Ziggo mediabox next

Yes, I see errors in the log but I have since rebooted and lost these errors. If the issue pops up again I will copy-paste the errors!

Question to other users. Since the naming was changed (it takes the name of the box and not the one configured in Configuration.yaml) I cannot operate the box via Google Home.

It shows up in Google home but always with the status “Offline” and I cannot do anything with it.

Do others have this problem as well?

Thx
René

It happened again and this is the error:

2020-05-05 19:29:39 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity] Update of media_player.stb_arris_uhd is taking over 10 seconds
2020-05-05 19:30:33 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity] Update for media_player.stb_arris_uhd fails
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/urllib3/contrib/pyopenssl.py", line 488, in wrap_socket
    cnx.do_handshake()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/OpenSSL/SSL.py", line 1934, in do_handshake
    self._raise_ssl_error(self._ssl, result)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/OpenSSL/SSL.py", line 1663, in _raise_ssl_error
    raise SysCallError(errno, errorcode.get(errno))
OpenSSL.SSL.SysCallError: (104, 'ECONNRESET')

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 677, in urlopen
    chunked=chunked,
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 381, in _make_request
    self._validate_conn(conn)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 976, in _validate_conn
    conn.connect()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/urllib3/connection.py", line 370, in connect
    ssl_context=context,
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/urllib3/util/ssl_.py", line 377, in ssl_wrap_socket
    return context.wrap_socket(sock, server_hostname=server_hostname)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/urllib3/contrib/pyopenssl.py", line 494, in wrap_socket
    raise ssl.SSLError("bad handshake: %r" % e)
ssl.SSLError: ("bad handshake: SysCallError(104, 'ECONNRESET')",)

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/requests/adapters.py", line 449, in send
    timeout=timeout
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 725, in urlopen
    method, url, error=e, _pool=self, _stacktrace=sys.exc_info()[2]
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/urllib3/util/retry.py", line 439, in increment
    raise MaxRetryError(_pool, url, error or ResponseError(cause))
urllib3.exceptions.MaxRetryError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='web-api-prod-obo.horizon.tv', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /oesp/v3/NL/nld/web/channels (Caused by SSLError(SSLError("bad handshake: SysCallError(104, 'ECONNRESET')")))

File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 279, in async_update_ha_state
    await self.async_device_update()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 472, in async_device_update
    await self.hass.async_add_executor_job(self.update)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/config/custom_components/ziggonext/media_player.py", line 57, in update
    self.api.load_channels()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/ziggonext/ziggonext.py", line 171, in load_channels
    response = requests.get(self._api_url_channels)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/requests/api.py", line 76, in get
    return request('get', url, params=params, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/requests/api.py", line 61, in request
    return session.request(method=method, url=url, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/requests/sessions.py", line 530, in request
    resp = self.send(prep, **send_kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/requests/sessions.py", line 643, in send
    r = adapter.send(request, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/requests/adapters.py", line 514, in send
    raise SSLError(e, request=request)
requests.exceptions.SSLError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='web-api-prod-obo.horizon.tv', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /oesp/v3/NL/nld/web/channels (Caused by SSLError(SSLError("bad handshake: SysCallError(104, 'ECONNRESET')")))

With the new update to 0.110 I get the error message below in the log.

What can I do about it?

Logboekdetails (WARNING)
Logger: homeassistant.components.media_player
Source: components/media_player/__init__.py:938
Integration: Mediaspeler (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 15:18:36 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 15:18:36

MediaPlayerDevice is deprecated, modify ZiggoNextMediaPlayer to extend MediaPlayerEntity

I found it :grinning:
Renamed entity class names

Just released a new version with that fix. You can update using HACS!

1 Like

Great, I just tested it and the error is gone.

Thanks for your quick response.

1 Like

Thanks Rudolf for the support.
Is it also possible to get Netflix (channel 150) or Videoland (channel 151) supported?

That way, a cinema/movie scene can be created.

There’s an attribute that shows the current app name. You can use that attribute for your automation/scene.

I know, but I think I didn’t explain properly.

I would like to see Netflix and Videoland in the source list.

Ah, OK. Please submit a feature request in the repo!

Very cool. I’ve got it working.
I have two mediaboxes-Next at home.
Right now I can only control (and see) 1.
I there something I can add to the config so I see both?

Should work out of the box. I have two myself.

mmmm… unfortunaly I see only 1 mediabox

Are both boxes accessible via https://www.ziggogo.tv? That web app has the same source for the boxes.

Yes when I login in ziggogo.tv I see both media boxes.
The one I see in HA is on the top of the listing ziggogo.tv

Yesterday I updated to version 0.111, unfortunately ziggonext isn’t working any more.

Logboekdetails (ERROR)
Logger: homeassistant.setup
Source: custom_components/ziggonext/__init__.py:30
First occurred: 10:08:25 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 10:08:25

Error during setup of component ziggonext
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/setup.py", line 190, in _async_setup_component
    result = await asyncio.wait_for(task, SLOW_SETUP_MAX_WAIT)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/asyncio/tasks.py", line 442, in wait_for
    return fut.result()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/config/custom_components/ziggonext/__init__.py", line 30, in setup
    api.initialize(_LOGGER)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/ziggonext/ziggonext.py", line 124, in initialize
    self.load_channels()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/ziggonext/ziggonext.py", line 189, in load_channels
    station["images"][2]["url"],
IndexError: list index out of range

I’ve got the same this morning.

Same here.

Hi, I’ve updated the component. Looks like it was an update of Ziggo that was the culprit. Channel sensors are also up again.

Great thanks. All working again!