Zigbee2mqtt: getting rid of your proprietary Zigbee bridges (Xiaomi, Hue, TRADFRI)

Good day, sharing my post to warn others

It is a real pity isnā€™t it? Seems a good product, but beset by problems of supply. Or as you say, possibly worse. There are similar delays and problems described here "Zzh!" (short for "Zig-a-zig-ah!") open-source hardware licensed Zigbee USB-stick based on TI CC2652R

Anyway, if you are going to pan the guy, you should spell his name correctly.

I hope you have a good lawyer, defamation suits are horrendously expensive.

Thank you, Iā€™ve corrected the spelling. :smiley:

Defamation per wikipedia ā€œis the oral or written communication of a false statementā€.

Nothing in my statement is untrue. I have a payment receipt (including dhl tracked delivery) no product and no feedback.

Iā€™m ok with this

@nickrout
I should have read this before ordering. Reviews are not goodā€¦ only myself to blame

2 Likes

Sigh :woozy_face:

Cross-posting everywhere ā€¦

yeap.
no excuse for not responding to paying customer.

Does anyone know if the new model of Xiaomi Aqara double key wireless wall switch is compatible? Model MJKG01-1YL, MJKG01-2YL, MJKG01-3YL

Check out this website: https://zigbee.blakadder.com/zigbee2mqtt.html

I use this when buying a Zigbee device. It shows what Zigbee implementations (like zigbee2mqtt) support a device, what features are supported and shows a link to purchase it as well.

If itā€™s not listed there, I would hold off on buying. Or buy it and request for new device support through Github and help it get added in :slight_smile:

Edit: are you sure itā€™s even a Zigbee device? It nowhere states Zigbee on the product pages I have found online: https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/4000468105665.html

The other site to check is | Zigbee2MQTT

But I agree, the aliexpress page I found for this device says nothing about zigbee, but it does make this mysterious statement

Before order please note: It needs to be connected to Firewire.and it is not a smart version , it can compatible with traditional lights & smart lights

Aside from the chinglish, it is hard to know what it even is?

Hi Guys,

My CC2531 stick with zigbee2mqtt ran fine for over a year, but then the stick died. I have replaced the stick with a new one, but having trouble to get my devices working again.
What i can see in the logging is that the CC2531 is recognized, but ofcourse a lot of error because devices cannot be reached or something.

The first lightbulb i tried to repair by resetting the bulb next to the CC2531 stick, but no success. I have tried to reset the bulb many times, and even deleted it from zigbee2mqtt and HA. But no success.
The second bulb repaired after one reset.

What can i do to get my mesh network up and running again? Thanks.

This is just a normal wall switch that has a fancy look. Thatā€™s it.

BTW, firewire is chinglish thatā€™s how we call the live wire (L) in Mandarin.

Read: Supported Zigbee adapter
" Previously the Texas Instruments CC2531 was the most recommended adapter. This adapter is not recommended anymore since itā€™s not very powerfull, doesnā€™t have good range and struggles with larger network (20+ devices). It also requires additional hardware to flash the firmware, see [Flashing the CC2531].", replace it with recommended adapter.
I have same problem itā€™s not stable for couple months already, But was good for couple years. I did order new adapter,

On the other hand, a CC2531 will still work and if one worked for this user before, another will work now.

trata de compra ya configurado, talvez sea mas costoso pero te soluciona el problema, consulta con un proveedor.

English please :slight_smile:

It should indeed just work though, even when it is not the recommended adapter anymore.

I am just wondering what i can do to properly reconfigure or repair my devices. I am pretty stuck here.

Good day every one,

Please, i have so far bought a CC2531 Zigbee Emulator i order to combine all the hubs (aqara, hue, tradfi etc) but i am not sure what guide i have to follow. Is there any steight forward or some one to suggest me one that work to him?
I appreciate your help and thank you!

I remember reading somewhere that when you change coordinator, you should make sure to configure the zigbee network to a different channel from the previous one, to avoid pairing issues.

Maybe itā€™s worth trying.

Thanks, will try!

thanks a lot for the reply!
I will start from that!
thanks