Zigbee2mqtt: getting rid of your proprietary Zigbee bridges (Xiaomi, Hue, TRADFRI)

Actually I do and installed zigbee2mqtt network map and saw that I have no need for another router :slight_smile:

Can anyone confirm if battery level should work with Xiaomi devices?
I have some of the Xiaomi/Aquara temperature/humidity sensors and some door contact and motion sensors.
Everything is permanently showing 100% battery level, but they have been running for monthsā€¦
Voltage level in the MQTT messages varies from 3005 to 3055 on the ones Iā€™ve seen, but level is always 100.

Does with me. I have a few door/window contact sensors from Aqara, and three Zigbee and three BT devices from aqara. All send a battery level. :slight_smile:

Works for me. indeed Very low consumption and Iā€™ve had some for a year and still in high 90% of battery!

I would phrase the question a bit different: are the values sent by those devices reliable?

I assume that those values are the same ones that the original gateway would get and send over to the app, right?

Looking at the raw data from mine until it drops below 3v it seems to show 100%

A lot of mind have started dropping after 3 months

I think so. My xiaomi temperature sensors are at 80%, my aqara human body sensors still at 100%

To me they look reliable. Not all are 100%, have some at 91%, 97%, 100% etc. Depending on the device and the activity seems to drop faster or slower.

It is more the ikea stuff that is not reliable. I replaced the battery of my E1743 before trying to upgrade, but it still shows the same battery level as before I changed the battery.

Ace, thanks for the responses.
I will keep an eye over the next few months and it sounds like Iā€™ll start seeing then drop. :+1:

I have a cc2531 and started connecting some xiaomi things to it. Though how matter how close I hold the sensors to the antenna the lqi stays below 150. I even soldered an external antenna to the cc2531, but even with that I get the same results. Iā€™m wondering what lqi other people are getting with the cc2531?

I see values from about 20 to about 120. I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever seen as high as 150 :smiley:

Ohw, ok. I was under impression any lower then 200 was badā€¦ In that case, mine isnā€™t bad at all. Though in 1 meter distance it goes down to 120 :joy:

Thank God I have have 8 of those Ikea repeaters here :smile:

Does anyone get:

zigbee2mqtt:debug 2020-04-07 08:43:03: Skipping re-transmitted Xiaomi message

After a while? I think some sensors are being routed through the zigbee wall sockets acting as routers, I saw a github issue which said to change firmware on the CC2531 but it doesnā€™t do anything.

Are you able to explain in a bit more detail what you did to fix the issue? I appear to have Mosquito and Zigbee2MQTT setup correctly using auto-discover, however no devices show as entities for me.
I have installed Zigbee2MQTTAssistant and the devices show up there so I am not sure why they arenā€™t showing as entities.

It sounds as though you managed to fix the same issue I am currently experiencing.
By eliminating the Mosquito integration, do you mean deleting the integration and plug-in, or just the integration?

EDIT looks as though I have now fixed it.
Looks as though I have now fixed this.
I removed the MQTT config from configuration.yaml and removed the MQTT integration.
I then rebooted and added the integration again saying to discover and the plug has now appeared as expected. I have also added another test device and had it show successfully.

On reddit they said i would not need to flash the firmware of this CC2531 in order to get it woring with zigbee2mqtt

https://www.itead.cc/cc2531-usb-dongle.html

Is this accurate?

I have seen that claimed. I havenā€™t tried one though.

They arenā€™t difficult to flash though.

1 Like

See ITEAD of Sonoff fame now sells a very inexpensive Zigbee USB dongle that should work out-of-the-box with both Zigbee2mqtt and the ZHA integration

1 Like

i have several xiaomi zhirui downlights and bulbs, i can pair them all ONE BY ONE, if i add 2 consecutives on configuration.yaml i can only see the last one, if i add for example 7 i still can see only the last one. why this happens?

Mine arrived this week and it worked out of the box with zigbee2mqtt. I set up a Xiaomi Aqara Cube with it.

1 Like