Ziggo mediabox next

Sorry, my component does not support that box.

Hey guys, I’m sorry if this is not the right topic to ask:
I installed this Ziggo Next integration via HACS and inserted the zigonext into the yaml.

Its working very nice when I use the mediacard (webinterface/app).

Thanks for that!

My question is: I also have my HA connected to nabu/google home and is it possible to tell google home to let the ziggo next pause/resume/skip to channel/etc?

Yes it is, if you have your player shared with Google home, you can use the friendly name. “Hey Google, zet Ziggo Beneden aan”. Works for me

Thanks for replying.
I think Im missing a step then, because I assume Im sharing all my devices automatically HA <-> Google Home.
But my next box is not showing. Also not after synching devices in Google.

Any idea?

Heya Sholofly,

I changed some settings and now the Ziggo Next box is fully accessible through Google.
Although this works fine, is it possible to change channel names? Or give them custom names?

For example, when I want to change to the “MTV 80s” channel. I have to pronounce it exactly as that in Dutch (as I’m obviously am Dutch).
So for MTV 80s, I need to say: “Hey Google, zet Ziggo op MTV tachtig S”
For NL 1 I’m supposed to say “NPO één HD”

It would be a lot simpler to give them a custom name based on our pronunciation, like “Nederland 1” or “MTV Eighties”.

I hope if I make any sense.

Thanks!

That makes a lot of sense! Please add a feature request to my repo. I will find out if I can implement it.

Im not very experienced with github. Is requesting a feature done by submitting an issue?
Github should change that imho as submitting an issue, to request a feature, seems like somethings wrong with the repo.?

Never mind m8, update the component and your good to go :slight_smile:

Btw, the answer is yes :wink: Sounds odd 'ey?

on the latest update I get the following error. Any tips how to resolve?

Logger: homeassistant.setup
Source: custom_components/ziggonext/__init__.py:32 
Integration: ziggonext (documentation) 
First occurred: 7:09:08 (1 occurrences) 
Last logged: 7:09:08

Error during setup of component ziggonext
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/setup.py", line 248, in _async_setup_component
    result = await task
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/config/custom_components/ziggonext/__init__.py", line 32, in setup
    api.connect()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/ziggonext/ziggonext.py", line 276, in connect
    self.get_session_and_token()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/ziggonext/ziggonext.py", line 59, in get_session_and_token
    self._get_token()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/ziggonext/ziggonext.py", line 269, in _get_token
    jsonResult = self._do_api_call(self._api_url_token)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/ziggonext/ziggonext.py", line 265, in _do_api_call
    raise ZiggoNextConnectionError("API call failed: " + str(response.status_code))
ziggonext.exceptions.ZiggoNextConnectionError: API call failed: 410

Still facing this issue? Was an issue on the Ziggo side.

It is gone indeed. Thanks

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply, and thanks for the update, works like a charm now!

1 Like

It doesn’t work for me…

1. I have added the integration using HACS
  2. I added the integration Arrix to HA
  • login credentials are the same as ziggogo
  • subsequently the device / entity is shown in HA, with the correct name I just changed in the setup box itself (so it syncs via the API), however, it remains unavailable.
  • I can control the setup box via ziggogo.nl.

What am I missing?

Hi Rolof, thank you for installing my component. Can you please raise an issue on GitHub, with some logging attached?

After a few days of just wating (a result of no time to play with HA) it suddenly started working as expected. Thank you for this component.
One question left: is it possible to use HA to select a source (eg Netflix)?

Yes you can select all the channels that are in the source list, so is Netflix in the Netherlands. But you can’t navigate through Netflix, except for creating service calls to emulate key presses.

Hi jba,

You said you changed some settings. May I ask how and which one? I can not manage to make the Ziggo Next box visible in my Google Home app. I tried some tweaks in my g_assistant_integrations.yaml file but none of that worked. Hope you can help me a little further. Thanks in advance.

Hey Danny,
Did you enable Google Assistant in the HA Nabu Casa cloud?
I activated my Ziggo in there, so I could acces it through Google Assistant.