Zigbee2mqtt: getting rid of your proprietary Zigbee bridges (Xiaomi, Hue, TRADFRI)

I started today with the Zigbee2mqtt bridge, i have used the wiki to flash the cc2531.
The program said it’s ok, but when i put the cc2531 in my odroid c2 with hassio and zigbee2mqtt addon it will crash my hassio constantly.
Also when it reboot i dont get my homeassistant interface until i pull out the cc2531 out of my odroid c2.

Plug it into your PC and see if you can use that to sniff.
Will confirm if its a faulty stick/flash etc.

only the cc2531 without de cc debugger?
With smart rf packet sniffer from Texas?

Hi,
I want to add new device, but cannot find node_modules/zigbee-shepherd-converters/devices.js, I use “hassio-zigbee2mqtt]”,.

Thanks
Eric

Hi, couple of questions:

1. I see in the Wiki page and on this thread that the mqtt topic is used as trigger in automations. Why are we doing this when we have an entity in home assistant that we can use instead? Given that you use MQTT discovery or has defined the entity as a sensor manually.

2. How are you pairing the sniffer to bulbs etc as these must be close to pair?

I’m guessing a button press doesn’t create an event usable by automation triggers.

Is there any way to check the usb stick for consistency? my system is again acting up and I would like to start troubleshooting that part of the implementation but don’t know how. Does the add-on do that or could this be considered as a feature request (I already opened a issue in Github)?

Hi again,

this is my current configuration on homekit:

homekit:

filter:
    include_domains:
      - cover
      - input_boolean
      - switch

since I have mqtt devices now, homekit does publish both my switch (HA entity) and its sibling mqtt switch (reported by zigbee2mqtt) into home assistant. Does anybody how to filter all the MQTT objects other than individually excluding each of them?

Thx a lot!

I have:
3 Aqara Door Sensors
4 Aqara Temp/Hum Sensors
2 Aqara Leakage Sensors

• 3 Routers (Homebrew, Xiaomi Plug, Osram Smart Plug)

Hey,

Can anyone tell me the trigger I use on the Aqara double wall switch battery version.

- condition: template
value_template: "{{ 'left' == trigger.payload_json.click }}"

Isn’t working.

Thanks!

The easiest way to figure it out is to look at your mqtt stream to see the data that is sent to your broker when you do the action

I worked it out :slight_smile:
The value template is correct.

I had put:

trigger:
    platform: mqtt
    topic: 'zigbee2mqtt/sensor.0x00158d0002133428'

rather than:

trigger:
    platform: mqtt
    topic: 'zigbee2mqtt/0x00158d0002133428'

Are those USA compatible plugs? Struggling to find Xiaomi plugs for USA. All I’m seeing is the Chinese/Australian style plug.

I’ve used your automations as a starting point and all working well except tap…in fact looking at the terminal output from Zigbee2MQTT the ‘tap’ action isn’t even being sent. I ordered Xioami Cube from Bandgood but I seem to have been sent another brand (AQARA?) I’m assuming they are the same but rebranded. Do you think a firmware update of the Cube is needed are am I missing something?

I have been looking at this recently and wanting to integrate ZigBee into HAss rather than using a lot of different hubs.
This seems like a good option. I was wondering if there were plans to have it more “user friendly” with a more integrated control panel, similar to the current ZWave options.
I am okay with some coding, but I am just wanting a more simple, less time consuming way to integrate things.

If this is in the wrong place, feel free to move me in the right direction.

The battery-level from “MCCGQ01LM: Xiaomi MiJia door & window contact sensor (contact)” don’t get the right value. With the original xiaomi hub it’s 45% and now with this solution it’s always 100%

It is correct now. This was asked at GitHub. Battery level is not reported in percentage by the devices, they report their voltage and based on that battery level is calculated.

Ok, but how can i get the battery level?

It published with the topic therefore also in the mqtt sensors created by discovery. In your case is reporting 100% from what you mentioned earlier which is correct.

Aqara are xiaomi’s smart home products