Ziggo mediabox next

Hi jba,

Thanks for your reply. No, I haven’t registered it with Nabu.
It is now visible in my Google Home app via HA, but I can only switch the media box on and off.
In addition, I have also linked it to my Logitech Harmony Hub and I am able to fully control it via Google Home.

Is there a way to script that the ziggo next turns on or power off?

It uses the default power on and power off command. But… it needs a connection all the thime, so you couldn’t use the low energy mode.

When I choose the device there is no action turn off device in the automation

Every media_player has a turn_off. You should be able to use that.

1 Like

Dearest all,

I’ve just installed the integration as well.
Install in Hacs seems fine.
When trying to install the integration in HA the arris shows up, but after typing (the CORRECT) cridentials I keep getting a ‘Can’t Connect’ message. (When typing wrong info, it says ‘Wrong name/password’)

I haven’t done anything with actual scripting myself (still a Newbee), just followed all the steps here.

Anything I missed?

Yes, for Ziggo you need to switch to GitHub - Sholofly/lghorizon: Custom integration to control LG Horizon settop boxes
The present Arris-integration does not work anymore.

2 Likes

bit of a ressurection of this post!

GitHub - Sholofly/lghorizon: Custom integration to control LG Horizon settop boxes for Ziggo(NL), Magenta(AT), UPC(CH), Virgin(GB, IE), Telenet(BE) - this works well for my VIrgin Media Stream box.

Managed to integrate it nicely using Emulated Roku so that I can use my Harmony Remote control to change channels and get into the menus etc.

1 Like

Hello Sholofly,

A question… I made a ‘remote control’ in HA with the keypress option in the intergration. This all works fine and I can control the Ziggo next. Except when I start netflix. When netflix is active on the ziggo next the emulate keypress is not working anymore…Any Idea why ??
Thanks
Rolof

Hi Rotil66, that has the same reason as why it can’t be done on the physical remote. You can emulate the back key or the tv key to return to regular tv before entering a new channel number.

Hi Sholofly,

Thanks for your quick reply !!
I not really understand your answer.
I have no problem controlling the ziggo next with the original remote and my harmony hub.
These working within netflix. (outside HA)
Only the ‘send keycommand buttons’ I made from within HA do not work when netflix is running.
It might be we are talking about two different things. (I’m quite nee to HA)

Thanks,

p.s. just another question.
Incan use my google home to change the channels. (done bij HA) Is there a voice command thru Google home to open the guide ??

Should this component still be working?
The only thing I get is:

Platform error media_player.ziggo-mediabox-next - Integration 'ziggo-mediabox-next' not found.

You should.remove all yaml references, install the component using hacs and use the ui to add your account…

Thanks Rudolf,

Didn’t manage to use this, however I was able to use LG Horizon, which seamlessly connects to the Ziggo Mediabox Next.

Thats exactly the component i’ve created for this. Good to hear it works for you!

Hi Folks,

I got the plugin running and I can see my recorded programs and the recording capacity.
But for some reason the ‘mediabox’ entity is unavailable. Anybody knows why?

This might be the error;

2024-01-20 18:26:36.867 ERROR (SyncWorker_2) [homeassistant.components.ziggo_mediabox_xl.media_player] Can't connect to 192.168.0.123: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='restapi.ziggo.nl', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /1.0/channels-overview (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0x7f83d15f10>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 101] Network unreachable'))

I have the same problem, it started last night. media_player.mediabox_next is no longer available

Anybody knows how to fix this?

Logger: homeassistant.components.ziggo_mediabox_xl.media_player
Source: components/ziggo_mediabox_xl/media_player.py:77
Integration: ziggo_mediabox_xl (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 20:44:57 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 20:44:57

Can’t connect to 192.168.0.123: HTTPSConnectionPool(host=‘restapi.ziggo.nl’, port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /1.0/channels-overview (Caused by NewConnectionError(‘<urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0x7f85fbc650>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 101] Network unreachable’))

Looks like you’re using the old ziggo component. What type of box do you have?

Hi sholofly,

We are using the Next mini