Zigbee2MQTT - Tuya 4-button Scene Switch (TS0044)

Check this…

ALSO, if you want to roll your own version of this and eliminate the null triggers causing you to have to click 2x to get it to respond, this, with adjusting the triggers, should help.

Hello. Does anyone have a solution to the single action problem? Even from the last post it is not clear to me how to solve it. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

I was using this blueprint and started facing issues. I’ve created a new blueprint which should solve all the issues users are facing. Here you go: Tuya TS004F: 4 Button Wireless Switch - Zigbee2MQTT (2022)

I moved over to NodeRed which isn’t necessarily a better solution just a different one.

@tnorman can you share your NR flow?

My scene switches had the same issue that out of multiple actions only the first action was executed. This happend after upgrading to 2022.11 from 2022.09. I think they changed something how the automation modes work. In the blueprint the mode (line 82) is set to “restart”. I changed this to “parallel” and now everthing works. I think that this is not an issue with zigbee or the scene switches, as the automation is triggered correctly, only problem is that it only executes the first action. I restarted HA after modifying the blueprint (\config\blueprints\automation)

1 Like

in my case also only execute the first action.

I confirm if you change the “restart” to “parallel” and after restart the HA it’s work again

Work perfect. Thanks a lot.

I also confirm changing Restart to parallel works…

TLDR - See end for resolution

Overnight my switch has just stopped being picked up by any automations using the blueprint. (It’s listed as a device in there, but not triggering)

I can see that messages are coming through in Zigbee2MQTT addon, for example:

Zigbee2MQTT:info  2022-12-22 08:47:52: MQTT publish: topic 'zigbee2mqtt/0x70ac08fffe77d37e/action', payload '3_single'

… but nothing in my automation is being acted on.

How else can I debug? The switch is definitely online and visible in zigbee2MQTT, and I have re-paired it also.

Have also tried to recreate the automation and nothing happens

Device is
(0x70ac08fffe77d37e): TS0044 - TuYa Wireless switch with 4 buttons (EndDevice)

The only thing I can find is this in the supervisor log, but this may have been happening yesterday when it was working fine…

22-12-22 10:20:12 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.addons.options] Unknown option 'base_topic' for Zigbee2MQTT (45df7312_zigbee2mqtt)

---- Further updates—

Something is just not quite right with the blueprint. I can create a new automation, not using a blueprint, with YAML code below, and works fine - just for the 1_single press for example

alias: New Automation
description: ""
trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id:
      - sensor.0x70ac08fffe77d37e_action
    to: 1_single
condition: []
action:
  - service: light.toggle
    data: {}
    target:
      entity_id: light.office_down_light
mode: single

Here is my code that does nothing

alias: Zigbee2MQTT - Tuya 4-Button Scene Switch
description: ""
use_blueprint:
  path: Stringer/zigbee2mqtt-tuya-4-button-scene-switch-ts0044.yaml
  input:
    switch: sensor.0x70ac08fffe77d37e_action
    button_one_short_press:
      - service: light.toggle
        data: {}
        target:
          entity_id:
            - light.office_down_light
    button_two_short_press: []
    button_three_short_press: []
    button_four_short_press: []

UPDATE: resolution
I had to remove attribute: action from the blueprint yaml

1 Like

Great work Oddiwahn, this solved my issue that only the first action runs and after that the other actions are cancelled.

1 Like

Can this blueprint be modified to allow for more than 1 device/entity to be added?
e.g. I’d like 2 remotes placed on either side of the room to do the exact same thing, but without having to manage and update 2 separate and identical automations.

To answer my own question, you can, and it works really well.

Change this:

selector:
        entity:
          integration: mqtt
          domain: sensor
          multiple: false

To this:

selector:
        entity:
          integration: mqtt
          domain: sensor
          multiple: true

Has anybody been able to solve this? The blueprint is working fine in latest HA2023.04.1, but it still only executes first action of a script when a button is pressed.

Are only a few models working with this blueprint or all TS0044 devices?

I have TS0044 here that looks different but is a 4 button remote scene switch
_TZ3000_mh9px7cq

It’s not working with this blueprint, any suggestions?

/edit:
Nevermind, this comment fixed it:

Works here!

OMG I was going nuts thinking it was in pairing mode, but I couldn’t pair it. I replaced the cell and it’s now paired.

Apparently there are firmware updates for some of these devices, to address battery drain. I don’t know how to do a firmware update so I’m stuck for now replacing cells every now and then.

I got this error when start Z2M, any one know how to fix this?

[12:21:23] INFO: Preparing to start...
[12:21:23] INFO: Socat not enabled
[12:21:24] INFO: Starting Zigbee2MQTT...
Error: Cannot find module 'TS004F.ts'
Require stack:
- /app/dist/util/utils.js
- /app/dist/util/settings.js
- /app/index.js
    at Function.Module._resolveFilename (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1026:15)
    at Function.Module._load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:871:27)
    at Module.require (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1098:19)
    at require (node:internal/modules/cjs/helpers:108:18)
    at Object.getExternalConvertersDefinitions (/app/lib/util/utils.ts:169:25)
    at getExternalConvertersDefinitions.next (<anonymous>)
    at new ExternalConverters (/app/lib/extension/externalConverters.ts:12:20)
    at new Controller (/app/lib/controller.ts:84:58)
    at start (/app/index.js:106:18)

My configuration.yaml
/config/zigbee2mqtt/configuration.yaml

homeassistant: true
mqtt:
  server: mqtt://192.168.1.8:1883
  user: ####
  password: ########
serial:
  port: tcp://192.168.1.8:6638
  adapter: ezsp
frontend:
  port: 8099
advanced:
  homeassistant_legacy_entity_attributes: false
  legacy_api: false
  legacy_availability_payload: false
  log_syslog:
    app_name: Zigbee2MQTT
    eol: /n
    host: localhost
    localhost: localhost
    path: /dev/log
    pid: process.pid
    port: 514
    protocol: udp4
    type: '5424'
  log_level: debug
device_options:
  legacy: false
devices:
  '0xa4c1387610dcb479':
    friendly_name: TY6key 1
external_converters:
  - TS004F.ts

Earlier this year I started having issues with battery drain with multiple Tuya Zigbee Scene Switches.
It was solved by updating the firmware on my Sonoff Zigbee Dongle. An update to Zigbee code in HA or Z2M needed to be mirrored in the dongle firmware. I think Ikea switches had a similar issue with the Zigbee coordinator.
They have worked perfectly since.
Koenkk/Z-Stack-firmware: Compilation instructions and hex files for Z-Stack firmwares (github.com)

Trying to use this blueprint in my installation with my TS0044 switch …
I can import the blueprint, I can create an automation (using the action part of the device as input) - but nothing shows up in the traces when clicking a button ?

Update: Solved by Zigbee2MQTT - Tuya 4-button Scene Switch (TS0044) - #54 by just.bondarenko