Zigbee2mqtt: show the networkmap in home assistant

Have you dev version of Z2M? Because in my map there is a bug, between coordinator and router (xioami plug)there is only a line and not 2, and all end point devices connect with router are not displayed as connect but online without lines

No, I am running the release version 1.4.0.
After adding more devices I too am seeing this behaviour.

What is “this”.

The behaviour mentioned by ASYSCOM. ie. Devices that are obviously connected because they are responding to commands but are showing as not connected in the network map.

It seems that the network mapping is not 100% correct. Obviously it seems to have improved, but I think that we have to accept it as imperfect at this stage.

I am currently running this component as per instructions above and it works flawlessly. I am considering moving to HACS, but does anyone know if this component is available in HACS or can run in parallel? When looking at the instructions, I see the specific remark in HACS that custom component needs to be deleted:

"Moving from custom_updater

If you have custom_updater installed you need to remove that (rename the directory or delete it completely). You will also need to remove the custom_updater entry from your configuration.yaml file.
HACS and custom_updater can not operate on the same installation."

I have HAC’s installed. Although I’ve not installed anything from it’s list of installable add-ons. Still reading on there usage.

However, Z2M mapper is not on the list. As of this writing.

1 Like

So you have HACS and zigbee map running at the same time?

Yes, why wouldn’t you?

Yes.

And it’s working well.
However. I assume I’ll need to change that when this is ready.

hey,

i am interested in changing the friendly names rather than the original alpha-numeric names. But, when i attempted this in the past it messed up the pairing and i list control of them and had to re-flash my coordinator. i really don want to have to do this again.

did changing the friendly name using your method change the behaviour or anything of the devices/addon/network?

thanks

No. It seems as, under the hood Hass handles real name and friendly name seamlessly.

I see that Akriss has already replied. I comply with his assessment. No other change is evident.
I did notice however that you must now use the friendly name to remove the device using the method described in the documentation. MQTT topics and message structure | zigbee2mqtt.io

Thanks to both of you

Some work is going on HACS support here https://github.com/rgruebel/ha_zigbee2mqtt_networkmap/pull/13

1 Like

Hello, I’ve updated to the last version of zigbee2mqtt but I still have the same bug in map, all end device connect to the router are displayed without lines and between router and coordinator there is only a single line and not double. Ive tried to repair all devuces with any result.

Any help?

Are the devices all working? If so, stop worrying.

Absolutely yes…mine is only a “visual” problem :slight_smile:

I have the same issue after updating the zigbee2mqtt addon to 1.5.1.1, thought I’d broken things as the addon needed a different config setup…but all is working just the map layout broken.

Updating the ha_zigbee2mqtt_networkmap sorted it though :slight_smile:

Noob here, I followed this guide, copied zigbee2mqtt_networkmap to /config/custom_components. After restarting Hassio - Developer tools - Services, “zigbee2mqtt_networkmap.update” is not in the list, and if you enter it and try to call, it throws “Failed to call service, service not found”.
Also tried to copy the www folder’s contents to /config/www/zigbee2mqtt_networkmap, same result.
What did I do wrong?
Zigbee2mqtt ver, 1.5.1.1
Hassio ver, 0.96.3