Zigbee2mqtt: getting rid of your proprietary Zigbee bridges (Xiaomi, Hue, TRADFRI)

No. Not for zigbee2mqtt.

Cool, thanks for the clarification.

Thanks, I had left it for a few days and also couldnā€™t see anything in Zigbee2mqttassistant. I switched back to the original and everything immediately started working again so I guess I got a dud.

Tried now to use the new OTA update function in 1.11 and it worked without any issues! :smiley:

Updated a TrƄdfri bulb, will continue with my other devices.

Cool, thanks for the feedback.

A pull request is made to zigbee2mqtt assistant, seems to be a smooth way to see what devices have updates available:

1 Like

Just should anyone be in a position I was in, which is
banging head against wall due to limited knowledge of what I am doing, hope the below helps!

Iā€™ve managed to get my raspberry pi ā€œzigbee on a stickā€ to work with ser2net integration on zigbee2mqtt.

Using the guide https://www.zigbee2mqtt.io/how_tos/how_to_connect_to_a_remote_adapter.html the main issue I was having is adding the correct adaptor path and name into the ser2net config file.

Found a github issues page which assisted https://github.com/Koenkk/zigbee2mqtt/issues/144

run ls /dev/serial/by-id/ on the device which the zigbee stick is plugged into. Should result in somthing like this:

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ ls /dev/serial/by-id
usb-Texas_Instruments_TI_CC2531_USB_CDC___YOUR RADIO ID-if00

Once you get that adapter path from the above, add it to the entry listed in step 2 of the main zigbee2mqtt guide.

For example mine looked something like this:

20108:raw:0:/dev/serial/by-id/usb-Texas_Instruments_TI_CC2531_USB_CDC___XXXXXXXXXXX3-if00:115200 8DATABITS NONE 1STOPBIT

Added Step 3 to my zigbee2mqtt home assistant config, rebooted home assistant just for good measure, stopped the zigbee2mqtt service until I was sure my pi was fully rebooted and running. Then started my zigbee2mqtt addon.
No idea if it matters or not but thought id always turn off the addon should the pi be dead or rebooting.

Hope this helps someone else who is of limted knowledge as me :slight_smile:

Is anyone using multiple CC2531 devices with hassio? I have one acting as a coordinator and it is working fine but Iā€™m starting to pushing the limit that devices has on devices so I was wondering on using a second one that I have lying around and use it as a router. But canā€™t seem to find guides on how to add this router to hassio, so any help would be appreciated :slight_smile:

You donā€™t add the router to HA. You pair it with zigbee2mqtt and it will be autodiscovered.

You mean as a network booster?

Yes, I have three of them as routers, they work great.

Itā€™s easy.
Flash the CC2531 with:

Then allow devices to join and power on the CC2531, and it well join.

Thatā€™s it.

1 Like

Donā€™t you have any other devices already acting as routers? I have 3 IKEA Tradfri bulbs, and all are routers out of the box.
Another options is the IKEA signal repeater, 10ā‚¬ with power adapter and case vs 7ā‚¬ the naked CC2531 board.

I use two Tradfri Routers with Xiaomi sensors, Yale locks, Tradfri motion sensors and Hue switches without issue.

You have a nice map. If you compare with mine :

1 Like

The repeater is a plug and play thing, or do I still need to pair it with z2m?

Just pair by pushing a pin into the switch

It will take a day to find the optimum pathā€¦

It doesnā€™t seem to be closest unit as my door lock and the router itā€™s connected to are 15 meters away from each other.

You also have 5 outlets acting as repeaters. Do you need also the 3 CC2531 because of distance, or the outlets have low power radio?

I use them as kill switches, not because they have low power radio. I still have 2 ikea motion sensors, 4 aquara human body sensors, 2 aquara door/window sensors and a mija temerature sensor that need to be added.

Edit :
Oh, the reason I have 3 CC2531 as routers: I originally bought 2 CC2531 sticks, one to use as coordinator, one to use as router upstairs. Then I saw the stick with added antenna, I thought it would be better, so I bought another one. Still was not satisfied, as the pi I run zigbee2mqtt on is located on the far end of the house, where my telephone line and VDSL-line arrive. When I found out about the possibility to use a CC2530 connected to an esp01 as coordinator, I switched again. No my coordinator is located in the middle of the house. No sense in wasting the CC2531ā€™s, so I flashed them with the router firmware.

Oh man that sounds like my buying pattern! I also have a CC26X2R1 to get working.