Zigbee2mqtt: getting rid of your proprietary Zigbee bridges (Xiaomi, Hue, TRADFRI)

I would delete it from z2m and then re-join.

Hold it close to a router, set ‘permit join’ to true, press the little button till the blue let start to flash, and then press short but regularly on the button to keep the device awake while joining.

Has anyone noticed xiaomi devices like the motion sensor and wireless button responding very slowly using z2m? I upgraded to the latest version of z2m and HA today and randomly only these 2 devices are very laggy.

At least for some Xiaomi contact sensors used here (MCCGQ01LM), Xiaomi light sensors (GZCGQ01LM) and Xiaomi smart plugs ( ZNCZ02LM) I can not confirm any slowdown connecting to a ZigStar Stick v4 Coordinator and Zigbee2mqtt v.1.21.2-1.

Thanks @Tamsy. So what’s the solution for all this? I know people mentioned in the z2m github that it could be due to the kernel version but I am not running the kernels which are affected.

Do you refer to this, this and finally this? Are you sure those delays with some xiaomi devices are not caused by that buggy CH341 driver?

Well yes I am referring to those and also it could be the buggy CH341 driver. I am not sure on how to update it as the link provided is mainly for rpi and not Ubuntu etc

From what I understand with those Github issues a kernel upgrade of the host system is the way to go. Since you are not telling what hardware and installation type you are running your HA on it is difficult to say though.

So I have the CC2652R stick running HA on docker with the latest version. I am also running Z2M with the latest version on docker.

As Ubuntu 18.04 comes with kernel 4.15.0-159 (latest, not ancient though) and this kernel is known to have that buggy CH341 driver baked-in you might be out of luck unless the kernel devs decide to upgrade that faulty driver with the next kernel update (which I doubt they will do).

You can also compile a suitable Ubuntu 18.04 kernel with an updated CH341 driver by yourself. While this is absolutely doable it requires some solid knowledge about Linux kernels in general and the procedure is far from trivial.

I found this through a search engine. Before going the hard path maybe you want to give it a try and swap the USB cable to the coordinator with another (branded) one?

I just upgraded my kernel to 5.40-88-generic and I also upgraded to Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS. However I am still facing same issues.

Have you also tried by changing the USB cable between sever and coordinator?

usb cable? I have just inserted the CC2652R stick into my NUC usb port, wasnt aware of any usb cables.

Well, at least you can rule out a faulty USB cable as the culprit of the problem.

yep thats true

Will try that next weekend. Thanks!!!

Your problems may stem from having the stick too close to the interference from your computer. It is worth putting it at the end of a usb cable, further away from interference. USB 3 ports in particular.

yeah I will give that a go but I doubt that is the issue. This mess has started happening ever since I updated and upgraded my Ubuntu and now its giving me these issues.

Maybe run z2m on another machine, a pi or something.

Yeah I am going to try that and see how it goes. Thanks