ZigStar - ZigBee Coordinators and Routers

Check GitHub for new features and long awaited *.app file for easy launch on macOS

1 Like

Hi !

On the picture of the LAN Gateway, the case have openings on both sides.
But when i see the STL here https://github.com/mercenaruss/zigstar_gateways/tree/main/files/STL/WT32-ETH01_LAN_Gateway
there isnā€™t.
Could you push the update of the STL ?

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi, we are not using anymore this openings, we decided to have openings in the back of 3d enclosure.

Hi !
thx.
on the 1.2 cover, what is the purpose of the 4 holes ?

No special purposes,ventilation.
1.2mm version is default, what i do for sale.
1.6mm is for self assembly, some people donā€™t find SMA for 1,2mm so they make 1.6mm PCBā€™s and they need also enclosure

Hi, I think today will arrive my order. Have now one CC2530 coordinator and one CC2530 router.
What must I do to install the new Zigstar coordinator and maybe use the 2pcs CC2530 to use routers?
Or donā€™t know will need the CC2530 routers?!
I think must reflash the 2pcsCC2530 but what firmware must flash to this routers?
In the zigbee2mqtt config must edit something, or is it possible when connect it everything will work asap?

1 Like

Hi, first step is for you, to replace the existing coordinator.
Then you flash CC2530 with router firmware from KoenK,and connect them first to coordinator. After all another devices.

1 Like

Hi, Now want to connect but the zigbee docker always restarting and canā€™t connect to adapter. What can I do?

Hi, Zigbee Docker? Z2M?

Yes. On synology nas.

Donā€™t have any experience with NAS unfortunately.
Canā€™t advice on this matter.

I see the usb ttyUSB0 and before the older coordinator working on it too. But this new zigstar canā€™t start. :frowning:

Provide some logs on paste.bin , so we will identify the issue.

Untitled - Pastebin

I will DM you now, so we can identify the issue.

Hi !
Iā€™ve plugged in my Lan Gateway
FW updated to v6.0
Configured in HASS with ZHA.
2 sensors SW30 added.
its all good. :smiley:
Good job.

One strange behavior happened the first time i powered with the USB 2.0 of my R7000 router : Red led inside light on, but ETH wont go up.
So i decide to power with USB powerbank : the ETH go up ā€¦
After some test on the web GUI, i power again with the USB of my R7000 ā€¦ and its work fine ā€¦
I didntā€™ know with it fail the first time.

How much power the LAN gateway drain ?

@alainvtr thank you very much for feedback. This is the best when you receive it.

About behavior iā€™m not sure,because I alway power by USB from PC or Power Supply.

According to documentation:

Current Value mA
Operating current LAN Average: 80mA
Supply current LAN Minimum: 500 mA
Supply current ZigBee Minimum: 250 mA

Basically 1A power supply is more than enough for this little thing to run properly.

@mercenaruss good day. Ordered a LAN and I want to paint the antena white to try and hide it in the background.
Have you got any feedback on any potential downside to doing this?
Thank you

Hi, ohhh not sure what to say, i donā€™t think is any downside on painting antenna.

Hi !

About power consumption, iā€™ve connected a Ruiden TC66C and made some tests.

The current drain is under 190mA.
Itā€™s almost near 175mA and sometime raise to 185mA (new device pairing).

So a standard USB 2 port is enough to power the LAN gateway.

1 Like