Zigbee2mqtt: getting rid of your proprietary Zigbee bridges (Xiaomi, Hue, TRADFRI)

Everything seems a lot more stable now but still receiving MQTT messages after HA restarts. This doesn’t happen when I restart the mosquito addon, just when HA restarts.

Hi,

Been doing tests with recently enabled router.
Everything was working good with single GW, and now added a router as well since I don’t have enough range in apartment it seems.

Because of this I was finally able to integrate a Xiaomi Door/Window sensor.
All seems fine, except I see “ghost” detections.

I think it is isimlar to this topic:

I have enabled Node Red to notify me via Telegram when the door is opened and now it notifies me randomly that the door is open! Luckily, first time it happened I was home so I wasn’t scared that someone was trying to break in…

Anyone else experiencing something similar? Is it because of sensor polling or?

Does anyone know for Xiaomi devices, to unpair them from the Xiaomi bridge is it just a case of deleting them from the MiHome app, or is there another step?

Just delete them from the mi-home app is all thats needed

Lovely, cheers @aidbish

I use the old Xiaomi gateway in my son’s room as a night light and I was trying to sync an old temp sensor with this zigbee2mqtt setup. I didn’t realise until my wife started saying she could hear a Chinese voice coming from upstairs that it was still paired!! Luckily my son was fast asleep!!

Has anyone got an examples of the trigger for Xiaomi cube events?

Hi - has anyone got the Smartthings door sensor to work with zigbee2mqtt? If so, please can you share your pairing procedure, as I can’t get it working.

Thanks

It doesnt really matter I just reverse things in my automations

These are what I have:

Shake
Slide
Tap
Rotate Left
Rotate Right
Flip 90
Flip 180
Fall

Theres also a ‘wakeup’ state that you could automate with but I dont use that as it ‘wakes up’ almost all the time.

Example Automations:
automation_xiaomi_cube.yaml (3.2 KB)

4 Likes

Thanks a lot thats awesome :slight_smile:

I am trying to remove a device on my network. I know that I can send the friendly name as a payload to this topic zigbee2mqtt/bridge/config/remove but I am not having any luck. Can somebody please paste a template so I can just change the name and publish it, it would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: actually figured out I can just use mqtt publish in home assistant

Has anybody found a smart solution for making the stock in-wall switches smarter, preserving the stock/original visual intact (thus scoring a high WAF)?

I see z2mqtt is already compatible with this: https://dzungpv.github.io/dnckatsw001/ but I’m a bit scared of placing a naked printed circuit behind my wall switches. Just wondering if somebody already using an off-the-shelf product instead?

Thanks

Can you provide examples of the commands you used for my and others reference?

I am also interested as to how I could reset a Philips hue bulb after pairing via zigbee2mqtt (before I pair them) :slight_smile:

I use sonoff wifi switches behind existing wall switches. It is 6-7 USD each posted for the basic module. You flash with a custom mqtt firmware (eg. tasmota). However it uses 2.4ghz wifi and MQTT rather than zigbee. It supports using rocker style switches as well. Lots of other threads on the forum about sonoff.

On home assistant mqtt publish set zigbee2mqtt/bridge/config/remove as topic and the device id as the payload

Hi @kiwijunglist,

thanks for your response. I’ve seen a lot of hype around Sonoff but have not yet got around to investigating into them. The WiFi connection puts me off, even more so if I must enable the 2,4Ghz band. I’m also subscribed to a different list and I’ve seen complaints from Sonoff owners, reporting having a few dying on them. Are you happy with Sonoff?

Thanks

This is offtopic, yes i am happy. There are limited options in new Zealand. These cost $6usd ea whereas the zwave switch costs $90-110usd.

Editing devices.js to add a block for every single device supported is quite the maintenance headache, especially with the simultaneous update needed in the zigbee2mqtt project for it to work in Home Assistant.

Is splitting out each device block in devices.js into its own file in a subdirectory something that would be considered? The directory would be scanned at startup so adding support for a new device is as easy as dropping a file in the right place.
Bonus points if the fromZigbee converters could be kept in the same files until they’re deemed “standard” and moved into fromZigbee.js where they can be referenced by several devices.

Have you had any joy? I dont think Samsung is supported at the moment.

It is (according to the documentation here) supported, but I have had no luck in getting it to work - though the developer knows someone who has apparently