Zigbee2mqtt: getting rid of your proprietary Zigbee bridges (Xiaomi, Hue, TRADFRI)

Please let us know how it goes!

oh i guess I should have bought one with cc2592 instead of cc2590

Two comments.

1. As others have mentioned, the cc2531 range is poor. My Zigbee2mqtt server is in the basement, and my only Zigbee devices are in the third floor master. I can’t get a cc2531 flashed router to connect one floor directly above the server. I was hoping to use one router flashed cc2531 on each floor to extend the range. The only way I can make the distance work is to use a cat5 usb extender from the server to attic with the cc2531 coordinator in the attic. Even then, I have very weak signal across the room.

2. I only have Tradfri devices, and Zigbee2mqtt doesn’t seem as reliable as the tradfri gateway.

I’m also unsure how, or if it’s even possible, to have a tradfri dimmer directly control a tradfri bulb and have them both paired to Zigbee2mqtt.

how do i connect an phillips hue dimmer remote to it ?

I am using the dongle but still only in a test mode. Never used any other coordinator type but Xiaomi original hub so it is difficult for me to make any comparisons.
Currently it has a single Xiaomi presence and illuminance sensor, works very stable. The distance is about 6-7 meters behind a brick wall and link quality is about 70. Tried to move it further away and behind a reinforced concrete wall, link quality falls down to 0-10.

Are the pink lines the Osrams and the blue one the Xi. sensor? Looks good, an increase of 20-30%…

The 9db antenna probably doesn’t fit by impedance and/or other electric parameters. Luckily it didn’t blow up the cc2590 antenna amplifier. (the included antenna is probably matched with the antenna amplifier).

Thanks for the update.

yep good point about the impedance. I read about that when comparing cc259x components.

in fact, there’re 4 curves, 3 osram plugs and on aqara sensor.
the aqara sensor is the pink with more red in it. :slight_smile: hope it’s helping :slight_smile:
I was also wrong this aqara sensor is not the one in my freezer, it’s one in my stairs :slight_smile:

temperature sensor? Is it working fine in a freezer?

apart from the battery lasting less, yep it’s ok. humidity averages to 53% in the freezer and 22% in the fridge.
But hmm that makes me think I should put the sensor on some kind of support so that it doesn’t get wet if something wrong happens :slight_smile:

my freezer is -24C, yours?

looks like mine doesn’t go under -21.5°C and average (on several days) is -17.8°C

mmmhh specs are
" -20 - 60 ° C (+/- 0,3 ° C)"

I do not need a precise temperature, but I am wondering if the device WORKS below -20: I would just use it as alarm if temperature drops below a certain level

i guess it will still work. it might just report -24°C as something around -20°C.
you have to try :wink:

Correction, we both should have bought this beast!

my hue bulb became unreleiable and now i got errors with evrey action.
how to fix this error

zigbee2mqtt:info 2018-10-11 16:51:09 Zigbee publish to '0x001788010302ca10', genOnOff - on - {} - null
  zigbee2mqtt:error 2018-10-11 16:51:10 Zigbee publish to '0x001788010302ca10', genOnOff - on - {} - null failed with error Error: AF data request fails, status code: 233. MAC no ack.

phillips hue bulb (with the white hue adjustment)

AMy Xiaomi temperature sensor is no longer reporting any temperature changes as of two days ago. How can I fix this?

I add an Ikea dimmable led light, to zigbee2mqtt.
How I add this in lights.yaml

• platform: “mqtt_json”
    name: “IkeaLedbed_jos”
    state_topic: “zigbee2mqtt/IkeaLedbed_jos”
    command_topic: “zigbee2mqtt/IkeaLedbed_jos/set”
    brightness_state_topic: ‘zigbee2mqtt/IkeaLedbed_jos/brightness’
    brightness_command_topic: ‘zigbee2mqtt/IkeaLedbed_jos/set’
    qos: 0
    payload_on: “ON”
    payload_off: “OFF”
    optimistic: false

the lights is add, I can put on/off but I can’t change the brightness

if it is the ikea led driver i have one configured as below, and i can set the brightness just fine.

• platform: “mqtt_json”
    name: “Bed_Light”
    state_topic: “zigbee2mqtt/0x000b57fffee3fd98”
    availability_topic: “zigbee2mqtt/bridge/state”
    brightness: true
    command_topic: “zigbee2mqtt/0x000b57fffee3fd98/set”
1 Like

Hello guys first of all thanks for all the work you put in this project!

I’m a newbie to Home Assistant and all this stuff but i got the zigbee2mqtt addon in combination with the Mosquitto MQTT broker kind of working.
The zigbee2mqtt service is connecting to the broker and i can pair my xiaomi aqara zigbee temperature sensors which also output their values in the zigbee2mqtt addon log.
Now that i’ve got this working i’d like to add the temperature sensor to my front page but therefore i need an entity id and thats where i’m having problems because they are not showing up under the states menu in HA. Might be a noob problem but i don’t know how to solve this now after a few hours of troubleshooting…
would really appreciate some help.
Thanks guys!

You’ll need to create the entity, see here: https://www.home-assistant.io/components/sensor.mqtt/