights in the living room, for example. Is this possible?

I just have installed this great blueprint, restarted HA, armed and disarmed one time from Alarmo panel. Then I tried arming and disarming using Develco/Frient Keypad and it worked correctly.
When I tried another time to arming using the Develco/Frient Keypad, the red led and the “bip” (indicating the system is Arming) remained blinking and bipping even if the system went to Armed. The only way to stop them was to input the PIN and Disarm.

Any idea @neliss ?
@danieldeni did you try this case ?

Thanks!

Never had this issue with normal use, have you tried rebooting the panel by removing the batteries for a few secs?

I was using the customized blueprint by the way: Zigbee2MQTT - Control Alarmo via keypad - #25 by gremblin As the night mode was missing from the original one.

Yes you need it turned on for it to work with the keypad and Alarmo

1 Like

Would there be a way to use specific codes to trigger other automations?

It wouldn’t be possible without changing the blueprint or creating your own, new custom automations.