Zigbee2MQTT - Tuya 4-button Scene Switch (TS0044)

Just bought this switch (Moes brand) but neither this blueprint nor others work with this device. I think there’s a problem with Z2M or something similar.

Had to change the automation mode to single to make it work again in recent > 2023.6 versions of Homeassistent.

care to explain? I am not sure about what setting you are refering to :frowning:

You might want to activate scenes. That way you can set the lights the way you want and connect a scene activation to button presses. Of course you would also need to define a scene to switch everthing off…

Sure. I did have only little time when I wrote my comment so here comes the more detailed version:

I use this blueprint for about two years now, I think.

With the most recent hass.core update suddenly only esphome devices, homematic devices and exactly one zigbee device would react on a button press.

The button press activates a scene.

Strangely enough in the automation, if I ran the single action associated with the button press everything works fine.

Turns out that the button release would retrigger the automation and because the mode is set to restart, it would – wait for it – restart. Not activating the other zigbee lights in my scene.

You can read more about it on github

So by locating the line

mode: restart

in the blueprint source
and change it to

mode: single 

everythings works fine for me again.

3 Likes

Hi everyone. I configured this beautiful 4-stick pushbutton panel from Moes in Zigbee2Mqtt. I imported the Blueprint project. I tried to associate button 1 with turning a lamp on and off (toggle) with a single press. But it does not work !!! . I can’t understand where I’m wrong.
Conversely, if I create an automation (not using the BluePrint project) it turns the light on and off but with all 4 buttons
Can you help me please ? I attach the yaml code. Thanks to those who answer me.

alias: Moes4Gang
description: “”
use_blueprint:
path: Stringer/zigbee2mqtt-tuya-4-button-scene-switch-ts0044.yaml
input:
switch: sensor.moes4_action
button_one_short_press:
- service: light.toggle
data: {}
target:
entity_id: light.lampada_studio

I imported the Blueprint project. I associated button 1 (single press) with turning on a light. But it doesn’t work for me. TS0044 is already seen by Zigbee2Mqtt. I attach the yaml code that generated that blueprint project for me.

aka: Zigbee2MQTT - Tuya 4-Button Scene Switch
use_blueprint:
input:
button_one_short_press:
date: {}
target:

I can’t understand where I’m wrong. Could you give me a hand to configure at least button n.1? Thank you

I imported the blueprint project. I tried to associate two different lights with button 1 and 2 (single press). But it does not work. I attach the yaml file. Can you help me where I’m wrong? Thank you so much.

alias: Zigbee2MQTT - Tuya 4-Button Scene Switch
use_blueprint:
input:
button_one_short_press:
target:
button_two_short_press:
target:
entity_id: light.lampada_salotto

Thanks! This fix worked perfectly :slight_smile:

I pulled the latest blueprint and had issues. I removed the attribute: command line at 92 and it began working. I think the restart or queued mode is also necessary.

1 Like

Ill throw this out here… I just wrote a pure zigbee blueprint for the same device… Im not currently running MQTT but this may help some others out:

How can I modify this to work with the Star Ring switch? Moes ZT-SR-EU4 control via MQTT | Zigbee2MQTT

Under Z2MQTT it shows the model number as TS0044, but this Blueprint doesn’t work for it.

If you find this blueprint no longer works I’ve applied a small fix here.

it’s essentially the same blueprint except for 1 line removed under "trigger:
“attribute: action”.

You might want to see if this one works for you.

4 Likes

Lovely, just recieved 4 of these remotes and it did NOT work with this blueprint in the thread, but yours do. Many thanks and a Happy New 2024!!

1 Like

Has anyone getting native groups to work ? E.g., binding this switch to a groupid other than 0, and then sending group messages ?

[disclosure, my switch is a MOES switch reporting at this TUYA switch, maybe it has a different or broken firmware. Manufacturer ID is _TZ3000_wkai4ga5]

This would allow to switch groups even if the coordinator is offline.

I know I can get this to work with deconz/phoscon app, but I would prefer a native way.

If it’s not possible, can someone recommend a scene switch that DOES work natively with zigbee groups ?

Many thanks, and happy 2024!

Thank you. I will try it out. However I discovered (weirdly) that this blueprint works with the Moes ZT-SR-EU4.

I Have MOES 4 Gang Tuya ZigBee labeled TS0044, but the payload is not the actions string. I had to modify your blueprint: Comparing konnectedvn:master...kaqq:master · konnectedvn/hass-config · GitHub
in my case, the payload is:
payload: '{"action":"1_single","battery":100,"linkquality":63,"voltage":3000}'

Thanks a lot for the fix !

I’ve been trying to use this Blueprint for a long while and still it’s a completely hit or miss. I usually have to press it like 5 or 6 times for it to respond.

The end device works with the same service call I’m using (light.toggle) when done in the UI.

I have been checking the traces and it’s always this same error. So the payload gets detected, and Option 1 is chosen, but then something happens and throws an error so it doesn’t send the service call.

No clue where to look to debug it. :S Any help would be appreciated.

Have a look at the post rdeangel (a few posts above yours). He made a new blueprint that works for me.

2 Likes