Zigbee2mqtt: getting rid of your proprietary Zigbee bridges (Xiaomi, Hue, TRADFRI)

Did you give it a go? I am now thinking about connecting the same to HA.

Yap

Ive moved from Xiaomi hubs to a conbee / zigbee2mqtt setup over the weekend but I have an issue with my quality.

All my devices show very close to the same lqi despite being scattered around the house. They also all increase slightly over time.

All devices are Xiaomi motion sensors, thermometers or buttons.

Any ideas please?

Thank you

No worry, as long as they work.

did you ever solve this, could find any info sorry.

Thank you.

Conbee support in Z2M is still experimental.

Same here, the lqi keeps getting higher and higher till its the max (255 or so) and then everything goes back to 0 and builds up. Each day it goes from 0 - 255. I havenā€™t experienced issues though with reaching or controlling devices. I hope conbee will be out of beta soon though.

Have a look at

Zigbee2mqtt are aware of issue but it is a problem with conbee as below. Would be great if you could add your comments to the below thread if experiencing issues too.

1 Like

Hello,

Do you know how to reset philips hue bulbs with zigbee2mqtt?

I donā€™t have a hue bridge or a hue remote control only the bulbs.

I read that there was a procedure with the six digit serial number written on the bulb but I did not succeed.

If anyone has the info ā€¦

Thanks to all of you.

Have you tried this https://www.zigbee2mqtt.io/information/touchlink.html#factory-reset-device

Yes I tried, but apparently not compatibleā€¦

I specify that I have a dongle conbee 2

Thanks you

Currently working on a new zigbee stick running the TI CC2652P, which has an extra 20db gain.

3 Likes

What module you will use?

The RF-Star RF-BM-2652P2

Cool! :+1:
I am currently using CC1352P(E79 EBYTE) on my network and manufacturing another Coordinator with CC2652P(E72 EBYTE) for 20db, but since the russians made the ā€œStick V4ā€ using RF-Star RF-BM-2652P1/P2, I also wanted to make one with it.

afaik Conbee2 doesnā€™t support touch link.

IMO there are two ways left:

1. using original hue hub
  2. using hue dimmer

You can find videos on yt with the procedure

Ok thank you for your answer, is there any need to attach the remote control to the conbee before starting the procedure ?

No. Itā€™s operation specific to the pair of hue bulb and dimmer.
However Iā€™m not sure whether dimmer has to be un-paired from z2m or not.

Nice! I believe you may have issues with the Ebyte E72, and trying to use it with the current coordinator software. The 20db switch is on different gpios. See here: https://github.com/Koenkk/Z-Stack-firmware/tree/master/coordinator/Z-Stack_3.x.0/bin

Iā€™m currently waiting on RF-Star to ship me some RF-BM-2652P2 modules so I can start testing.

1 Like

Struggling to get a 2530+2591 as a router connected to my network.

I have my Permit join = true (and verifying in the log its setting it as true)
Im using the same CC debugger that flashed by 2531 (smart RF), and it successfully writes the firmware and verifies it but powering it up and I donā€™t get it connecting to my network.

Flashed using this firmware:
https://github.com/Koenkk/Z-Stack-firmware/blob/016b04ecfda61a240d9be86726500d2dfc7fb1d2/router/Z-Stack_Home_1.2/bin/CC2530_CC2591_router_2020_09_29.zip

I have two devices, both bought from this link:

Both units are not connecting and Im struggling to work out why!