Zigbee2mqtt: getting rid of your proprietary Zigbee bridges (Xiaomi, Hue, TRADFRI)

To me, it seems that HA update 0.115 has broke something on Zigbee2Mqtt. The network is crashing multiple times per week suddenly after the update and setting ā€œpermit_join: Trueā€ seems to crash it too quite often. I updated zigbee2mqtt to 1.15.0 but it did not help. The problem seems to be reported on Github already though it is not only Hassio problem.

Waiting my CC2652 and hopefully that helps with the problem. Only thing is that most likely never going to receive the stick as the seller seems to be selling air and not the sticks but that is a different problem :smiley:

Hi, everything is working fine for me. Iā€™m on version 1.14.4 and HA 0.115.2

First of all: thank you for the work you did put in this tool. Worked from the first moment like a charm.

Edit: So ok, I fixed thisā€¦ Seemed one of my wires wasnā€™t properly connected :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hi guys,

Iā€™ve done a pretty big refactoring for the add-on (see: https://github.com/danielwelch/hassio-zigbee2mqtt/pull/443/files).

I need people that want to test the new version. You can try it by using this repo: https://github.com/zigbee2mqtt/hassio-zigbee2mqtt

You can also join the Zigbee2mqtt Discord for discussions around this.

1 Like

Im experiencing the same problem

As co-incidence would have it, I was trying to help in this thread, and I see you have changed the docs in the new refactor. I am even more confused :slight_smile: In the meantime, can you assist? (or point him to the right discord? Zigbee2mqtt - unsupported device integration

The problem with the docs is that the information was not grouped based on needs. Also the approach using devices.js is not really something that should be supported in the long run now that external_converters are supported.

Hi everyone,

I have the following problem.
Since the new zigbee2mqtt release v1.15.0 the following device ( bridge / info ) appears to me, and I cannot remove it.

Hi everyone,

I have the following problem.
Since the new zigbee2mqtt release v1.15.0 the following device appears to me, and I cannot remove it.
What could that be?

I didnā€™t have that before
What could that be?

Try using the built-in UI (click Show in sidebar) and see if that still shows that ā€œdeviceā€.
Also make sure you have

experimental:
  new_api: true

Could be just an MQTT topic that you can remove with MQTT explorer

the (bridge / info) is no longer displayed.
And the coordinator is no longer displayed either.

And linkquality is zero.
Some things are not right there.

Coordinator details should be found under settings /raw but I have no idea why the LQI is 0. Maybe try and check the mqtt message that itā€™s using.

The bridge/info is probably a new topic in the new version, so you canā€™t just remove it if itā€™s being used.

True. Most likely zigbee2mqtt assistant is not up to date here.

How can I disable the built-in UI?

frontend:
  port: 8080
experimental:
  new_api: true

I have recently installed Zigbee2MQTT Assistant. Very nice.

One thing puzzles me though, why is my co-ordinator reported as having Link quality is 111/255.? Surely this is the Link quality between the coordinator and itself, and should be perfect?

Hello!
Is there a way to manually define a network route from an endpoint to the coordinator?
I have some Xiaomi movement sensors that have 0 signal. I placed and Ikea Tradfri expander in between the sensors and coordinator but the sensors do not connect to the Tradfri, they are still connecting to the coordinator. Can I force them to do so?
Thank you.

You have to remove them and then re-pair them. The Xiaomi devices wonā€™t re-route.

Ok. Iā€™ll try that tonight. Thank you

Hello everyone,

I opened a new thread seeking some help with Zigbee2Mqtt installation but not much luck thereā€¦ so I decided to come here as there so much awareness in this thread, sorry if its not suitable though.

I am struggling to get this addon to work and I really would appreciate some help if possible. So, I have Hass OS 4.13 installed in a VM in Unraid. Zigbee2Mqtt addon was installed using supervisor addon manager, and everything is updated.
The issue is when I try to start the addon, HassOs prompts me a window with the message ā€œUnknown error, see logsā€, No logs within Zigbee2Mqtt addon log, but when I have a look at supervisors logs I get the following error:

The thread I opened, I was suggested that could be due to a permission issue or missing folder/file as printed in the log. I have created the folder and files and adjusted the permission using FTP as follows:
error2

Even though I have created the folder/file with different combinations to ensure the address matches Zigbee2Mqtt doesnā€™t start still. Am I missing anything? Any idea?

Thanks guys.