Zigbee2MQTT - Control Alarmo via keypad

" * Pin code is mandatory for both arming and disarming. If you set up Alarmo not to require a pin code for arming, you can simply enter a random pin (can even be 1 digit) and confirm it. It will be accepted."

I have noticed this issue, thanks to the op for listing in this in the limitations as I thought I was losing it!

Does anyone know if this is a limitation of the keypad or some kind of software issue. I suspect the keypad is always looking for some kind of input to arm the alarm, but was keen to know if this could ever be fixed

ok…let’s give it a try. thanks :wink:

Hello together, what is the right way to use RFID. The Blueprint work very fine for my Develco KEPZB* -*110. Where do I have to write a code on the tag or which one do I have to enter in Alarmo?

Hello could you help me set up my Xfinity keypad I am having no luck getting it to work as I am new to Home assistant and been trying for 3 weeks to get it working. Thank you

I have one of my two Xfinity Keypads working - what I had to do first was install the Zigbee2MQTT add on, once I got the keypad working with that, I was then able to use the blueprint above to make the first keypad work.

I cannot for the life of me get my second Xfinity keypad to work; even though it is installed and working with Zigbee2MQTT.

Also @Mr_Flibble I just received my devices today and will admit, they were rather difficult to pair with Z2M in Home Assistant before attempting a factory reset. Because my three keypads were ordered used off Ebay I made sure to factory reset them before they would go into pairing mode.

To factory reset and put the XHK1-UE into pairing mode follow these steps:
1. Remove the cover and the batteries, Keep the tamper/pairing button pressed while inserting the batteries and then release the tamper/pairing button. For the XHK1 models it should make the pairing LED start flashing.
2. Press the tamper switch 5 times to reset the keypad.

To put the freshly reset XHK1-UE into paring mode:
1. Insert the 4 batteries. (use AA Lithium 1.5v batteries for best performance, AA Alkaline batteries or AA Rechargeable NiMH/NiCd batteries).
2. The Pairing LED light should start flashing (indicating it’s in pairing mode). If the light is not flashing, follow the instructions above to get it back into pairing mode.
3. The device wifi/signal LED should be flashing green
4. On successful pairing the pairing LED should flashing and the the wifi/signal LED should be lit.

Once they are added to Z2M, Change the friendly names in Z2M and push the changes to HomeAssistant.

To add more than one keypad, open the Alarmo Keypad Sync blueprint and assign additional keypads.

I hope this helps you two. I had to do some additional digging to find the factory reset and pair procedure.

Thanks, I got the keypad paired with zigbee perfectly, it is fully visible, but it won’t interact with Alarmo at all, even after using the blueprint.

For whatever reason, the garage keypad just does not interact with Alarmo.

I purchased an XHK1-UE and am trying to use it with Alarmo using your blueprint.
I can disarm the alarm (by entering the PIN) and arm the alarm in HOME mode (by pressing the first button followed by the PIN).
If I try to arm the alarm in away from home mode (second button), Alarmo responds “FALIED_TO_ARM”, while if I try to arm the alarm in night mode it activates in home mode.
Furthermore, the three mode keys never light up red to signal insertion.
Could anyone help me?

Based on the code found on this post I wrote my own Blueprint. The code is optimized to work properly with the Xfinity XHK1-UE (all modes are supported and the LEDs work as expected). I also added the ability to receive a mobile notification in case of an error.
GitHub link

1 Like

Hey i have been looking at the frient key pad. Do you know what wireless frequency its running is if wifi, or one of the other frequencies. I want to get one but one of the frequencies is illegal here .

Since it is a zigbee keyboard I imagine it works with the frequencies foreseen by this protocol. On the internet I find “this technology can be operated at 868 MHz, 902-928 MHz, and 2.4 GHz frequencies depending upon the requirement of application”

Confirmed Working with the Hive Keypad.

The default behaviour of the “moon” button is to set Alarmo to “Alarm Day” Rather than “Alarm Night” so had to change a few things in the blueprint to get it to set Alarm to Alarm Night instead, but once that’s done it works great.

Hey man, I did all the steps, the tamper button is blinking 3 times, then a pause, then again 3 times.
z2m is on and in ‘enable join’ mode. still nothing is showing up on z2m. the device is not pairing.
What am I missing?

For some reason, the sonoff dongle P does not pick up the keypad to connect.
I tried via zha and a conbee II and it worked…

I think its only Zigbee2Mqtt only not ZHA

I have the exact same Keypad. I imported your blueprint and it works great.
However, to arm the alarm, it requires a four digit code. Is there a way to avoid that and just arm the alarm by pressing the away button?

I still can’t get the second keypad working, and I am at an abject loss as to why. The first one works great, the second one is detected, but not linked to alarmo. I have used the blueprints, but still no bueno.

Here are my two automations, the first one works great:

alias: Alarmo Keypad Sync
description: ""
use_blueprint:
  path: neliss/zigbee2mqtt-control-alarmo-via-keypad.yaml
  input:
    state_topic: zigbee2mqtt/Keypad_Alarm_Front_Door
    entity: alarm_control_panel.alarmo
    set_topic: zigbee2mqtt/Keypad_Alarm_Front_Door/set

And this one does not work:

alias: Alarmo Garage Keypad Alarm Sync
description: ""
use_blueprint:
  path: neliss/zigbee2mqtt-control-alarmo-via-keypad.yaml
  input:
    state_topic: zigbee2mqtt/Keypad_Alarm_Garage
    entity: alarm_control_panel.alarmo
    set_topic: zigbee2mqtt/Keypad_Alarm_Garage/set

Fixed I believe, something was amiss with the garage keypad, so I deleted it from the zigbee2mqtt integration, restarted HA, and re-added it. It seems to work now.

I have a Frient keyboard that I connected in Zigbee2MQTT. I want to use it with alarmo.

I saw this template but I was wondering if this is really needed since there seem to be a native setting in alarmo.

In the alarmo settings under general there is a menu Enable MQTT (Allow the alarm panel to be controlled through MQTT.)
That is actually what I want.
With the button MQTT configuration there are several settings where payloads can be defined for different states and commands.

I don’t really have a lot of experience with mqtt yet. So the question is if these settings are replacing the need for a blueprint automation here and if anyone has gotten this to work with these settings. Any help is greatly appreciated

Hi, Thanks for this great blueprint. So easy to use. But can somebody give me a hand with a little automation for only the SOS button on the Frient keypad? My Z2M topic is zigbee2mqtt/frient_keypad I can see in de MQTT explorer that the button is pushing ‘emergency’ but how can I make it so that a action is triggered?
Thank you