Zigbee2MQTT - Tuya 4-button Scene Switch (TS0044)

Ill throw this out here… I just wrote a pure zigbee blueprint for the same device… Im not currently running MQTT but this may help some others out:

How can I modify this to work with the Star Ring switch? Moes ZT-SR-EU4 control via MQTT | Zigbee2MQTT

Under Z2MQTT it shows the model number as TS0044, but this Blueprint doesn’t work for it.

If you find this blueprint no longer works I’ve applied a small fix here.

it’s essentially the same blueprint except for 1 line removed under "trigger:
“attribute: action”.

You might want to see if this one works for you.

4 Likes

Lovely, just recieved 4 of these remotes and it did NOT work with this blueprint in the thread, but yours do. Many thanks and a Happy New 2024!!

1 Like

Has anyone getting native groups to work ? E.g., binding this switch to a groupid other than 0, and then sending group messages ?

[disclosure, my switch is a MOES switch reporting at this TUYA switch, maybe it has a different or broken firmware. Manufacturer ID is _TZ3000_wkai4ga5]

This would allow to switch groups even if the coordinator is offline.

I know I can get this to work with deconz/phoscon app, but I would prefer a native way.

If it’s not possible, can someone recommend a scene switch that DOES work natively with zigbee groups ?

Many thanks, and happy 2024!

Thank you. I will try it out. However I discovered (weirdly) that this blueprint works with the Moes ZT-SR-EU4.

I Have MOES 4 Gang Tuya ZigBee labeled TS0044, but the payload is not the actions string. I had to modify your blueprint: Comparing konnectedvn:master...kaqq:master · konnectedvn/hass-config · GitHub
in my case, the payload is:
payload: '{"action":"1_single","battery":100,"linkquality":63,"voltage":3000}'

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the fix !

I’ve been trying to use this Blueprint for a long while and still it’s a completely hit or miss. I usually have to press it like 5 or 6 times for it to respond.

The end device works with the same service call I’m using (light.toggle) when done in the UI.

I have been checking the traces and it’s always this same error. So the payload gets detected, and Option 1 is chosen, but then something happens and throws an error so it doesn’t send the service call.

No clue where to look to debug it. :S Any help would be appreciated.

Have a look at the post rdeangel (a few posts above yours). He made a new blueprint that works for me.

2 Likes

Yes, it worked wonderfully! Thanks!

2 Likes

I updated Zigbee2Mqtt and Home Assistant Core and now only one click works. Is it just me?

1 Like

Does not work when using Input Select: Next to cycle through scenes. Normal operations on the a regular light bulb work for me. I’m able to cycle through the scene entities using a separate automation as shown below:

alias: test
description: ""
trigger:
  - platform: device
    domain: mqtt
    device_id: some_device_ID
    type: action
    subtype: 3_single
    discovery_id: some_device_ID action_3_single
condition: []
action:
  - service: input_select.select_next
    target:
      entity_id: input_select.scene_entities
    data:
      cycle: true
  - service: scene.turn_on
    target:
      entity_id: "{{ states('input_select.scene_entities')}}"
mode: single

Edit: It doesn’t look like you can have more than a single action per press (i.e. you can’t call Light Bulb 1: Toggle and Light Bulb 2: Toggle. Only Light Bulb 1: Toggle will work)

Hi Guy,
I’m new in Home Assistant and I try to use a TS0044 button, my mqtt setup and Zigbee2MQTT setup seems to be ok because I successfully pairing my button and my roller.
Regarding my roller all is OK, but I have an issue with my button x4 TS0044
I can see in equipement event “button 1 single” “button 2 single” “button 1 double” but nothing is working in blueprint script.
When I excute manualy automation I was an error with :slight_smile:
command: ‘{{ trigger.to_state.state }}’
I changed it as I saw in forum by :
command: “{{ trigger.payload_json }}”
Now I don’t get error with manual execution but when I push a button nothing :frowning:
Can you help me?
I give you screenshots
Thank you so much for your help

I can only get single click to work as well.

hello,
what is that blueprint good for? as its natively supported by haas?

thanks!

Same problem here. Stopped working for some reason (not even sure when). I get the Z2M evens correctly (I checked the log file of the sensor entity and I see the events) but for some reason the automation itself does not execute.
Can anyone help ?

Solved.
The Entity ID includes the attribute. In my case the entity ID looked like that:
sensor.0x847127fffe27cc14_action
In the blue print the trigger was based on the entity ID and the attribute (“Action”).

I removed the attribute from the trigger (put a # in front of it) and it started to work:
trigger:

• platform: state
    entity_id: !input switch

attribute: action

1 Like