Ziggo mediabox next

Hi @Hans, No I don’t. Looks like HA can’t find the python package online.But the package is normal available. Dit you try to reinstall the component?

Hoi Sholofly,

Yes, i did it all. But i found the problem. I don’t now i missed something in the doc’s or something is not clear to me. But you need first install the plugin, then reboot and then add the username and password in the configuration.yaml.

Hi,

I would test for Switzerland, but since the update today the component is not working for me anymore.

Coincident ?

I tried reinstall but it doesn´t help.

Error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/setup.py", line 191, in _async_setup_component
    result = await task
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/config/custom_components/ziggonext/__init__.py", line 30, in setup
    api.initialize(_LOGGER)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/ziggonext/ziggonext.py", line 159, in initialize
    self._register_settop_boxes()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/ziggonext/ziggonext.py", line 83, in _register_settop_boxes
    jsonResult = self._do_api_call(self.session, self._api_url_settop_boxes)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/ziggonext/ziggonext.py", line 132, in _do_api_call
    raise ZiggoNextConnectionError("API call failed: " + str(response.status_code))
ziggonext.exceptions.ZiggoNextConnectionError: API call failed: 403

Regards
René

Went back to 0.1.13 and with that version it started working again.

@sholofly I’ve just updated to HA Core 0.115.0, I’m seeing this error:

Log Details (ERROR)
Logger: homeassistant.helpers.entity
Source: custom_components/ziggonext/media_player.py:70
First occurred: 7:43:16 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 7:43:16 PM

Update for media_player.ziggo_next fails
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 670, in urlopen
    httplib_response = self._make_request(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 381, in _make_request
    self._validate_conn(conn)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 978, in _validate_conn
    conn.connect()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/urllib3/connection.py", line 362, in connect
    self.sock = ssl_wrap_socket(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/urllib3/util/ssl_.py", line 384, in ssl_wrap_socket
    return context.wrap_socket(sock, server_hostname=server_hostname)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/ssl.py", line 500, in wrap_socket
    return self.sslsocket_class._create(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/ssl.py", line 1040, in _create
    self.do_handshake()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/ssl.py", line 1309, in do_handshake
    self._sslobj.do_handshake()
ssl.SSLError: [SSL: TLSV1_ALERT_INTERNAL_ERROR] tlsv1 alert internal error (_ssl.c:1123)

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/requests/adapters.py", line 439, in send
    resp = conn.urlopen(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 726, in urlopen
    retries = retries.increment(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/urllib3/util/retry.py", line 439, in increment
    raise MaxRetryError(_pool, url, error or ResponseError(cause))
urllib3.exceptions.MaxRetryError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='web-api-prod-obo.horizon.tv', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /oesp/v3/NL/nld/web/channels (Caused by SSLError(SSLError(1, '[SSL: TLSV1_ALERT_INTERNAL_ERROR] tlsv1 alert internal error (_ssl.c:1123)')))

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 278, in async_update_ha_state
    await self.async_device_update()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 471, in async_device_update
    await self.hass.async_add_executor_job(self.update)  # type: ignore
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/config/custom_components/ziggonext/media_player.py", line 70, in update
    self.api.load_channels()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/ziggonext/ziggonext.py", line 215, in load_channels
    response = requests.get(self._api_url_channels)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/requests/api.py", line 76, in get
    return request('get', url, params=params, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/requests/api.py", line 61, in request
    return session.request(method=method, url=url, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/requests/sessions.py", line 530, in request
    resp = self.send(prep, **send_kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/requests/sessions.py", line 643, in send
    r = adapter.send(request, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/requests/adapters.py", line 514, in send
    raise SSLError(e, request=request)
requests.exceptions.SSLError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='web-api-prod-obo.horizon.tv', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /oesp/v3/NL/nld/web/channels (Caused by SSLError(SSLError(1, '[SSL: TLSV1_ALERT_INTERNAL_ERROR] tlsv1 alert internal error (_ssl.c:1123)')))

After a restart, with the Mediabox being on (I’m not using the energy-mode high) the error shown in my previous message, is gone.
But now I get this:

Log Details (ERROR)
Logger: homeassistant
Source: helpers/entity.py:271
First occurred: 8:54:25 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 8:54:25 PM

Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 271, in async_update_ha_state
    raise NoEntitySpecifiedError(
homeassistant.exceptions.NoEntitySpecifiedError: No entity id specified for entity Mediabox

hello, i would like to know how you can link digibox from telenet to home assistant?

Hi, have you tries a newer version already, what are your findings?

There was an update on the Ziggo side. It should be fixed already.

Yes, the error is gone.

Rudy, I was thinking, could the Integration benefit from being “local push”? I was thinking, when being based on push, the Mediabox would not need to be in the high energy mode, the Integration could scan regularly until it finds the Mediabox to be powered on?

Good suggestion. You mean that when you can’t reach te box, we assume its off?
Feel free to submit a feature request in my github repo!

Yes, something like that.
I will create a feature request.

I´m on the latest version but it does not work reliable. Sometimes it works but often after a few days it stops working. Sometimes a reboot of HA does help for a while. With the old version it´s also not better.

Does it work for you?

René

Not flawless but reasonable. If it stops working, what are the errors?

No errors. But I cannot switch on / off any more and there are no updates on the media played on the box. What helps is to reboot HA while the box is on. Then it works for a few hours before it stops again.

Hi René,

I’ve released a new version. You can try it. Otherwise, if there are no errors in the logs then I am afraid I can’t help you further. I can’t reproduce the issue. I’m sorry!

Updated to latest version. Currently it seems to work. Let´s see how long.

Thx
René

I found an issue that could be the solution to your problem. A new update is needed! Thanks for your feedback. Its really valuable!

Since 0.4.2 it´s running stable for me.

Thx
René

@sholofly

hello Rudolf I would like to help get the belgian telenet tv-box working? if you explain to me what you need or what I can do I want to do my best to help?

Greetings Jarne Roussard