Ziggo mediabox next

Hi Rudolf,

I’m also using the Telenet Digibox, if you want I can step in and give you the info you need to get this to work. Just let me know where to start …

Hi @gizzmo,

Please can you enable debugging in chrome developer toolbar on your providers web environment and send me the logs? You can find the debug setting here.

Hi,
The integration works perfectly. Thanks for that.

I am trying to replay the morning news as part of an automation. I cannot seem to get it to work via call service. Should it be possible? What parameters should I use then?

Thanks!

What I actually mean with the above question is, what service parameters should I use to for example switch channels via an automation? I can only seem to turn it on or off, while in the media player card I can also select channel.

Is it possible via call service?

service: media_player.select_source
data:
   entity_id: media_player.<your_box_id>
   source: 'NPO 1 HD'

For source list see attributes of your media player.

Thanks! Used channel instead of source…

1 Like

Hi!

For starters, love the integration! I have a question about the update / refresh interval for the component.

When i check my DNS stats i see lots and lots of requests coming form my HA system. 95% of all requests go to web-api-prod-obo.horizon.tv, every 11 seconds, 1 A lookup, and 1 AAA lookup. Up to 107000 request in 7 days. In comparison to all other components, its a lot.

I get the why, but is it manageable?

Kind regards,
pyvarex

Ziggo may have made adjustments. As a result, I now see standard names for the next box. STB - ARRIS - UHD

In my ziggogo account under the boxes I see also the name, already changed the names for the boxes but in HA still have the standard name.

Is there a change needed?

Maybe, saw that behavior too last Friday. I’m on holiday right now. I will look into it when I’ve returned.

Does anyone know whether the source attribute on the media_player has been removed? I was using that in my scripts / automations. I haven’t really touched Home Assistant in a couple months now, so could have been removed a while ago (I just updated to the latest version).

I’m btw talking about the actual media_player, so not the channel sensor.

@silver323 Same thing here. Have changed the name on the website, but see the same thing you posted in Home Assistant.

Edit:

The source attribute does seem to work now. Not sure what happened there. Still have the naming issue though.

Hi there,

Looks like Ziggo has changed the way how it passes the custom name. I’ve changed it for the dutch boxes but don’t know if it works for other countries.

Are there some volunteers to help test?

Hi,

I installed the plugin.
I’ve got now a mediaplayer: media_player.stb_arris_uhd (with source list)
and there is a sensor: sensor.stb_arris_uhd_channel.

The sensor has the state unknown.
Is this correct and should there be more devices?

See your comment now. But still have the old names for the sensors.

I didn’t update the component yet. I need someone to check if my solution works outside NL…

Just release the update, you will hear back from someone pretty quick when it doesn’t work :wink:

That’s not an option. I’m for sure this functionality will break for ‘foreign’ countries. That’s not acceptabe.

Hello Rudolf,

I have tried the manual install and trough HACS, but bouth give a error Component error: ziggonext - Integration ‘ziggonext’ not found.

configuration.yaml
ziggonext:
username: xxxxx
password: xxxxxx

arch x86_64
chassis vm
dev false
docker true
docker_version 19.03.11
hassio true
host_os HassOS 4.12
installation_type Home Assistant OS
os_name Linux
os_version 5.4.56
python_version 3.8.3
supervisor 235
timezone Europe/Amsterdam
version 0.114.3
virtualenv false

2020-08-22 11_45_36-File editor - Home Assistant

Log Details (ERROR)
Logger: homeassistant.loader
Source: custom_components/ziggonext/ init .py:14
First occurred: 11:13:39 AM (2 occurrences)
Last logged: 11:33:20 AM

Error loading custom_components.ziggonext. Make sure all dependencies are installed
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/loader.py”, line 504, in _load_file
module = importlib.import_module(path)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/importlib/ init .py”, line 127, in import_module
return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level)
File “”, line 1014, in _gcd_import
File “”, line 991, in _find_and_load
File “”, line 975, in _find_and_load_unlocked
File “”, line 671, in _load_unlocked
File “”, line 783, in exec_module
File “”, line 219, in _call_with_frames_removed
File “/config/custom_components/ziggonext/ init .py”, line 14, in
from ziggonext import ZiggoNext
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘ziggonext’

Wait, so this isn’t used in The Netherlands only? Does Ziggo operate in Belgium (or other countries) as well or is this more a device specific component instead of a Ziggo specific component?

Yup, it started as a ziggo component but there are other companies in europe using the same box with the same web components…

No idea or any suggestions Rudolf?