Zigbee2mqtt: getting rid of your proprietary Zigbee bridges (Xiaomi, Hue, TRADFRI)

Make sure that data_path is correct. Mine changed when I installed from the new repo. I had to set it back to

data_path: /share/zigbee2mqtt

I did not loose anything.
I installed Z2M with the updated repository, copied previous Z2M configuration to new one, stopped the old one, started the new one and activated the sidebar menu. OK
I restarted Home Assistant to check that everything was OK, and then I removed old addon.

Thanks @nickrout and @Shaad. I repeated the steps again (as I had copied the old config including the path even the first time) and now it works. Must have been a strange once off thing. All good now!

Hi, I’m planning to upgrade my cc2531 to cc2652.I know I have to re-pair all the devices again. But do I have to remove all the devices in HA first before doing re-pairing? Or we just have to reset the end device and let it re-join?

Also, I know I have to modify the pan_id in the zigbee2mqtt configuration but how do i know what new pan_id should I use?

Thanks in advance

Hi there! I’m on the same boat. I’ve been holding myself back awaiting this: Lidl smart plug HG06337 not detected · Issue #6714 · Koenkk/zigbee2mqtt · GitHub

If you can wait, you may be able to avoid te-pairing.

Nope, with Z2M 1.21 there’s no need to re-pair

Even with older versions there’s no need, but the tools are external.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. Do I still have to change the pan_id? If yes, how do I know what is the pan_id should i use?

No need, the pan_id get’s changed automatically. :slight_smile:

Take a look here, I did it earlier this evening:

1 Like

Hello all again,
I tried to run the CC2531 via m Zigbee2mqtt on HA.
I install it from add on store.
I plug on the rasberry the adapter.(i flash it as documentation describes)
After those i have to do anything else? Like a configuration somewhere?
When i hit the button on the left side from menu a message appears with “502 BAD GATEWAY”
I think i am missing something somewhere.

Thank you all for reading this!

Check Zigbee2mqtt: getting rid of your proprietary Zigbee bridges (Xiaomi, Hue, TRADFRI) - #1983 by Vlad
It’s old adapter. You should replace it.
And make sure you have latest firmware

1 Like

You have to configure the add-on.On top of the add-on, you have 3 buttons :

Thank you for your help Vlad! I know it is old but i have to run only 7-8 devices and nothing else.
But have to propose anything else?

Thank you for your answer! There i have to configure like the ports or something?

The port is the most important. The remaining is mostly default.

i need to put something specific? Maybe this has a specific to communicate.

Your configuration needs to be something like this :

homeassistant: true
permit_join: true
mqtt:
  base_topic: zigbee2mqtt
  server: 'mqtt://10.0.0.63'
  user: xxx
  password: xxx
serial:
  port: /opt/zigbee2mqtt/vusb/zigbee_cc2530
advanced:
  pan_id: 6754
  channel: 25
  network_key:
  last_seen: epoch
frontend:
  port: 8080
experimental:
  new_api: true

The mqtt section needs to point to your mqtt server, with a correct user and password. Your port needs to point to the location of your Zigbee stick.

My CC2531 just broke. I need a new coordinator. Dont want a CC2531 again, because it is not recommended.

What coordinator can be recommend? I know the supported adapters, but I am not sure which one is the right for me.

My preferred one is the conbee. Because I read from him often. I am looking for a easy coordinator which dont need to be flashed with a firmware. Or it should be easy without aditional hardware.
Can the Conbee used of of the box with zigbee2mqtt?
And could it maybe better to use the Conbee without zigbee2mqtt? I chose zigbee2mqtt because of the wide range of supported devices. Is zigbee2mqtt still the best way for many devices or not?

Not a full answer BUT please do not go with sonoff zigbee bridge.

For supported devices (and some recommendations) check original page from zigbee2mqtt. Supported adapters | zigbee2mqtt.io

ConBee II is listed there as experimental.

1 Like

I would buy a CC2625x based one.

If you live in the US : a Tube one
in the uk : a ZZH
in the EU : a Zigstar

2 Likes

I couldn’t find this in the docs about the topics, so maybe it’s not possible. But does anyone know if there is a way to ‘catch’ the images used for a Zigbee device? I’m talking about the image you see in the GUI:

Is there a way to catch these through mqtt or another way? I tried sniffing the mqtt messages, but didn’t see anything. Basically I want to have the corresponding image of the Zigbee device.