Zigbee2mqtt: getting rid of your proprietary Zigbee bridges (Xiaomi, Hue, TRADFRI)

Thank you for your answer. Do you have a source saying that this firmware is compatible with the CC2530?

Hi! How did you connect the CC2530 Router to homeassistant? I cant get it to work. Which firmware do you use?

Sorry I don’t use it anymore I have the Deconz usb stick now and haven’t looked back.

What’s the best router device to use multiple Xiaomi Sensors?

At the moment I have two Osram Plugs but they don’t seem to work as routers for Aqara Sensors. Will Hue or Tradfri work? Or the Aqara Lightbulb ZNLDP12LM ? Or is the best solution to flash the router firmware to additional CC2531 devices?

I’d like to know this too. I’m thinking of getting some Xiaomi smart plugs. I moved one of my hue lights to Z2M and had nothing but problems with the light randomly doing things on it’s own. It was possesd. So I moved it back to my hue hub and all good again.

I’m thinking either some xiaomi smart plugs or flashing an additional CC2531 device like you said.

Im running muliple xiaomi devices through my hue color bulb. Add your bulb first then the xiaomi stuff.
Or if you have the xiaomi stuff all ready talking to your CC2531 then run the pair zigbee service and press the reset button on your xiaomi device. It should try to connect to the strongest signal, in my case the hue bulb.

If you can, add the zigbee2mqtt map addon. It helps to see what is connecting through what.

One of my xiaomi sensors is connected to the osram plug. So it is generally possible to use the osram plugs as router.

@IamDan the issue I was having was not with the Xiaomi sensors but the hue bulb itself randomly Turing on and off. I just gave up with it.

Is it just too far away? Can you get another bulb to put inbetween?

Nah. It was just being stupid. Works fine where it is with the hue hub.

@kurniawan77 - I just saw you Liked the not working config post - Vasiley made it possible with a map.

- alias: z2m_sz_dimmerswitches
    hide_entity: true
    trigger:
    - platform: mqtt
      topic: 'zigbee2mqtt/0x00178801105efead' 
      topic: 'zigbee2mqtt/0x00178801103f10fc' 
      topic: 'zigbee2mqtt/sz_dimmer_eingang'
      topic: 'zigbee2mqtt/sz_dimmer_bett'
    condition:
      condition: or
      conditions:
        - condition: template
          value_template: "{{ 'on' == trigger.payload_json.action }}"
          value_template: "{{ 'up-press' == trigger.payload_json.action }}"
          value_template: "{{ 'up-hold' == trigger.payload_json.action }}"
          value_template: "{{ 'down-press' == trigger.payload_json.action }}"
          value_template: "{{ 'down-hold' == trigger.payload_json.action }}"
          value_template: "{{ 'off' == trigger.payload_json.action }}"
    action:
    - service: scene.turn_on
      data_template:
        entity_id: >-
          {%- set scene_map = {'on':'scene.sz_max',
                         'up-press':'scene.sz_arbeiten',
                       'down-press':'scene.sz_poppen',
                        'down-hold':'scene.sz_lesen',
                              'off':'scene.sz_aus'} -%}
          {{ scene_map[trigger.payload_json.action] }}
1 Like

I did it this way…

alias: Hue Dimmer
trigger:
  topic: 'zigbee2mqtt/Hue Dimmer Switch'
action:
- service: mqtt.publish
  data_template:
    topic: bookshelves/leds/set
    payload_template: >
      {% if is_state('sensor.hue_dim_sw_01', 'off') %}
        {"state":"OFF"}
      {% elif is_state('sensor.hue_dim_sw_01', 'on') %}
        {"state":"ON"}
      {% else %}
        {"state":"ON","brightness": {{ trigger.payload_json.brightness | int }} }
      {% endif %}

i scrolled a bit throught this thread, but did not find something: I had to use a USB CC2531 Dongle and cannot use a existing Philips hue bridge to add Xiaomi devices, right?

Are there any recommendations for such a dongle (for Germany or Europe)?

Thx

Good idea! Had such a hard time getting it working with mqtt that I completely forgotten the regular sensor.

1 Like

Hi, I switched from stable to to edge version of zigbee2mqtt hass.io plugin few days ago. When started it reports commit #e21bfc1, which is from Jan 19. 4 days passed, there were 11 commits to dev branch since then, but hass.io doesn’t show that the add-on has new version available. Is it expected behaviour?

There are links all over the place. Look on the github page in the 1st post, or search the usual places (aliexpress, gearbest etc etc).

I have the exact same problem!

Did you solve it?

You are right. You cant control or receive information from Xiaomi devices with the HUE bridge.

Just buy a CC2531 as mentioned on github. If you have a house or big flat you might need a CC2530 as range extender.

Uninstall and reinstall the addon to update the dev version.

I was wrong with the Osram Plugs.

I bought two additional Hue Bulbs and configured one CC2531 Router. Then I paired all my Sensors and in the Network Map I can see that some sensors are routed trough the Osram Plugs.

Zigbee2MQTT now works great in my 80 square meters appartment with 5 routers and 25 end devices.