Zigbee2MQTT with Blitzwolf BW-SHP13 plugs readings too slow

Howdy! I just bought 6x BlitzWolf BW-SHP13. I needed some plugs to be able to sustain 16A / 3500W and to show me the consumption. The integration went perfect via Zigbee2MQTT, all of them are working. But then, one huge issue hit me.

The problem is they don’t show me the instant consumption like my other plugs do. For example, with Fibaro plugs, if I turn on a small lamp with a 5W bulb, the consumption changes almost instant. Same goes if I turn it off. With the BlitzWolf ones, nothing happens, for about a minute. Then it takes another minute (or more) to update. And this is making them useless for me.

I have found this setting in Zigbee2MQTT: Devices - Settings (specific), called “measurement_poll_interval” (as in the screenshot). I have tried changing the value from 0 to 5, 10 (which should be 5s, 10s), but nothing happened. Restarted HA, not working. Then I’ve tried setting to -1, and the consumption happened in a few seconds, but then the issue was it never changed, even after a few minutes, the value remained the same.

Is there any way I could force in Zigbee2MQTT the read the consumption values be faster? In Fibaro I have options to set the time i want, even select what ammount of watts should trigger the update.

P.S. I’ve also noticed some settings in Reporting (like in the screenshot), but I have no ideea what should I touch over there (can’t find any documentation for BlitzWolf BW-SHP13 anywhere).

Any help would be apreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Hmm… nobody has these Blitzwolf BW-SHP13 plugs?

You ever got that sorted out since April? I see the same behaviour using deCONZ…

same problem with BW-SHP13 and Zigbee2MQTT. Dont know what i can doing.

Have you managed to adjust the power reading interval ?
I’ve got this plug (TuYa BSD29 control via MQTT | Zigbee2MQTT) and having the same issue, it reports every 60 seconds, and adjusting the “measurement_poll_interval” in Zigbee2mqtt doesn’t change anything.

I’ve got the same issue with the BlitzWolf BW-SHP15.

Did any of you find a solition? If so I would really appreciate if you could share it :smile:

@Alfamonk
@maintaps
@e-raser
@noxx

Thanks in advance.

Depends. With some deCONZ tweaks I could lower the reading interval, but it is still quite high.

Second issue with some (newer? or specific firmware version?) BW-SHP13 plugs is they update the data very frequently, but send 0 values regularly. Depending on the use case „okay“/tolerable or a nightmare because of wrong data.

Personal summary: crappy firmware on those devices.

For me, 60 seconds is enough.I have several BW-SHP13 and SP15 and they spam the Zigbee network already enough.

I found the solution. It was a combination of 2 bugs in z2m.

The first bug is that as soon as you change anything in the settings(specific) tab, z2m will create a line for in in the config. But if the value of this setting is empty an error will be generated that the setting needs to have a value and it seems that none of the code is executed.
Issue link: Error: 2024-01-27 07:32:36Failed to apply calibration to 'power': 'power_calibration' is not a number, got string () · Issue #21037 · Koenkk/zigbee2mqtt · GitHub

Solution is to fill in all the settings fields with default values.

The second (kinda) bug is that you need to restart the z2m addon to make the settings take effect. And of course I tried this, but it probably didn’t do anything because of the bug 1 errors.
Issue link: TuYa BSD29_1: Updates to measurement polling interval require a restart to apply · Issue #21371 · Koenkk/zigbee2mqtt · GitHub

For me the changed polling setting works now.

For the energy monitoring I will leave them at 60 seconds as well. But I needed it for my washing machine automation. Therefor I need an update every 5 to 10 seconds if I dont want to have a delay of multiple minutes to make sure its not just inbetween washing phases. :upside_down_face: