Zigbee2mqtt: getting rid of your proprietary Zigbee bridges (Xiaomi, Hue, TRADFRI)

I have not found any such mqtt issue with z2m.

If you can guarantee that the connection will never dfrop, then you will not hit this. However, the fact is that it fails to cope with flaky connections: which many networks will have occasionally.

You’ve tried this on zigbee2mqtt?

Hi, I just built a second zigbee router with CC2530+CC2591 and paired with my CC2531 coordinator. It’s working fine with the second router with LQI ~130. I have a first working router with the same hardware and before the second router installed, the first router LQI is always 70+.

After installing the second router, the first router LQI starts to vary from 130 - 70 and I believe when it shoot up to 130, it is actually routing to my second router, but it is not consistent. The physical distance of the router and coordinator are like this: coordinator --> second router --> first router, where the first router is the most far from my coordinator.

May I know is there anyway I can force the first router to route its signal to the second router? This is because there are few devices are still connected to my first router and its LQI is only ~70+.

Here is LQI over time for my first router. It vary from 130-70. I tried to do a hard reset and after that, it always stay at 70+.

Did you give it a go? I am now thinking about connecting the same to HA.

Yap

Ive moved from Xiaomi hubs to a conbee / zigbee2mqtt setup over the weekend but I have an issue with my quality.

All my devices show very close to the same lqi despite being scattered around the house. They also all increase slightly over time.

All devices are Xiaomi motion sensors, thermometers or buttons.

Any ideas please?

Thank you

No worry, as long as they work.

did you ever solve this, could find any info sorry.

Thank you.

Conbee support in Z2M is still experimental.

Same here, the lqi keeps getting higher and higher till its the max (255 or so) and then everything goes back to 0 and builds up. Each day it goes from 0 - 255. I haven’t experienced issues though with reaching or controlling devices. I hope conbee will be out of beta soon though.

Have a look at

Zigbee2mqtt are aware of issue but it is a problem with conbee as below. Would be great if you could add your comments to the below thread if experiencing issues too.

1 Like

Hello,

Do you know how to reset philips hue bulbs with zigbee2mqtt?

I don’t have a hue bridge or a hue remote control only the bulbs.

I read that there was a procedure with the six digit serial number written on the bulb but I did not succeed.

If anyone has the info …

Thanks to all of you.

Have you tried this https://www.zigbee2mqtt.io/information/touchlink.html#factory-reset-device

Yes I tried, but apparently not compatible…

I specify that I have a dongle conbee 2

Thanks you

Currently working on a new zigbee stick running the TI CC2652P, which has an extra 20db gain.

3 Likes

What module you will use?

The RF-Star RF-BM-2652P2

Cool! :+1:
I am currently using CC1352P(E79 EBYTE) on my network and manufacturing another Coordinator with CC2652P(E72 EBYTE) for 20db, but since the russians made the “Stick V4” using RF-Star RF-BM-2652P1/P2, I also wanted to make one with it.

afaik Conbee2 doesn’t support touch link.

IMO there are two ways left:

1. using original hue hub
  2. using hue dimmer

You can find videos on yt with the procedure